Add an Extra Day due to Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek Closure in July: Any Cancellation Charges

AngelDisney

Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
I knew that Splash Mountain would be closed during our stay in July. After I had booked my vacation package, I found out that Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek would be closed from July 1 to July 18 as well. Originally my first park day is July 2. Now I am thinking of leaving Toronto a day early in order to visit Tokyo Disneyland on July 1. Luckily I haven't booked the outbound flight yet, hoping the one way fare from Toronto to Haneda would drop a bit. It seems that there is no cancellation charge if I cancel the vacation package that I have booked at this time. Since I cannot access the park tickets from the vacation package before the check-in date on July 2. I need to re-book then cancel to get park tickets for July 1 to July 4. Another option is to buy a 1-day ticket separately but this costs more than adding a day to the 3-day hopper tickets. The advantage of starting the vacation package a day earlier is being able to use the special fastpasses on Monster Inc. Ride and Go Seek if we want to ride it more than once (or twice).

Dear Tokyo Disney Vets, am I ok to re-book a new vacation package then cancel the old vacation package without incurring any additional charges? Thanks in advance for your insights!

Just tried booking a new vacation package and the cheapest room category is gone so it is JPY16700 more to change. I will go with the second option and buy separate 1-day tickets instead. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter