Acca-Believe it…. You’re in Disney! Jan 2013 UPDATED 3/24 COMPLETE!

Amazing AoA pictures. I know Disney is amazing but they really outdid themselves with the theming on that resort. Love it so much. I definitely want to stay in a LM room when we go back but I wish they had regular rooms in all the different sections because I love them all so much but it makes no financial sense to stay in a suite. Great update!

Agreed! Disney really did a great job on this resort. Its perfectly perfect! I wonder why they didn't add some regular rooms in the different sections, the only downfall.

That Rapunzel towel is hysterical!! :lmao:

SO EXCITED about checking out all the Cars at AoA. Paxton is going to FREAK OUT. They look like they were plucked straight out of the movie!!

Paxton will definitely freak out, I freaked out!!! You will also get a lot of great photos!

Before I start I have some exciting news! Yesterday we booked our next trip to Disney!!! The Yolo'ers are taking on Disney again (WARNING: YOLO 2012 Do NOT try this at home! We're Professionals)
We booked a suite at AoA with the help of Alicia's discount (we went in random so we aren't sure which section we will get) and we will be in Disney March 10-14!​
Radiator SpringsPart 2​
Right across the road (walkway) from Ramone is Flo.

Next we back tracked to Luigi’s Casa Della Tires
We weren’t sure what the other ones name was, Andy said Mario but that we all knew was totally wrong. As we walked over to them a little kid shouted out both of their names, Luigi and Guido.

First Guido

then it was luigis turn

Sheriff!
First Leandra ran away from the po-po

Then Andy was caught and handcuffed

And I’m just a good girl

Across the way was Doc

We hit the end of the cars section and moved over to finding nemo! This section has the main pool. So it sort of lacks the amount of movie scene like the other 3 sections have. The nemo section does have a cute playground, but it was closed our entire stay.

IMG_4615-1.jpg

IMG_4616-1.jpg

IMG_4617-1.jpg

Pride Rock​
We swam the east Australian current to pride rock to hang out with simba and friends! Walking through the lion king path the first person you will run into is Rafiki

IMG_4620-1.jpg

IMG_4621-1.jpg

IMG_4619-1.jpg

After Rafiki is pride rock with Mufasa, we did not take a picture with him because he is so high up. Next is the Hakuna Matata scene

IMG_4623-1.jpg

IMG_4624-1.jpg

IMG_4625-1.jpg

Next was the elephant graveyard, which was Andy’s favorite part. He was running through the tunnels the whole time just laughing.

IMG_4636-1.jpg

IMG_4626-1.jpg

IMG_4629-1.jpg

IMG_4633-1.jpg

From the elephant graveyard you can see scar just hanging out on a rock. Leandra booked it over to him saying that she had the best idea, and once she did it we all agreed.

IMG_4638-1.jpg

IMG_4639-1.jpg

IMG_4640-1.jpg

The last Lion King character you will see in this section is Zazu, we all got a little lesson from him….

IMG_4641-1.jpg

IMG_4644-1.jpg

IMG_4645-1.jpg

Under The Sea​
After a walk through the Africa we decided to go back under the sea and visit Ariel. This section is all standard rooms, the only reason why I don’t like this section is that it seems far away from everything. When we were on the bridge in the middle of Pop and AoA the Ariel section is like a loner.

Also during this part of the day I used up all my memory on my camera card. I guess I didn’t look at how much space was left before I went on this trip, since I used it for my two past trips in May and October. So I went through them and erased photos that I didn’t need since they were already on my computer back home.

First was the dinglehopper

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

Across the walk way is a pipe

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

Then there was a treasure chest

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

Prince Eric!!!!

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

Sebastian is located right across from the pool

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

I was running out of memory once again so we decided to end our little photo shoot. We made a game plan on what we wanted to do next. We decided to walk back to the room and pick a place to go to lunch.
The nice thing is that the Little Mermaid Section is a real quick walk back to the 50s section of Pop and we didn’t have to walk back to the bridge! The sidewalk goes all around the hourglass lake.

Yall's photo shoot is just so cute! Leandra was right, her Scar picture was TOO funny. Brilliant.

AND YAY FOR GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN!!! :woohoo:

Yay, another trip booked! I don't know how you feel about it, but it's almost kind of exciting not knowing what theme suite you are going to get! Personally, I love all three movies the suites are themed after, so it would be hard for me to choose. Having Disney choose for me would be so fun!

Great photos of the resort. I just get more and more excited about visiting there since a lot of the TR's I am reading have been posting photos from there. :goodvibes Leandra's photo with Scar is perfection! :worship: I love it!

Awesome photo shoot! Your friend definitely had a good idea for a shot with Scar.

How exciting to have another trip booked and so soon! Is that only when you book with a CM discount that you can sign up for a random suite? That's kinda fun to not know what you'll get til you get there!

Last December, I saw a lot of AoA when my husband went over to explore when I was sick back at our room in Pop. I got to see a lot of the icons as he tried to shoot them artistically and even brought his tripod with him at night. I loved seeing all the new things! But I have to say that your photoshoot with all the poses was EXTREMELY entertaining! Those will be great pictures to save and display :)

BTW I just followed you on Instagram yesterday. I'm @loveandsushi there.

Yall's photo shoot is just so cute! Leandra was right, her Scar picture was TOO funny. Brilliant.

AND YAY FOR GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN!!! :woohoo:

I wish I was as smart as her sometimes!

I'm so excited! Planning Disney trips is like my favorite thing to do!​

Yay, another trip booked! I don't know how you feel about it, but it's almost kind of exciting not knowing what theme suite you are going to get! Personally, I love all three movies the suites are themed after, so it would be hard for me to choose. Having Disney choose for me would be so fun!

Great photos of the resort. I just get more and more excited about visiting there since a lot of the TR's I am reading have been posting photos from there. :goodvibes Leandra's photo with Scar is perfection! :worship: I love it!

I was all for going in random! I think it will be a fun surprise! We were torn mostly between cars and nemo. So I'm hoping for one of those 2 but we shall see!​

Awesome photo shoot! Your friend definitely had a good idea for a shot with Scar.

How exciting to have another trip booked and so soon! Is that only when you book with a CM discount that you can sign up for a random suite? That's kinda fun to not know what you'll get til you get there!

She was such a good thinker!
I'm thankful that my sister is a CM (and all her discounts) that is the only reason I keep going. Normally I go once every 2 years so I am definitely thankful that I can take these trips.
I'm not sure actually, we went on the CM website and it listed lion king suite, cars suite, and family themed suite which included nemo, lion king and cars. So we chose that one.​

Last December, I saw a lot of AoA when my husband went over to explore when I was sick back at our room in Pop. I got to see a lot of the icons as he tried to shoot them artistically and even brought his tripod with him at night. I loved seeing all the new things! But I have to say that your photoshoot with all the poses was EXTREMELY entertaining! Those will be great pictures to save and display :)

BTW I just followed you on Instagram yesterday. I'm @loveandsushi there.

Oh no getting sick in disney must not be fun. Its nice that your husband went and took photos though!
Alicia told me that it was you! She said that you've been reading her trip reports and follow each other on instagram and twitter.​

Another Lazy Day

We arrived back to the 50’s section of Pop, which we never really looked around since we were in the first building on the outside.

IMG_1180.jpg

This area was really cute, I wish I swam in the bowling pin pool.

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Since we were back in the 50s we went back to our room and grabbed our mugs, off to lunch we go. We decided not to adventure out to another resort and just stay at Pop.
When we got to the food court I was once again lost and didn’t know what to get. Leandra and Andy knew that they were getting the sandwich, I decided to go with the nacho supreme. The CM was waiting for cheese so it took a little longer but we didn’t really have anything planned for the afternoon so it was ok.

2 Turkey Ciabatta

IMG_1184.jpg

1 Nacho Supreme

IMG_1183.jpg

Leandra told me how there was a guy in line behind her taking pictures of the food, he apologized too her and she said “oh no worries my friend is doing the same exact thing!” I’m sorry I like talking food pics!!

I was so ashamed, I barely made a dent, I let myself down. After we all “finished” our meal we decided to get some sort of ice cream for dessert. Leandra and I went with the ice cream sundaes and Andy got a chocolate milkshake.

Leandra got chocolate ice cream, she ate all of hers

IMG_1191.jpg

I got the vanilla, and I made sure I finished all the whipped cream and fudge :rotfl:

IMG_1190.jpg

Andy just enjoying his chocolate milkshake

IMG_1189.jpg

As we were finishing up I noticed over in corner there were about a hundred yellow water bottles, that’s when I saw a big tour group coming into the food court. That’s when we decided to leave. See ya!

We quickly filled up our mugs and went to the pool. We noticed that all the chairs were wet, so we back tracked to our room and put on our suits and grabbed some towels. We arrived back to our 3 lounge chairs and hoped to check some rays.

IMG_1197.jpg

We ended up all falling asleep, after maybe an hour it was getting really warm. So I decided it would be a good idea to swim. When I sat up I saw this precious thing.

IMG_1195.jpg

BABY!!! I love babies. Leandra on the other hand was freaking out! She was so worried and asked if the baby was moving. Um no it’s sleeping. She was just worried that the mother wasn’t paying any attention to it. Don’t worry she was!

So anyways we woke up Andy and told him that we were going to go swimming. The pool was chilly, more because it was so warm out. Once you actually got in it wasn’t back at all. About 10 minutes later the weirdest thing happened. There was one random dark cloud, which made it sprinkle just a little over half the pool. The other half was sunny. I wish I could have taken a picture.

We got out around 4 and laid in the sun till 4:30.

IMG_1193-1.jpg

Then we went back to the room to get ready for the night ahead of us! We got changed, grabbed a drink and bags, and headed to the bus stop. The topic on our walk was Dawson Creek, I actually never saw it, Andy watched reruns and Leandra’s Mother wouldn’t allow her to watch it.

When we arrived at the bus stop we went our separate ways, Leandra and I got in the MK line while Andy got in the Epcot line.

I always have to look at a menu online before heading to a restaurant or food court or I'd be so confounded! I thought it'd be easy to decide at the Pop food court because it was broken up into the different areas, but it actually made it harder! I had to go around and look at all the descriptions and pictures. The plus side is that they do have a ton of options! I had the beef and bleu sandwich with the homemade chips twice during my last trip, and I don't even like roast beef! Those chips are awesome too. Very crunchy and substantial.

Food pictures are a requirement at Disney! They're awesome even when not in Disney, haha, but how can you have a TR without food pics?!?

Our room was in the building to the left of the giant jukebox at POP!

How weird about the rain storm over half the pool! I guess that's Florida weather for you :rotfl2:

I think you must be talking about the same tour group we ran into at the end of our Pop stay. Good call on leaving the food court when they got there!

I always have to look at a menu online before heading to a restaurant or food court or I'd be so confounded! I thought it'd be easy to decide at the Pop food court because it was broken up into the different areas, but it actually made it harder! I had to go around and look at all the descriptions and pictures. The plus side is that they do have a ton of options! I had the beef and bleu sandwich with the homemade chips twice during my last trip, and I don't even like roast beef! Those chips are awesome too. Very crunchy and substantial.

Food pictures are a requirement at Disney! They're awesome even when not in Disney, haha, but how can you have a TR without food pics?!?

I actually looked at a menu for the pop and I wanted the lo mien but they got rid of it I think...:confused3
Thankfully there were so many choices that I could always find something else I wanted. You can't have a trip report with out food pics!!! It just comes to naturally to take pictures of my food now.​

Our room was in the building to the left of the giant jukebox at POP!

How weird about the rain storm over half the pool! I guess that's Florida weather for you :rotfl2:

I think you must be talking about the same tour group we ran into at the end of our Pop stay. Good call on leaving the food court when they got there!

We were so close!!!!
I go the other way every time I see a tour group, ain't nobody got time for that :rotfl:

Getting Lost In Disney...
Andy got in the Epcot line because he was going to wait for Alicia to get out of work and then meet us over at Fort Wilderness. So we waited for our bus and both came at the same time, only we got stuck with a scooter and a person not being able to drive it up the bus ramp.

Our bus ride over to the MK was quite entertaining, the bus driver was messing with the bus spiel, a few I remember was

“Please watch your language we have a princess on board”
“Please watch your language we have a pirate on board”
then one said how Magic Kingdom was closed and sorry for any inconvenience

The dad behind us asked if the park was really closed :rotfl:
Nope just the bus driving trying to be funny. After that we started talking to the people sitting across from us, they first said happy birthday to Leandra and asked if this was her first time celebrating her birthday in Disney. The lady then told us how last year was their first time ever to Disney and she came for her birthday and loved it! They were really nice and the kids seemed to be really happy about being at Disney again.

“What your head and step as you disembark…”

We made our way over to the boat docks and caught the fort wilderness boat just in time.
Why hello there Gflo it has been awhile!

IMG_1198.jpg

We soon passed the sad River Country…Ma always tells me how Pa lost a diamond from his wedding ring there.

IMG_1200.jpg

Soon we were arriving to the first resort I ever stayed at on Disney property.

IMG_1202.jpg

We were early so we decided to look around the gift shop. I ended up finding a sweater that I really liked, I just was not a fan of the price. Sadly I didn’t get it.

IMG_1212.jpg

After browsing we started our trek over to the buses, passed a long line of people waiting for Hoop Dee Doo, please let me go with you! I love it there, it’s a family tradition even before I was born.

Now it was time to figure out where we needed to go, all I remember from May was that we crossed over a long bridge to the pool. I asked the bus driver and he told me to wait for an orange bus. So we sat and waited, and waited. It was getting dark and soon an orange bus came. We got on and went for an adventure….

Lets just say we ended up getting lost, we didn’t know when to get off and the bus driver didn’t stop long at each stop. That’s when I saw the general store and the pool behind it….yep we were suppose to get off there. I was so confused and disoriented because in May we were dropped off on the other side of the store.

We ended up getting off at some random cabin loop. We looked at the map and back tracked to the store. At this point I thought we wouldn’t be making it so I texted Alicia saying we were lost in fort wilderness. They just arrived and were getting on an Orange bus.

We ended up finding out way to the store and things were looking familiar. Like I said before last time we had to walk through the pool area. I saw the pool and saw the campfire song….we made it!!!

IMG_1203.jpg

We made it before Alicia and Andy, we grabbed a bench and watched too little girls run right into each other. The one reminded me so much of honey boo boo she got up, looked at me and said “We’s were both runnin” I just looked at the girl like “she is not my child” That’s when the mother came up and yelled at the girl to say sorry to her daughter.

Later on the same mom let her child go up and play on the stage, which happened to be roped off for a reason…

IMG_1205.jpg

I got a call from Alicia, they were lost :rotfl: join the club!
They walked through the store but turned towards the pool and didn’t know where to go, I told them to turn around and go straight. They found the sign and soon we saw them.

Time to make some Smores!

IMG_1206.jpg

Chip and Dale came out and it was time to party! This time around we only got to meet dale which was ok.

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

They were getting ready to start Cars, at that time we left. We planned on going to the Poly to watch wishes and get myself a dole whip but change of plans!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe none of you watched Dawson's Creek! (Says the girl who owns every season on DVD...). I think my eyes bugged out a little when I read that sentence. :rotfl:

I was thinking of maybe doing the campfire sing along with Paxton when we go. It seems like something he would have fun doing. I really don't want to think about getting lost at Fort Wilderness though, that place seems so huge and spread out!!

Just saw your TR, and I'm joining in! I follow Alicia on Twitter and have read some of her TRs, so I'm excited to read one of yours as well!

Oh no! Getting all turned around with that is the worst. I'm quite the expert at it :rotfl:

The Campfire looks totally cute! I'll have to add that to my list of things to do on a future trip! That list is growing and growing so long :rotfl2:

Count me in!!

Welcome along on this journey and thank you so much for joining along!!! :wave2:

Oh my gosh, I can't believe none of you watched Dawson's Creek! (Says the girl who owns every season on DVD...). I think my eyes bugged out a little when I read that sentence. :rotfl:

I was thinking of maybe doing the campfire sing along with Paxton when we go. It seems like something he would have fun doing. I really don't want to think about getting lost at Fort Wilderness though, that place seems so huge and spread out!!

I have never seen it nor do I know what it is about. Maybe I should look for it online or something.
The campfire has become one of my favorite things to do! Its also a nice place to get a picture with chip and dale. Its very entertaining, you sing, you dance and you just have a grand old time! I think Paxton would LOVE it! The thing I learned was take the orange bus and get off at the FIRST stop! You wont get lost then.​

Just saw your TR, and I'm joining in! I follow Alicia on Twitter and have read some of her TRs, so I'm excited to read one of yours as well!

Welcome!! :hug: Thanks for joining along! I'm glad to have you!​

Oh no! Getting all turned around with that is the worst. I'm quite the expert at it :rotfl:

The Campfire looks totally cute! I'll have to add that to my list of things to do on a future trip! That list is growing and growing so long :rotfl2:

YES! You must try the campfire at least once! Its such a fun time and a perfect thing to do when you have a free night at Disney (which is very limited! Gotta stay at those parks all night! :rotfl:)​

A Feast For Fatties​

Instead of going to the Polynesian we decided to get some dinner at the take out of trails end. How did this even come up? Well Alicia and Andy went to the restrooms at the campfire and saw the menu hanging up. PERFECT! We didn’t have dinner yet tonight.

Next came the lovely part of what bus to get on…NOT AGAIN!
We decided walking back to Pioneer Hall. This is when Alicia and I got into an argument about which way it is. I was of course correct because I walked to the campfire so I knew my directions now!

Lets just take a moment to talk about how perfect this is! In a lot of different loops around the resort the guests had all their Christmas lights up. It was magical

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

We finally made it to the front and went to trails end to order some food. As we were ordering I could hear hoop dee doo, there was only a sliding door keeping us apart. We were given a buzzer that would let us know when our food was ready. As we were waiting we decided to play some checkers because we could, then we heard wishes going off.

Soon it was time for food!!! YESSS!!! I waited outside at a picnic table with everyone’s stuff. Then our huge feast came out, really it was a feast! Before we started I ran back inside to fill up my cup. Andy took the rest of the cherry coke, I was a little mad. But then I got sweet tea and everything was all right. But then my night got better and the sliding door opened and I saw like 5 seconds of hoop dee doo. :rotfl:

Now time for some food pics! (WARNING: WE ARE FATTIES!)

Andy got some chicken wings
IMG_4669.jpg

Alicia got some nachos

IMG_4667.jpg

I got the chicken dinner which I split with Leandra (2 pieces of chicken, 2 sides which we got mac and cheese & French fries, and 2 pieces of corn bread) That was all for 1 quick service credits!

IMG_4668.jpg

And because Alicia wasn’t using her food credits for lunch she decided to order a pizza for 2 credits. Pizza party at the room later that night!!! (Told you we are fatties)

IMG_4673.jpg

I didn't get any dessert pictures but 3 of us got the apple cobbler and I have to clue what Alicia got.

Overall it was sooo much food and it was very filling. After we ate as much as we could we grabbed the pizza and walked to the store. Leandra had a headache and wanted to get some advil.

WARNING: Story where I think it was funny but it’s actually one of those had to be there to laugh about it…

Alicia purchased the advil with her discount, now near the cashier there is a thing of rock eggs. Andy found an interest with them and started picking them up, me being me (in a mothers tone) told him to put them down. He responded with “but I washed my hands” :rotfl:

We all burst out laughing and the CM who was cashing them out was trying really hard not to laugh. I don’t even know why he said something like that, but he did.

We headed back to the boat dock, we offered a slice of pizza to the CMs but they declined, more for us. On our way back to the MK Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride was playing, this is when we planned the next YOLO trip. On our way back we noticed that Disney lights up River Country at night…how sad!

Shortly we were arriving to the Magic Kingdom, it was a nightmare! The park was closing so the bus lines were crazy! We kept ourselves entertained and talked about les mis (which we are all major musical nerds) then we started talking about the hunger games. Then Alicia told me how I needed to see this peter pan that looks like Peeta, PEETA PAN?! Yes please!

Soon we got on a bus, the bad thing is we had to stand. The ride from MK to Pop seemed like the longest bus ride ever. During this time Leandra started to make a plan as to how to fix her suitcase for the flight home. Her plan was to ask the front desk for packing tape and use the pizza cardboard box.

Will it work? Who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts