Add dining plan (staying on site)

ean

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

We booked the room only using a TA (staying @ POP for 11 nights). We also bought park tickets using the same agent.

Can we add any the Quick Service Dining Plan (or any) to our room at the moment when we arrive at the hotel?
(even if we did not buy the room thru Disney Web Page).

We have used the DDP in the past (booked package directly from Disney Web Page), but now it is the first time we are doing it separate ways.

Thank you all!

I'm not an expert, so you might want to check with your travel agency, but according to the Disney website
To take advantage of a Disney dining plan, you must purchase one of the following Magic Your Way Vacation Packages that include a Disney dining plan.
•2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Quick-Service Dining
•2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
•2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining
•2013 Magic Your Way Premium Package (includes dining)
•2013 Magic Your Way Platinum Package (includes dining)

Hello everyone!

We booked the room only using a TA (staying @ POP for 11 nights). We also bought park tickets using the same agent.

Can we add any the Quick Service Dining Plan (or any) to our room at the moment when we arrive at the hotel?
(even if we did not buy the room thru Disney Web Page).

We have used the DDP in the past (booked package directly from Disney Web Page), but now it is the first time we are doing it separate ways.

Thank you all!

You will not be able to do it when you check in; it must be done at least 72 hrs before. And, since you used a TA, you can't call Disney and do it yourself. You'll need to call you TA and see if they can change your reservations to a package with dining. They are the only ones who can help you do this.

sharonabe said:
You will not be able to do it when you check in; it must be done at least 72 hrs before. And, since you used a TA, you can't call Disney and do it yourself. You'll need to call you TA and see if they can change your reservations to a package with dining. They are the only ones who can help you do this.

Thank you sharonabe! I will call my TA and discuss the options!

You cannot add Dining to a Room Only reservation.
You need to cancel your reservation and book a new one - as a package that includes tickets.
They will refund any money on your room only reservation and you will need to provide a new $200 deposit for your package reservation (or payment in full if you are within 45 days).
Once you are booked with a package you can then add the Dining Plan to it but it must be done 72 hours before you check in.
HTH. :)

All that being said - I just re-read the part that A. your used a TA and B. that you already purchased your tickets...

Everything needs to be done through your TA - and I have a feeling that because you already purchased your tickets, you will not be able to cancel and switch to a package to get the Dining Plan.

chocovrdmicears said:
You cannot add Dining to a Room Only reservation.
You need to cancel your reservation and book a new one - as a package that includes tickets.
They will refund any money on your room only reservation and you will need to provide a new $200 deposit for your package reservation (or payment in full if you are within 45 days).
Once you are booked with a package you can then add the Dining Plan to it but it must be done 72 hours before you check in.
HTH. :)

All that being said - I just re-read the part that A. your used a TA and B. that you already purchased your tickets...

Everything needs to be done through your TA - and I have a feeling that because you already purchased your tickets, you will not be able to cancel and switch to a package to get the Dining Plan.

Thank you chocovrdmicears! We were just crunching numbers about paying OOP or getting the Quick Service. So far, the OOP option is beating the Dining Plan, beside the hassle of canceling and re booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter