Add days to Disneyland tickets?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by bks9581, Mar 13, 2018.

1. bks9581

bks9581 DVC Home: BWV

We are planning our first trip to Disneyland this May. We are WDW veterans so I'm having a hard time estimating how many park days we will need at Disneyland. We are staying at the GC for 4 nights and are definitely planning on 3 park days. We are questioning whether we might need a 4th park day. We will have our 2.5 year old and 7 year old with us...any thoughts/opinions on how many park days we should plan? At WDW you can add a day to your existing ticket and pay the difference. Does it work that way at DL too? If on the 3rd day we know we want to come back, can we add a day to our tickets? We will be getting hoppers for sure and planning to get the maxpass.

TIA!

2. starshine514

starshine514 DIS Veteran

Yes, you can add up to a total of five days, as long as you do it before the end of your last day.

Whistlebee likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bks9581

Great - thanks so much!

5. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

6. bks9581

Thanks - I'm thinking we need 4 too, but hubby is not convinced. I have been reading up on that link too. Thanks!

7. 10SE

10SE Mouseketeer

I’d get the extra day. The cost difference between three and four days is pretty small, $25 per ticket I believe. When else can you do a day at Disneyland for $25? Even if it’s only a partial day, it’s pretty easy to get value out of that.

8. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Make sure to buy your tickets ahead of time and not at the ticket booths. 3+ day tickets purchase in advance come with a Magic Morning (early entry to DL on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday). Tickets purchased at the ticket booths do not come with MM. Check Mousesavers.com to see if there are any special offers for multiday tickets that are good for your dates. Sometimes you can get a 4th day for free.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    bks9581 likes this.
  9. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

Check out tickets at last minute travel club.

Click through and don’t buy their meembership. They’ll give it for free. Haha!

Don’t search Disneyland. Look at the Anaheim activities and it should be in the list.

bks9581 likes this.
  10. bks9581

Thank you all for the wonderful tips!

11. cruisehopeful

cruisehopeful Wishing I was taking a nap on a ship.

That won't matter since the OP is staying at Grand Californian. They will have early entry every day.

12. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

True, although the additional info on possibly getting a 4th day free might come in handy. The MM info is mainly for the OP to keep in mind in case staying on site falls through and for lurkers and future readers doing a search on this topic. It's unfortunate how many people find out at the ticket booths that they won't be getting a MM.

twoolle likes this.