Add-on promotions on Member Cruise September 2013

Allformykid

Earning My Ears
I was on this member cruise but did not have enough time to check out if there were any special offers of adding on while onboard. I'm just curious if there was anything significant for possible future add-ons on member cruises. I got conflicting information between the DVC member cruise podium guy and my actual guide. Can anyone help out with the details if you happen to attend the sales/update onboard member cruise or just happen to know?

There is no set deal. Disney will vary the deals based on several factors which may include their need for cash flow on a project or other internal accounting reasons.

VGF isn't being offered with any discounts anywhere. The price discounts are bogus and are created by Disney to make you think that you are getting a deal. They raise the point price by $20 then give you a discount of $5 per point.

AKV and Aulani had discounts and cruise credits because Disney wants to increase sales and close out the resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

The price discounts are bogus and are created by Disney to make you think that you are getting a deal. They raise the point price by $20 then give you a discount of $5 per point.

This reminds me of a scene in the movie Animal House.

Chip: [being spanked as part of Omega's initiation] Thank you, sir! May I have another?

Yes, I am familiar with how discounts can be a bogus; My curiosity was more if the member cruise add-on discounts were truly any better than regular cruise promotions and vs. land offers in general including any details if possible. For example, AKL and AHV was previously posted to have discounts with intention to promote sellout; However, were they significant compared to regular cruise and/or land sales?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter