Acca-Believe it…. You’re in Disney! Jan 2013 UPDATED 3/24 COMPLETE!

The food at Wolfgang looks amazing! I'm getting hungry looking at it :rotfl:

Shopping at DTD is definitely a wonderful time. A CM discount must be even more dangerous! I'd probably spend the same amount and just end up with double the stuff:rotfl:

I have never been to Wolfgang Puck Express but I've only heard WONDERFUL things. Everything looks so good!

Gotta love CM discounts. :thumbsup2

Sorry I'm late :drive: Didn't realize that you started your second trip report :goodvibes Well I'm hear and all caught up :thumbsup2 I am so sorry to hear about Leandra's suitcase getting destroyed by Jet Blue :furious: I would of been so mad.
I agree only having to use 1 Quick Service for Wolfgang Puck Express is the best. I go there at least one time each visit :cool1:
Loving the pictures and the TR. Can't wait to read more :surfweb:

Welcome, I'm glad you found it :hug:
We were all frustrated with the luggage situation, Leandra just seemed to get the worst of it. WPE is so good, I don't know why I don't go there every trip.​

The food at Wolfgang looks amazing! I'm getting hungry looking at it :rotfl:

Shopping at DTD is definitely a wonderful time. A CM discount must be even more dangerous! I'd probably spend the same amount and just end up with double the stuff:rotfl:

I tried so hard not to spend all my money. It's a good thing I set aside money for the merchandise I know I wanted.​

I have never been to Wolfgang Puck Express but I've only heard WONDERFUL things. Everything looks so good!

Gotta love CM discounts. :thumbsup2

You need to try it! It is so so so good. They also have a wide variety of food which is really nice although I always get the alfredo :rotfl: maybe one day I will try something else.​

We have never eaten at WPE, but it looks really good! We usually end up sucked in at EoS every time we eat at DTD. :rotfl: The chicken alfredo looks really delicious, as does that pizza!

Really, what is it about WoD that it is always so hard to move around?! :confused3 I think that the problem is even though it is a huge space, they have SO MUCH STUFF crammed into every inch of walking space. If you think it is hard moving through there, try doing it with a stroller. :faint: I get anxiety every time we go shopping in there now!!!

That Rex pillow pet is super adorable!

The pics of Alicia in the Pluto hat...so cute! How funny and appropriate that Pluto is winking as well. ;) She must have a blast!!

Hahah! Well if you want to live your dream like you sis, you should totally audition!! It’s probably the most fun experience I’ve ever done!!

Oh my goodness AoA is absolutely beautiful, I keep wishing it was cheaper to stay in one of the family suites, like, it’s as expensive as the deluxe resorts, I just wanna stay in a Lion King room!! Bahah!

I have the same experience at the Pop food court, I walk back and fourth like, times before ordering something! Lawl. I love that the pools are heated! Yay!

Aw man, this is why I never have the ME take my luggage, I will ALWAYS take my own from the baggage claim to the hotel, I just don’t like that extra place where it can get lost, I mean, I trust Disney, but still. Seriously?!? WOOOW that suuucks about the luggage, and the fact that it took that long into the next day, like, that’s SO NOT COOL. I would be livid! Like, I can’t start my vacation knowing my luggage isn’t there, that’s so not cool, and they could only give you fast passes? That seems kinda cheap.

Now see, when we stayed at AoA, the big pool is gated, but we never needed our room keys to get in there, but other people did, hmm…I don’t know how that happened that week…. I love the food at AoA, it has sucha different flair to it! Yay! I think I may know the CM you’re talking about, he was amazing and was always there to help us out when we were there, pretty sure his name was Peter, and he was awesome!! I think the CM’s looking at the floor were dealing with the same problem as the lobby, they had little squares of different floor tiles placed randomly because the material they used originally wasn’t coming clean enough, and it was very apparent when it was dirty, so they were looking to replace it!

I’m glad that the luggage could probably be compensated by the airline, I’ve never seen anything like that, well, one of the wheels on mine is all screwed up, but I know how they treat luggage on airlines, and I fly with it A LOT, so I’m not too concerned. That certainly is some damage there!

Oh my god those shoes are ADORABLE!! I LOVE THEM!! At least you guys got a nice relaxing way to start the vacation! I really do love WPE, the pesto pizza is by far one of my favorite things to eat!

WHAT?! REX PILLOW PET?!?1 I need that in my life…DTD is always a fun time, there’s so much to look at, and so much to buy, I cant make it through TrenD without buying all of the things!!

Great Trip report so far! I love staying at POP. It's theme is so fun and exciting! :)

Thank you very much!
It was my first time staying at Pop, I loved every minute of it! The huge decor and colors gives it such a fun feel to it.​

We have never eaten at WPE, but it looks really good! We usually end up sucked in at EoS every time we eat at DTD. :rotfl: The chicken alfredo looks really delicious, as does that pizza!

Really, what is it about WoD that it is always so hard to move around?! :confused3 I think that the problem is even though it is a huge space, they have SO MUCH STUFF crammed into every inch of walking space. If you think it is hard moving through there, try doing it with a stroller. :faint: I get anxiety every time we go shopping in there now!!!

That Rex pillow pet is super adorable!

The pics of Alicia in the Pluto hat...so cute! How funny and appropriate that Pluto is winking as well. ;) She must have a blast!!

I have the same problem. This was my second time eating at WPE because EoS is always easier. But you must try WPE one time, it is so good!

Disney really needs to make some walking space in world of disney. As much as I love all the merchandise I would really love not having random being bumping into me 24/7. Strollers sound like such a pain in the butt! If it were me I would be running over every one with my stroller.

Alicia is pretty much living the life right now. And she just posted a picture of her new "friend" who paints with all the colors of the wind. Where can I sign up for a life like that?​

Hahah! Well if you want to live your dream like you sis, you should totally audition!! It’s probably the most fun experience I’ve ever done!!

Oh my goodness AoA is absolutely beautiful, I keep wishing it was cheaper to stay in one of the family suites, like, it’s as expensive as the deluxe resorts, I just wanna stay in a Lion King room!! Bahah!

I have the same experience at the Pop food court, I walk back and fourth like, times before ordering something! Lawl. I love that the pools are heated! Yay!

Aw man, this is why I never have the ME take my luggage, I will ALWAYS take my own from the baggage claim to the hotel, I just don’t like that extra place where it can get lost, I mean, I trust Disney, but still. Seriously?!? WOOOW that suuucks about the luggage, and the fact that it took that long into the next day, like, that’s SO NOT COOL. I would be livid! Like, I can’t start my vacation knowing my luggage isn’t there, that’s so not cool, and they could only give you fast passes? That seems kinda cheap.

Now see, when we stayed at AoA, the big pool is gated, but we never needed our room keys to get in there, but other people did, hmm…I don’t know how that happened that week…. I love the food at AoA, it has sucha different flair to it! Yay! I think I may know the CM you’re talking about, he was amazing and was always there to help us out when we were there, pretty sure his name was Peter, and he was awesome!! I think the CM’s looking at the floor were dealing with the same problem as the lobby, they had little squares of different floor tiles placed randomly because the material they used originally wasn’t coming clean enough, and it was very apparent when it was dirty, so they were looking to replace it!

I’m glad that the luggage could probably be compensated by the airline, I’ve never seen anything like that, well, one of the wheels on mine is all screwed up, but I know how they treat luggage on airlines, and I fly with it A LOT, so I’m not too concerned. That certainly is some damage there!

Oh my god those shoes are ADORABLE!! I LOVE THEM!! At least you guys got a nice relaxing way to start the vacation! I really do love WPE, the pesto pizza is by far one of my favorite things to eat!

WHAT?! REX PILLOW PET?!?1 I need that in my life…DTD is always a fun time, there’s so much to look at, and so much to buy, I cant make it through TrenD without buying all of the things!!

I've been counting down the days! I was actually going to apply for this past fall dcp but my school told me that I should wait to graduate unless I wanted to graduate a year and a half late, no thanks. So I am hoping to apply for Fall 2014.

I totally agree! I mean I understand that they are suites but they are also considered value. something just doesn't add up.

Any disney food court I always have a problem. There are just to many decisions to choose from and I'm a person who can't make a decision to save their life! Heated pools are a beautiful thing :rotfl:

I feel like with the whole luggage situation that it would have still been a problem with the whole damaged part. So anyway we still would have been waiting. But yes I was so crabby!!! I thought I was going to go crazy in the room.

I mean it makes sense that it is gated, but then we noticed that the main gate was wide open so I don't really know what to think about the gate? I wish I would have looked at his name tag. If it was the same guy I would agree completely that he was WONDERFUL! he made my time at AoA more magical. Thank you for that information about the floor. Thats what I was thinking since they were all touching/scrubbing the floor with their fingers.

Thank you thank you thank you! It took me some time to paint them because I was so worried about how they would end up. But I'm glad the way they turned out.

I love browsing through the shops at DTD!

Long But Fun Night​

Once we all found each other and purchased our merchandise we made our way over to the west side. Let me tell you this night was DTD night for everyone! Like seriously it was so packed. While we were over in the Pleasure Island area we went into the shop that sells TOM shoes.

Alicia had her eyes set on a pair, sadly they didn’t have them in her size. She said that she got a discount in that store also so I was on the hunt for a pair in my size. I mean cheaper toms? Who could go wrong there! And I have so many Disney designs to paint on shoes. But again none in my size for plain colors…

So we left that shop and walked and walked and walked. Near the character in flight balloon there was a little babies dance party. It was so cute! From there we walked to the very end and checked out Splitsville. When we were watching people bowl we were deciding if we wanted to go their tomorrow night but we opted to stay with our original plan. Then we went into candy cauldron but I waited to get something. After that we headed back to the market place.

Young Love!!!! :hug:

We made a quick stop with the statue lady, but she seemed to be sleeping….

Next stop we went to try on some tiaras!!

looking real good :rotfl:

We left Alicia and Andy in that store because Alicia decided to purchase a genie lamp necklace. During this time me and Leandra started heading towards the bus stop where I stopped to grab some park maps because lately I enjoy making things out of them. That’s when a CM came up to me, I thought I was getting busted….but then she told me how much she loved my Toms. :lmao:

After that awkward moment we met up with Alicia and Andy and went to Goofys to get us a snack. I got a cake pop while Alicia and Andy got the valentine heart sugar cookies. Once we made our purchase we headed to the bus stop. An AoA bus was just getting ready to leave so we decided to hop on it since there was no Pop century bus in sight.

This was Alicia’s first time at AoA and she seemed to really enjoy the Nemo section. Once we got back to the room Leandra and I decided to go swimming!

My “brother” got me a rapunzel hoodied towel for Christmas, by brother I mean my mother purchased it and put my brothers name on it. I love it but it’s more for a child :rotfl:

Night Swimming in January?! This was definitely something I thought was out of the question. Thank goodness for heated pools! We were so excited!

We ended up swimming for maybe a good half hour? It was nice and warm though so it was very nice. There was a bunch of rowdy teenagers which were throwing there football all over the pool and tackling each other. So we called it a night with swimming.

On our way back I was tweeting a friend from high school which Leandra (the creeper she is) gets both our tweets sent to her phone. So with all that we ended up getting into a HUGE vent sesh, its what girls do best! So we ended up hanging outside our room talking for a good 45 minutes about everything from our old friends from high school, college, our future, how crazy the Disney Company is and the history, series of unfortunate events (I don’t know how this one happened?) and then how Leandra chose some pretty bad friends back in the day that I was weary about. After such a long talk I was exhausted and called it a night. Leandra stayed outside and called Burke for a while.

What does tomorrow have in store for us?

The Rapunzel towel is adorable!

My mother still does that with gifts from/to us :lmao:

I love that you paint Disney Toms? Do you have an etsy store? You totally should. Although I can see how that would be time consuming..

Night swimming in January is definitely an amazing feeling!

Can't wait to see what's next in your adventure.

Oh my! I just had an Ah-ha moment!!!

I just realized by looking at your other trip report that the Alicia you are talking about I just started following on Instagram and that she is your sister!

Wow I didn't know that!

I didn't even know you had another trip report up! I will have to get reading.

I am enjoying your sis's character pics! She looks awesome!

The Rapunzel towel is adorable!

My mother still does that with gifts from/to us :lmao:

I love that you paint Disney Toms? Do you have an etsy store? You totally should. Although I can see how that would be time consuming..

Night swimming in January is definitely an amazing feeling!

Can't wait to see what's next in your adventure.

Thank you! I love it even though it isn't much of a towel.
I've looked into etsy but you pay per object you post on there and then give them percentage of the earnings. So I've put some of my designs onto the tumblr world because my parents keep telling me I should paint them for people. I have one person right now interested right here on the disboards so I'm working with them to get everything situated.

I was not expecting the weather to be so nice in january!! From pictures of friends and here on the disboards who went dec/jan wearing north faces I was assuming chilly nights. This was not really the case.​

Oh my! I just had an Ah-ha moment!!!

I just realized by looking at your other trip report that the Alicia you are talking about I just started following on Instagram and that she is your sister!

Wow I didn't know that!

I didn't even know you had another trip report up! I will have to get reading.

I am enjoying your sis's character pics! She looks awesome!

haha yep Alish would be my sister :goodvibes
Tell me about it, my mother always comments about how much she is Jasmine how my other sister could be pocahontas. Then when I asked her who I could be she told me a pooper scooper!:lmao:

Exploring Pop Century
Around 1 am Alicia jumped out of bed because she thought she was going to be late for work. The reason for this is that the alarm clock was unplugged so we could charge our phones. Sorry girl, go back to sleep! :rotfl:

Alicia was the first one up because the dcp bus would be leaving the Pop at 6:30am. There was a later one that she could have taken but she wanted to go back to her apartment complex to meet a friend so they could go to work together because she wasn’t quite sure where to go. Andy woke up also and walked her down to the bus stop, how sweet

This was our planned day off so I slept in till 10 this morning. I showered and got ready for the day. Leandra woke up next showered got ready then Andy did the same. By 11:30 we were out of the room ready to explore Pop Century!

we decided to check out the 70s, 80s, and 90s sections.
Silly people you can’t actually go in there!

Andy couldn’t handle all the décor here!

And soon it came to the part of the day where I tell them to go pose with the oversized objects.

Now if this was in front of my door I would probably be playing at least one round each night :rotfl:

Mr & Mrs. Potato head!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!

It looks like Leandra is admiring her big earring.

Photopass photography skills right here!

After the 70s, we made our way to the 80s/90s. I feel like this section is really alone and by itself. It really isn’t thought. Maybe it was for the lack of people around the area.

we all enjoyed the big keyboard, maybe a little to much. Leandra enjoyed running around typing out her name.

A IS FOR ANDY

L IS FOR LEANDRA

S IS FOR SAM

(I mermaid dance :rotfl:) Also this smushy keyboard was wet, so I received a night wet side.

The lifeguard here must be bored, there was only 2 people swimming. It must be lonely…

Animal Kingdom opened today!!!

When we first arrived the first night we all agreed that the best staircases were the rubic cubes. From the balcony outside our door we could see them in the distance all lit up.

We walked the whole resort in no time at all. Our next plan was to go exploring at AoA. This was when I fell totally in love with AoA, it’s the perfect resort ever.​

I've only stayed at the All Stars as far as value resorts, so I love seeing pictures of Pop and AoA because I've never seen them in person! They're both so cute! Hahha I think I would have had too much fun with the keyboard too. I like your mermaid pose. :laughing:

Love the Pop pictures! We didn't even get over to explore the 80s and 90s sections when we were there because they always seemed too far away lol

Ah! I had fallen behind, but I'm all caught up now! Funny thing, I actually found your sisters DCP TR today, small Disboards world! Lol. Looks like another great morning in Pop land , I really do want to explore a little more there and take some awesome photos like you guys did, guess we'll see if it's light out at all when we're not at the parks in a few weeks, lol

I've only stayed at the All Stars as far as value resorts, so I love seeing pictures of Pop and AoA because I've never seen them in person! They're both so cute! Hahha I think I would have had too much fun with the keyboard too. I like your mermaid pose. :laughing:

I'm glad I got to walk around Pop since normally I don't have time because I like to spend all my time in the parks. Oh that keyboard, the little things that can make a person happy :rotfl:

Love the Pop pictures! We didn't even get over to explore the 80s and 90s sections when we were there because they always seemed too far away lol

80s and 90s were far away!!! Like it seemed so excluded from the rest of the resort.​

Ah! I had fallen behind, but I'm all caught up now! Funny thing, I actually found your sisters DCP TR today, small Disboards world! Lol. Looks like another great morning in Pop land , I really do want to explore a little more there and take some awesome photos like you guys did, guess we'll see if it's light out at all when we're not at the parks in a few weeks, lol

What a small small world!!! :rotfl: I'm glad you found her! Yessss you need to explore Pop! Its always fun to do a little photo shoot.​

Welcome to radiator springs!​

The next couple updates will be more just photos, and a lot of photos! We had too much fun with our little photo shoot at AoA. Off to Radiator Springs we go!

The bumper stickers on the back where perfect, the little disney details.
The next section was lightning mcqueen and Sally!

Pit Stop

We decide to check out the inside of the resort and to grab some AC. The rug when you walk in is PERFECT!

Sarge time!
This was the start of trying to do different poses with the statues.

After our photo op with Sarge we walked past the pool, I just want to sit under a cone! I couldn’t handle the perfectness of this section and we weren’t even halfway through it!!!!

Oh Hey Ramone!

What kind of pose is that andy?

Amazing AoA pictures. I know Disney is amazing but they really outdid themselves with the theming on that resort. Love it so much. I definitely want to stay in a LM room when we go back but I wish they had regular rooms in all the different sections because I love them all so much but it makes no financial sense to stay in a suite. Great update!

That Rapunzel towel is hysterical!! :lmao:

SO EXCITED about checking out all the Cars at AoA. Paxton is going to FREAK OUT. They look like they were plucked straight out of the movie!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter