Activities for kids at OKW community center?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what activities are offered at the community center for kids at OKW. I thought I read somewhere that they have activities for age 6 and up. Mine are 5 and 8. I wonder if the 5 could attend with her brother, so hubby and I could have an hour to lay by the pool. Going home in 11 days and am ready to get out the cold and snowy NorthEast.

Consider ourselves resident experts here!!! Our kids are almost 6 and 7 and have done all the activities. We finally go the 20 feet to a chair by the pool and leave them in the community hall. At ages 2, 3 and 4 we waited around the door as we felt we needed to be near. Neither the kids or the CM's felt that way - so do what you feel is right. When you check in a schedule of events will be listed. They include group activities at @ every two hours. There is alot of arts and crafts. Cute Disney themed souvenirs are usually offered, Once a day is a paid craft. It ranges from tie dye shirts to cement hand prints to picture frames. Twice no cost was listed on the board outside the doors and we were unpleasently surprized - so ask ahead. The best each trip is the Thursday "Unbirthday Party". It is a real party with games and prizes, hats and balloons. Each child is special that day! They end with a snack like a cupcake and punch, Mine make us come back from the parks for this one!! The CM's are great and we feel right at home here. Our kids have spent ALOT of time here. As DVC members we spend the afternoons resting by the pool and most CM's know my family from our average 3-4 trips a year. They remark how the kids have grown and matured. We have done halloween spook houses and costume parties to watching a moment in history on the big screen with other DVC'ers. and CM;s in community hall. They have gone out of their way to help blow up balloons and get Mickey Cards for the villas when the real birthday day pops up during a visit. OK - I will stop but urge your family to make this a stop. And if any OKW CM's re reading this, quiet, Brandon and let's party Justin say HI!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter