AC Nielsen Homescan Program

ktkerber

Mouseketeer
I just received an e-mail asking if I would like to join the AC Nielsen Homescan program. Has anyone done this? Can you give me some information and opinions? It really doesn't go into what kind of prizes you get and how long it takes to get prizes. It also doesn't say if the points you get are based on how much you soend.

Thank You,
Kristen :confused3

I just received a similar offer from Shoppers' Hotline a few weeks ago, also. Or rather, my 19 yr old DS received the offer in the mail, and gave it to me as he knows I love doing stuff like this! I called and asked if I could submit it in my name, rather than his, and was told no problem. If I remember correctly, mailing the reply card back does not guarantee you will be chosen to do this - they are searching for people in various areas of the country who fit certain profiles to do this, so I think the sooner you reply, the better chance you have of being the person in your area to be chosen.

My offer just said they would send the "Scankey" if you are selected to participate , and everytime you purchased any item, you were to scan the bar code with this. You then place the Scankey in it's base, and the equipment transmits your purchase info automatically once a week via toll free 1-800 number. It said you would receive points which could then be redeemed for gift certificates....no other info re: points than this, and also that you would be entered in monthly & quarterly cash drawings.

This must be something new with the various companies. Anyone else with experience with either of these companies?

Were in Canada but my mom did it for AC Nielsen Homescan for about five years. You can get points that you can redem for some pretty nice merchandise.

I do the Homescan. Well, I have it, and I am horrible at submitting my purchases. The gifts you can receive are just awesome though and they do send little motivational gifts every once in a while. I have gotten a keychain and a travel mug and I have been with them for 3 months. I need to get better at remembering though.

Is there a way to be put on a waiting list for this? Or are they just random picks?
:banana:

Disneynutbsv said:
Is there a way to be put on a waiting list for this? Or are they just random picks?
:banana:
According to their website, it's random. You need to be on the lookout for banner ads, etc. :confused3 I would love to participate!

I do the Shoppers Hotline homescan. I've been a member since 7/2003 and have over 2,700 pts. I haven't cashed any pts. in yet but the prizes seem to be nice at this level.

I would love to know how to join this. If you have to PM me, please do! ;)

I have belonged to Shoppers' Hotline for over 7 years.
It is nice. I usally get get gift cards or movie tickets.
I would like also to do the neilson one. Anyone founds out how to get on their list let us all know! :cool1:

rafikimom said:
I would love to know how to join this. If you have to PM me, please do! ;)

For shopper's hotline you put in your zip code and they will tell you if they are accepting people in your area. Keep trying if they tell you that they aren't accepting anyone. For the heck of it I put my zip code in yesterday and it said they were not accepting anyone in my area. Just now I put my zip code in again and it gave me the registration page. It may still take time before you hear from them. I don't remember how I signed up but I do remember getting a telephone call from them asking me some questions and then offering me to join.

http://join.shoppershotline.com/default2.html

AC Nielsen
https://www.homescan.com/homescan/US/EN/Login.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter