Accommodations for family of 5

thereitis

Mouseketeer
I'm contemplating taking our first family Disney Vacation sometime next year.

I've been a couple of times before, but never with children.

Would be my husband and I and a six year old, 4 year old and a baby (is 4 months now), so say around a year old ish for the trip.

Where is good to stay for a family with three?

Is a Value Resort rooms even feasible? Probably too small I imagine.

Which resorts would you all suggest?

Also I'm starting to learn about DVC which seems like it has good family sized rooms, so contemplating borrowing/renting points to investigate that option.

Any and all thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

Thank you so very much :)

your baby will be under 2 years old - so you can get a room for 4.

so the value resorts are still in - if you can stand the closest.

resorts for 5 - which you won't need until at least 2014 or 2015
POR - ab
2 rooms at a value - POP ASSP ASMu ASMo
fw cabins
1-bedroom at blt, okw, akv - they have an extra chair bed

the new Art of Animation suites sleep 6 and has a bedroom with a door that closes so you can put kids to sleep and still watch tv etc :)

DVC would be great for you, but as others said, a traditional double/double (Disney value) would be fine on this trip. AoA is a value and has suites. The cabins look cool too, but I have never been so I cant directly comment.

As for the DVC, renting points tends to be cheaper, but you can get them directly through disney as well. On the WDW site it is the "villas."

with kids that little I'd consider trying to stay at a monorail resort for easier transportation. The CR Garden Wing rooms are nice and are the cheapest monorail option or a standard room at the Poly would be great as well. The rooms are big and you get 2 queens and a daybed

If it's not in your budget for the monorail I'd consider a suite at AoA or ASMu that will give you a separate room for mom and dad or for the baby to nap while you hang out in the living area

The All Star MUSIC resort has "family suites" with one queen bed in one room, and three pullout beds in the other room (a full and two singles), I think with a kitchenette. And two bathrooms.

This would be my preference over two rooms at a value.... if you are going the two room route.

thank you for all the feedback so far.

I don't think cramming in to a value would really work for my sanity - as much as the lower cost is appealing -

We would need to have a separate sleeping area, so hubs and I can hang out once the kids are in bed.

I don't think cramming in to a value would really work for my sanity - as much as the lower cost is appealing -

We would need to have a separate sleeping area, so hubs and I can hang out once the kids are in bed.

In this case the all star music family suite may meet your needs.

FW cabins are awesome, the whole FW campground rules. just discovered for first time this past weekend and wish we had tried it yrs earlier. my new favorite.

The Polynesian also accomodates up to 5. We stayed there with 3 adults, a tween and a 6 year old with room to spare. It was great the amount of space, especially if you can get a balcony!

The only way to get what you want is to stay in a DVC Villa, a suite at AoA or ASMu, or the FW Cabins. I think AKV is probably the cheapest 1BR Villa with renting points but not sure how convenient it would be. If you can't get or swing BLT I'd consider the villas at WL since you'd get the boat to MK and one to CR

Just revisiting this thread....

I think AoA suite might be best for us. That was my parents and MIL can book their own rooms and us a suite and be close together.

How is this compared to other value resorts?

Thanks!

I think AoA suite might be best for us. That was my parents and MIL can book their own rooms and us a suite and be close together.

Thanks!

The suites at AoA cost more than the ones at the All Star Music. If that is a consideration.

I also don't like that in the AoA suites the kitchenette is right next to bed. Kind of weird, and means it is not handy for early morning coffee and munchies while the little ones are sleeping.

Thanks!

Just a thought, is anyone military, or ever been in military. If military, parents, mil or you and do you can try SoG. If not military now but parents ever been they can still stay I'm jan or sept. they have huge rooms that can sleep 5 easily and also suites that sleep either 6 or 8. And you can not beat the price. You may give up a little Disney theme but you get huge rooms, great tax free and discounts on tickets, also close walk to poly for monorail is easy to get to.

Thank you both for your advice. No miltary connections though.

I'm now considering a moderate room - as they seem to have two queen beds - which would work for us - and nice pools. Not sure which one to pick though. I need to research further but feeling quite overwhelmed right now!

thereitis said:
Thank you both for your advice. No miltary connections though.

I'm now considering a moderate room - as they seem to have two queen beds - which would work for us - and nice pools. Not sure which one to pick though. I need to research further but feeling quite overwhelmed right now!

Before you count out AOA, I will tell you that we -- daughter, my husband, grandma, grandpa, and I -- stayed in one of the Nemo suites I we Christmas week and could not have been happier with the whole thing. I've since read some criticism on these posts but we had nothing but a tremendous time. The room was perfect for us because of the separate sleeping areas and the two full bathrooms. Made it easier for all the adults to share space.
The pools are terrific and the food court was good. Frankly, we got better service at this place than I have at moderate resorts.

thank you for your feedback - My son would just LOVE the cars suites and a suite would go a long way for my sanity.

We are looking to go late august so it really depends on if they offer free dining and if the offer it for AoA stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter