Actual adult ordering off kids' menu at table service??

skysmom99

Queen of my Castle
I couldn't find a newer post on this, and knowing how often things change at WDW, I wanted to know if it's still allowed for a real adult to order from the kids' menu. My dd (almost 20) is extremely picky. I was thinking about booking lunch at Sci Fi because I have wanted to go there, but I know there isn't anything on the adult menu that she'd eat. Has anyone done this recently?

Sci fi may allow it, but would likely bring an adult portion (at adult price) of the kids menu items. The higher end restaurants are where I've seen issues, but it's at the restaurant's discretion so there's not always rhyme or reason to who allows it and who doesn't. If you're paying out of pocket it's generally not an issue at the less fancy TS restaurants. If you're trying to use the dining plan, that's when it's a definite no-go.

I've had no issue ordering kids meals at restaurants. If I'm not very hungry I mention I want the child size portion and I'm charged the child price. The only place they won't do this is buffets and price fixed places.

We have never had an issue, but are always on the DP, so have paid with an adult credit. Weve never been given any strange looks or questioned about what we were ordering. The CM takes our order then brings the food, thats it. Also to note, we dont question the CM either whether its ok or not. We just order like we would any other meal.

I've had no issue ordering kids meals at restaurants. If I'm not very hungry I mention I want the child size portion and I'm charged the child price. The only place they won't do this is buffets and price fixed places.

Although I haven't tried it, your post has given me the incentive to try it next time. I'm a senior citizen with a small appetite, and I've always appreciated what a few places do-they have a menu that says it's for kids or seniors.

I do it usually every trip, at least once. However, we aren’t on any dining plan.

Or just order dessert for her

Done that may times! My DD is super picky. She wont try/touch/eat Mexican food and its my favorite. We we go to San Angel Inn every trip, she gets Churros. After/Before our dinner, we go to Liberty Inn for her. Same at Chefs de France and Beirgarten (Though she knows she wont be eating a dessert there, so we go to LI before)

I couldn't find a newer post on this, and knowing how often things change at WDW, I wanted to know if it's still allowed for a real adult to order from the kids' menu. My dd (almost 20) is extremely picky. I was thinking about booking lunch at Sci Fi because I have wanted to go there, but I know there isn't anything on the adult menu that she'd eat. Has anyone done this recently?
I cannot eat a lot at one time so I often will order off the kids menu. I just did it during my June trip to Walt Disney World. Specifically, I remember ordering a kids meal at Be Our Guest. It was a preorder before we even arrived at the restaurant through the app. I was not charged extra.

Had gastric sleeve stomach surgery - only have 1/3 of stomach and cannot eat very much. Usually order an appetizer or off the children's menu. Never had an issue, if server asks I explain the medical reason, but they rarely ask. Works well for me.

Usually not a problem for me, except once at Le Cellier lunch. I was with our youngest son on my own and not very hungry, but the CM would not allow me to order from the kids menu. (I ordered soup and a glass of wine, which was actually less expensive than the kids menu item + wine I wanted to order.) Many other restaurants at WDW have allowed it, but the CM response varies. When I'm with our youngest son alone, it's not as welcome. When my husband and our adult sons join us, it seems entirely welcome (they order a ton.)

We have found that it completely depends on the restaurant.
We were told no when we asked at both Le Cellier and Brown Derby for the kids meal filet.
However, at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, we were told that it is fine.

My daughter 24 and I both like to either share a meal or order off the children's menu. Smaller meal allows us to save room for a glass of wine and dessert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter