Acca-Believe it…. You’re in Disney! Jan 2013 UPDATED 3/24 COMPLETE!

Free at Last!​

We finally decided to adventure outside our room, crazy I know! Leandra was ok without having her luggage because she packed an extra pair of clothes and a swim suit. Why is she so smart?! We all got changed and ready for the day.

We came to a mutual decision of going to AoA for lunch since we already tried Pop’s quick service. I wasn’t expecting AoA to be so close to Pop, but when I thought about it, it made sense since the AoA buildings were suppose to be the early 90’s of Pop Century but after 9/11 Disney held off finishing off the resort since there was a low tourist rate. The strange thing is probably that they just left the old buildings up not completed yet everyone who stayed at Pop would definitely be able to see these buildings.

We walked through the 60s off to the bridge that connects Pop and AoA

The main area at AoA is Nemo, I was sad that the playground was closed (it was closed everyday we were there) Also to make sure there is no pool hopping only AoA resorts are allowed in the pool area which is gated off. You need your room key to enter.

Soon we entered the main building and I had a little freak out, it is perfect in there! Now lets go get us some food! Decisions, decisions we all finally picked what we wanted. Andy had to wait till his fish cooked so he told us to go find a seat.

The CM who cashed us out was perfect! He called us princesses and asked us if we were going to a park today. We told him no and that it was a lazy stay at the resort day. He told us that everyone needs those on a Disney trip (to bad it was our first day here!) Then we asked him if we could come back for our gelato, he said that would be no problem and brought up a cars reference when mater ate the Wasabi thinking it was pistachio ice cream. Then our receipt he put pistachio gelato as our dessert

We got a table in what I like to call the circle of life room.

Now for some FOOD PICS!

I got some Disney pizza with a Caesar side salad, an ice tea for later and filled my mug with some coke. Of course the pizza was good, it’s disney pizza!

Leandra got the stir fry with rice & squash, peach white tea and coke. I had some of the squash, it was different.

I didn’t get a photo of Andy’s. He got fish with the same sides as Leandra, a bottle of pop. They both were talking about how different the rice tasted. I decided to try some and it reminded me of the rice they have at my work :rotfl:

While we were eating our lunch a huge group of cast members came in and started inspecting the floor of the room we were sitting in. It was definitely a sight to see. I wish I knew what they were doing.

After we finished our lunch it was time to get our dessert. I was planning on getting the gelato but the smoothies were looking real good. Since I couldn’t make up my mind Leandra went first. She went with the traditional chocolate gelato

I finally decided on getting some raspberry gelato, I was happy with my choice

Andy got my second choice, the strawberry banana smoothie. It looked real good!

We took our snacks and went outside by the pool. They had the main gate to the pool open so we were allowed to sit in there and enjoy the atmosphere.

Once we finished we headed back to pop, we walked through the walk way between nemo and cars. With the first look into the cars section I fell in love. That would probably be my first choice room I would want to stay in.

When we arrived back to our room there was a surprise waiting for us!​

So I just watched Pitch Perfect last night. I think I understand your title, right???;)

Haha

Oh just read the luggage story!! I would be P'Oed if all they could do was give you fastpasses!! They should have given you a gift card or something!!

Actually 6 years ago our luggage never was transferred to our new hotel room and the manager bought us a meal the next day. They should have done that for you guys!!!!

Oh my god. That's a terrible luggage story! Like my worst nightmare come true!:scared1:

How badly was her luggage damaged?!

Fastpasses are nice and all but really that's all they had to offer after all that hassle? I would really think Disney would have something in place. I'm sure this wasn't the first time something went wrong:confused:

It was definitely a situation that I would never want to happen again. Her luggage was cracked in like maybe 4 places and it was funny because hers was a hard shell one.

We had a long talk with the manager about how we were going to to to the park that morning but our plans got ruined. His response was that he was only allowed to give out fastpasses because it was Jetblue not the Disney company.​

So I just watched Pitch Perfect last night. I think I understand your title, right???;)

Haha

Oh just read the luggage story!! I would be P'Oed if all they could do was give you fastpasses!! They should have given you a gift card or something!!

Actually 6 years ago our luggage never was transferred to our new hotel room and the manager bought us a meal the next day. They should have done that for you guys!!!!

Yesss!! Pitch Perfect started off our trip & we were singing the songs the entire trip.

We gave the manager our whole sob story about how we were going to go to the park with a CM in the morning but in the afternoon she had to work therefore by the time we got our luggage it would be pointless. He said he couldnt do anything about that and all he could do was give us fastpasses.​

What a rough start to your day but at least you made the most of it!

AoA looks so gorgeous! Your food looked yummy too. I would love to know what those people were all inspecting the floor for :lmao:

Joining in!

What a bummer about the luggage situation! Glad you were able to still make the best of the day though. We are looking forward to checking out AoA on our next trip and eating at the CS there.

What a rough start to your day but at least you made the most of it!

AoA looks so gorgeous! Your food looked yummy too. I would love to know what those people were all inspecting the floor for :lmao:

I just had to get out of that room!
AoA is like the perfect resort! I'm so sad you didn't get a chance to go there. Me too! I wonder if they didn't like the floor tiling, guess we shall see if the floor changes?​

Joining in!

What a bummer about the luggage situation! Glad you were able to still make the best of the day though. We are looking forward to checking out AoA on our next trip and eating at the CS there.

Welcome :wave2:
AoA is wonderful! I feel like I spent more time over there than at pop! There quick service is also amazing, they have a lot to offer.​

So I was reading through TR and say the title that started with "acca" and was like I wonder if that's a reference to pitch perfect which my family was watching the other day and I'll admit it was kind of catchy haha good trip report!

So I was reading through TR and say the title that started with "acca" and was like I wonder if that's a reference to pitch perfect which my family was watching the other day and I'll admit it was kind of catchy haha good trip report!

Nailed it...pitch perfect songs were stuck in our heads the whole trip!
Thank you!:hug:

A Day in The Sun
On the bed was Leandra’s damanged suitcase, and by damaged I mean damaged. We seemed to get a good laugh about it.

At first you look at it and say oh no big just a little crack. But if you look at the top left hand corner you will see that a wheel is missing.

Well at least she finally got her luggage! She also was given the number to call Jetblue about the whole situation where she could either get a new suitcase or a flight voucher.

We had time to kill before Alicia would be back from work so we decided to head to the pool to relax. So we grabbed our refillable mugs and headed to the food court first. But before we did that I made Leandra and Andy pose for a picture.

We decided to check out the resort gift shop. Leandra was on a role with what she wanted to purchase. Her reaction to the prices were funny, she couldn’t believe some of them. Welcome to Disney! After browsing we filled our mugs and came out to the beautiful sunshine!

Now the decision to where to sit. We ended up finding 3 chairs in between 2 pal trees which we claimed to be ours for the remainder of this trip. At this point of the day at Pop they were having their pool party. The game they were starting was know the Disney Lyrics. Instead of playing me and Leandra decided to just sing along with the songs.

At this moment in life every thing was perfect!

Seriously though it was beautiful out!

After awhile we decided to go test the water to see how cold it was. It wasn’t actually that bad. Me and Leandra ended up sitting on the edge of the pool while Andrew slept in the sun.

We sat that for a good amount of time, we watched the kids play games, Leandra kept telling me how happy she was that she was in Disney and I kept questioning what the Lifegaurds were doing. Every so often the lifeguards use the “Disney point” and walk along the pool lining things up. I have no clue what its for? Just to make a count of people in the pool? I personally have no idea

We ended moving after this little girl started jumping in multiple times right near us. It was cute at first until she started getting closer and closer. Peace out!

When we went back to our lounge chairs we noticed a big group of people checking into the resort with matching t-shirts. Oh yay my favorite thing about Disney! They had a person filming everything though, which later on in the trip I believe I was filmed because I ended up getting tangled in the web of people...

Then there was this precious little boy who was determined to catch a squirrel. He followed his every move

It soon got close to 5:30 when Alicia would be getting out of training. So we decided to head back up to the room and get ready for the night. Andy went to refill his and Alicia’s mug, then waited for Alicia to get off her DCP bus. In that time I transferred all the photos I took on my phone to my computer.

Soon Alicia and Andy were back at the room. Alicia got a good laugh about Leandra’s luggage and then told us all about training that day. And once again I wished I had her life….

Then we were off to catch a motor coach!

Oh my gosh, how do you even do that much damage to a suitcase? Drop it from the plane mid flight?! That's crazy, but at least she had her stuff I guess.

Sounds like you had a really relaxing day at the pool. :goodvibes I know I have commented on them before, but your Toy Story Toms are SO CUTE!

Wow that is crazy damage!! I don't understand how that happens.

Love that you spent some time relaxing by the pool! There seems to be so little time for relaxing on Disney vacations:rotfl2:

Are you wearing Toy Story toms?? I'm jealous!

Oh my gosh, how do you even do that much damage to a suitcase? Drop it from the plane mid flight?! That's crazy, but at least she had her stuff I guess.

Sounds like you had a really relaxing day at the pool. :goodvibes I know I have commented on them before, but your Toy Story Toms are SO CUTE!

I have no clue! I wonder what actually caused that.
Thank you so much!​

Wow that is crazy damage!! I don't understand how that happens.

Love that you spent some time relaxing by the pool! There seems to be so little time for relaxing on Disney vacations:rotfl2:

Are you wearing Toy Story toms?? I'm jealous!
Normally when I go to DIsney there is no time for pool time so it was definitely nice.
I am wearing toy story toms! I've sort of started becoming obsessed with painting Disney shoes, I have a total of 3 now. :rotfl:

Normally when I go to DIsney there is no time for pool time so it was definitely nice.
I am wearing toy story toms! I've sort of started becoming obsessed with painting Disney shoes, I have a total of 3 now. :rotfl:

That's so cool! Do you paint them yourself?!

Hi Sam!!! I just wanted to tell you that I recently caught up with BOTH of your trip reports and I love them! They're so much fun! I figured I'd comment over here since the other one is closer to being over (at least I think???) hahah. Can't wait for more! :moped: (<-- He doesn't really have anything to do with... anything... I just like him.)

Hi Sam :wave: I recognized your face from reading your sister's trip reports. So glad you got to take advantage of such cheap flights. I'm enjoying reading along on your adventure. Now it's time to get in the parks. It must be hard being so close and not actually going inside. Great start!

ETA: I had to come back and tell you how much I love the title. I must have watched Pitch Perfect ten times with my kids. Love that movie and and "Acca" is what made me click on your trip report. So glad that I did.

Hi Sam!!! I just wanted to tell you that I recently caught up with BOTH of your trip reports and I love them! They're so much fun! I figured I'd comment over here since the other one is closer to being over (at least I think???) hahah. Can't wait for more! :moped: (<-- He doesn't really have anything to do with... anything... I just like him.)

Hi there :wave:
Thanks for reading I'm really glad you are enjoying them so far. And yes the other one is almost done. It seems like I just started it, but that isn't the case.​

Hi Sam :wave: I recognized your face from reading your sister's trip reports. So glad you got to take advantage of such cheap flights. I'm enjoying reading along on your adventure. Now it's time to get in the parks. It must be hard being so close and not actually going inside. Great start!

ETA: I had to come back and tell you how much I love the title. I must have watched Pitch Perfect ten times with my kids. Love that movie and and "Acca" is what made me click on your trip report. So glad that I did.

Hello there! I'm so happy I could get such cheap flights if that wasn't the case this trip would have not happened. It's definitely different not going to the parks everyday but on the other hand I got to do things that I normally don't have time to do so it was nice.

I LOVE Pitch perfect. I'm actually listening to the soundtrack as we speak :rotfl:

DTD Kind Of Night

After a short bus ride on our motor coach we arrived at DTD and ready to eat! We headed straight to Wolfgang Puck Express, it’s been way to long since I been here. Since we were suppose to eat here last night I was already prepared for what I was going to be ordering.

We ordered, got our drinks and found a table.

soon our delicious food arrived and I was ready to dig in!

I went with the Chicken Alfredo with peas and bacon. Leandra and Andrew followed my lead and got the same.

Don’t let this picture deceive you, there are a LOT of noodles on the plate. The last time I had it I split it with my brother and it filled me up.

Alicia decided to be different and went with one of the pizzas

While taking these pictures Alicia learned a trick from her old roommate who was photopass. She lit up the food by using her flashlight app on her phone…:rotfl:

Wolfgang is sooo good! And if you are on the dining plan it is a really worth the QS credit. I was the fatty who ate all of my alfredo and I don’t regret any of it. Leandra and Andy were getting full about half way… it made me look like a real big fatty. Alicia was doing well on her pizza normally she is the one to eat everything so it made me feel better about myself.

As we were eating the cutest baby was sitting at the table across from us. And then her mother put cheetah mickey mouse ears on her, like she couldn’t get any cuter!

As everyone seemed to slow down on their meal it was time for me to attack my dessert. I got the crème brulee, which being the fatty that I am I ate all of it.

Leandra got the cheesecake, which she seemed to really enjoy.

Andy got a cookie and I want to say Alicia got a brownie? I don’t really remember…

We left to shop till we drop! Only because Alicia had a really good CM discount off of merchandise for the holiday season so how could I not use her for it? Our first stop was Trend-D, which I wanted to buy a lot of the clothing, but never did. After trend-D we went over to Basin. This was a funny moment of the trip. We used their hand scrub but Andy had the funniest reaction to it ever. When he washed his hands he did not enjoy the “slimy” feeling aka how soft his hands were. We all got a good laugh about it. Once our hand scrub moment we were off to venture into the world of disney!

I love this store but HATE the crowds, it’s so big you wouldn’t think it should be so hard to move around. At first we all stuck together and then somewhere we all just seemed to go our separate ways.

I found the most perfect pillow pet….it was rex from toy story! Um yes I LOVE toy story! I didn’t get him because I just got a simba one that I love he is so cozy. And the price that Alicia got it was definitely worth it. Thank you CM Stores!

Leandra and I where looking at tshirts when I saw the Buzz Lightyear hoodies, so I quickly ran over to them picked one up. Now I already have one that I purchased in October, but a girl from my dance studio saw it and wanted to get it for her boyfriend for Christmas, sadly they were all sold out online. So I made it my job to find one for her while I was here.

I texted her right away saying that they had them and with Alicia’s discount it would be cheaper than she had planned. We soon found Alicia and Andy in the hat section were we met up with Alicia’s new “friend”

Sorry I'm late :drive: Didn't realize that you started your second trip report :goodvibes Well I'm hear and all caught up :thumbsup2 I am so sorry to hear about Leandra's suitcase getting destroyed by Jet Blue :furious: I would of been so mad.
I agree only having to use 1 Quick Service for Wolfgang Puck Express is the best. I go there at least one time each visit :cool1:
Loving the pictures and the TR. Can't wait to read more :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter