Ack! Oh No! Pretrip report?

Song of the South

Mouseketeer
So...we leave for WDW and BCV on Saturday and I haven't finished the TR from April! Shame on me. Ack! Oh, no!

Further dismaying is the post-tibial tendonitis I am experiencing on my right ankle requiring a walking boot and/or ankle brace. I'm going to need a wheelchair at Disney which isn't a problem but I don't think I can roll a wheelchair for myself and push DD's stroller. Ack! Oh, no! Anyway, as always it looks to be a great, albeit interesting, time!

Any suggestions for BCV in a wheelchair or mobility issues? Also any suggestions for how to handle the mobility issue coupled with managing a toddler would be appreciated!!! I'll have help on Saturday (BFF is coming along for the day!!!) until DH can arrive on Sunday but BFF has a toddler too so double the trouble and twice the fun! :moped:

Thanks!!!
SotS

I'm going tomove this over to the DisABILITIES Forum - you'll probably gets lots of got suggestions and advice there. :)

Sorry about the tendonitis - hope it all heals up soon!

I would get an ECV for you and a double stroller for the two toddlers. Let your friend push the stroller--having both kids contained will be a help.

Have you read the FAQs at the top of this board? It offers a lot of information and help.

Hey Piper! Thanks for the GREAT advice! I have rented an ECV from K&M and procured a double stroller today at the bargain shop. Here's hoping things go okay...I'm sure that it will be although I cannot, for the life of me, imagine how I'm going to get a carseat, myself, and a child through security and to the plane and then from the plane, to the rental car. It's gonna be okay. :worried: :3dglasses

SotS

Hey Piper! Thanks for the GREAT advice! I have rented an ECV from K&M and procured a double stroller today at the bargain shop. Here's hoping things go okay...I'm sure that it will be although I cannot, for the life of me, imagine how I'm going to get a carseat, myself, and a child through security and to the plane and then from the plane, to the rental car. It's gonna be okay. :worried: :3dglasses

SotS

Ask a skycap for help. I once sprained my knee the day before we flew home from the Outer Banks. I had my son, Christian, with me. He has autism and balance issues, so he has to hold my arm when we're out in public. Needless to say, that was impossible when I was on crutches. The sky cap loaded me up in a wheelchair with Christian on my lap. He had a wheeled cart for the bags and pushed us all the way to the plane. The flight attendants helped us get seated. When we landed, the attendants met us at the gate and did hte whole procedure again, depositing us at Transportation. I tipped them well and it was money well spent. :thumbsup2

I sympathize with you on the PTT. I've had it for years, getting progessively worse over time. It really limits my activity. Wear good shoes and orthotics. :goodvibes And ice is your friend. Carry your refillable ice pack with you to the parks. You can get more ice at First Aid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!