Activation of annual passes without voucher

newlittleminnie

DIS Veteran
I have a question. (Duh lol)

I am considering buying an annual pass at some time in the near future and I read on a thread (admittedly an old thread) that if you buy the voucher your annual pass will activate when you trade in the voucher.

However when looking at the wdw website it now seems they offer to post annual passes to the uk for an extra charge. Does this mean since I will have the actual card not the voucher that it will become active on purchase?

Or will it still not be activated until I use it to enter a park?

Many thanks

They will send you a voucher in the post to redeem for an Annual Pass at Guest Services so you'll be fine. However, you might want to consider the 'Will Call' option - you have to go to a ticket window anyhow to exchange your pass so instead of handing over the voucher you give them your reference number and they just look it up on their system.

You receive and email confirmation so you'll have a 'receipt' of purchase in case that's a worry, and ofc, has the benefits of being free rather than getting charged overseas postage.

Tickets in the 'Will Call' system don't expire so also doesn't matter how far in advance you order them.

Hope that helps :)

They will send you a voucher in the post to redeem for an Annual Pass at Guest Services so you'll be fine. However, you might want to consider the 'Will Call' option - you have to go to a ticket window anyhow to exchange your pass so instead of handing over the voucher you give them your reference number and they just look it up on their system.

You receive and email confirmation so you'll have a 'receipt' of purchase in case that's a worry, and ofc, has the benefits of being free rather than getting charged overseas postage.

Tickets in the 'Will Call' system don't expire so also doesn't matter how far in advance you order them.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you very much :)

I will feel better knowing I have some kind of confirmation email that I can print off :)

I think I will just go for the will call option

The will-call reservation is four letters followed by seven or eight digits. Normally if it is purchased online you will get a receipt with a bar code. Bring that to any ticket window to get your actual pass. If you don't have a bar code, be sure to bring the full reservation number.

Cheshire Figment said:
The will-call reservation is four letters followed by seven or eight digits. Normally if it is purchased online you will get a receipt with a bar code. Bring that to any ticket window to get your actual pass. If you don't have a bar code, be sure to bring the full reservation number.

Thank you for the extra info :) is there a guest services window before you enter MK?

Just we won't have time to go to DTD before a park and MK will be the first park of the holiday, and obviously can't enter without the pass lol

Thank you for the extra info :) is there a guest services window before you enter MK?

Just we won't have time to go to DTD before a park and MK will be the first park of the holiday, and obviously can't enter without the pass lol

Yes, it's to the far right of the entrance, close to the bus stops.

DebbieB said:

Thank you :) at least now I know here I'm going lol

hidingmickey said:
the confusion may be that the voucher IS a card, but not the actual pass.

I think that may be it. I thought it was odd that they would offer to ship a voucher that could easily be printed out :/

Thank you :) at least now I know here I'm going lol

I think that may be it. I thought it was odd that they would offer to ship a voucher that could easily be printed out :/

yes I was surprised to get them when we purchased since I knew they aren't activated until you go and activate them (we bought ours before the price increase back in June (?) and intend to go for Christmas). In the mail came cards that say they are not tickets, but I cannot recall if they call them vouchers or not. Unlike the photopass plus voucher that we got, that is paper, these are credit card like, just like the KTTW cards or MVMCP tickets!

Have you ever had the experience of exchanging the 'voucher' for the actual pass?

I was just wondering roughly how long it takes, if its as simple as handing over the voucher and they give you the card

newlittleminnie said:
Have you ever had the experience of exchanging the 'voucher' for the actual pass?

I was just wondering roughly how long it takes, if its as simple as handing over the voucher and they give you the card

As quick or quicker than purchasing a ticket with cash or credit.

mesaboy2 said:
As quick or quicker than purchasing a ticket with cash or credit.

That's the problem I've never done that to know how quick it is lol

I've only been once and we had our tickets before we went

newlittleminnie said:
That's the problem I've never done that to know how quick it is lol

I've only been once and we had our tickets before we went

2-3 minutes or so once at the window.

Basically as long as you have the reservation information the length of time is the same. If it not an annual pass the system will print the live tickets immediately. If it is any level of Annual Pass the demographic information must be entered prior to the actual issuance of the pass.

It does not really take any long. However, if you a purchasing an Florida Resident AP of any level on the Monthly Payment Plan the procedures are very much faster if you to the purchase online.

At #9 on the map.

MK-Gates-RopeDrop_040912b.jpg

I just picked up my annual passes at Will Call on the 15th of November. Will Call was not at #9 (Guest Relations) it was at the booth to the right of the bag check on the same side as guest relations. I think years ago they sold the Bricks from that location. Not sure if this is a temporary move or their new home. Have never done Will Call before.

MI mom of 3 said:
I just picked up my annual passes at Will Call on the 15th of November. Will Call was not at #9 (Guest Relations) it was at the booth to the right of the bag check on the same side as guest relations. I think years ago they sold the Bricks from that location. Not sure if this is a temporary move or their new home. Have never done Will Call before.

Thanks for the update :)

Hello, Im not trying to take over your thread!But, this thread raised some questions for me. I am planning on buying an annual pass for a family member for chirstmas. If i am correct they will send me a voucher, or i can use the will call option. Even if my annual pass is not activated can i still login to the annual pass site and book a vacation based on having my voucher? :confused3

As far as I'm aware you just have to have the annual pass by the time you check in.

I'm sure someone else can shed some more light on the matter though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter