Accessible Washrooms

PrincessTrisha

DIS Veteran
I've booked us on the Magic for this fall and I'm becoming a little apprehensive about the washroom situation.

My mother is a wheelchair user and requires assistance to move onto the toilet. I was wondering if in both the accessible cabins and the public accessible washrooms if there is room beside the toilet to put a wheelchair?

Does anyone have pictures of the accessible cabin washrooms or know where to find them online?

Anyone going on the Magic soon willing to take pictures of the public washrooms - handicapped stalls?

This is going to be the difference between keeping the cruise booking and potentially talking to my parents about cancelling. I am concerned about my mother falling as she still needs one person with her to transfer and it works best with the wheelchair to one side of the toilet (otherwise it gets in the way).

thanks so much.

The handicapped wash rooms are large enough for a wheelchair :) In fact they are large enough for me, my daugher and her chair! There are several all over the ship so this should not be an issue. I am sure you will not have a problem We do not book handicapped cabins, we can get away with moving our daugher around without too much issue so we like to leave the handicapped cabins for those that REALLY need them since there aren't many ;)

but we didn't have a handicapped cabin. The only observation I remember is that there were not handicapped bathrooms on every deck. While every public deck had restrooms sometimes there would be a sign telling you what deck had the nearest accessible restroom. Just an FYI.

The two public handicapped washrooms are on deck 4 forward (just outside the WD theater) and on deck 3 aft (to the left of Parrot Cay). There is pleanty of room in the public washrooms to put a wheelchair next to the toilet and assist your mother. The stateroom restrooms are roomy as well, but you may have to be more creative as there is not as much room as the public spaces. The last cruise DH and I were on, we did not have a HA stateroom, and he just used the restroom in the public areas when he needed to go. This may be an option for your mother as a last resort if the stateroom washroom does not work out. I would not cancel the trip, as long as you are in a HA stateroom, you should be fine. Have a great cruise!

The two public handicapped washrooms are on deck 4 forward (just outside the WD theater) and on deck 3 aft (to the left of Parrot Cay). There is pleanty of room in the public washrooms to put a wheelchair next to the toilet and assist your mother. The stateroom restrooms are roomy as well, but you may have to be more creative as there is not as much room as the public spaces. The last cruise DH and I were on, we did not have a HA stateroom, and he just used the restroom in the public areas when he needed to go. This may be an option for your mother as a last resort if the stateroom washroom does not work out. I would not cancel the trip, as long as you are in a HA stateroom, you should be fine. Have a great cruise!

I believe I saw a HA restroom on deck 9 forward just to the left of the spa entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter