AC in the restaurants

4littleones

DIS Veteran
How cold are the WDW restaurants? Should I bring a little sweater for me and the kids? I know that DH will be fine he could live in an igloo.

From what I remember in 2009, I didn't get cold once while we were inside any restaurant and I'm one of those people who are always cold if it's less than 80 degrees outside. That was during the 2nd week of September and it was still in the upper 90s and super hot. Honestly, it never even got cold in our room and we had the AC cranked all the time.

I find it can be cold due to AC...hit or miss. I bring a light sweater and usually use it.

The exception is HDDR, which is almost exclusively FREEZING. They could make tons of money selling sweatshirts right there.

I find it can be cold due to AC...hit or miss. I bring a light sweater and usually use it.

The exception is HDDR, which is almost exclusively FREEZING. They could make tons of money selling sweatshirts right there.

Good to know! thank you!

The grandma's are going to the HDDR (my mom and my MIL) so I will be sure to tell them to bring something.

It's funny but my dd, 17, and I were just talking about the A/C in the WDW restaurants yesterday. We were remembering how cold it gets in some of them. I find it to be too chilly in most of them, especially in the summer months, but I suppose with the doors opening so often, they have to have it colder.
But having something to pop on might not be a bad idea.

I know it seems silly to pack a light sweater in your bag when it's SOOOO hot outside, but that's what I always do. And I frequently have to pull it out while dining. I seem to have some kind of aura that requires the CMs to seat us directly under an A/C vent.:lmao:

no matter how hot it is outside, it's always cold in their attractions and restaurants. But not to the point of wearing a sweater. However I always carry a cardigan later at night cause it's freezing in their buses and monorails :confused:

My partner and I were discussing this the other day. We both tend to be cold. We look funny going into the grocery store with sweaters when it is hot outside.

I would love to have a sweater to put on but there will be six of us and I have no intention of lugging a bunch of sweaters around all day in the scorching heat. I guess I will just be cold. The good thing is that we have QS dining so since we won't be sitting for a long time to eat it shouldn't be too bad for meals. It will just be the shows we will freeze at. Maybe I will let dd sit on my lap so she is happy and I will be warm! ;) She can be my own personal blanket, of course then I won't be able to see very well.

We had a nice dinner at California Grill completely ruined by AC. We actually brought light sweaters, but even that was not enough to keep us comfortable. The small side room where we were seated was freezing! :sick:

I also found many of the shops very very cold and ended up buying a hoodie on our first night there. I hadn't packed one, of course - I was going to sunny, warm Florida!! :rotfl:

Oh yeah, we live in Denmark so we are used to snow, cold winters - no so much to AC!

no matter how hot it is outside, it's always cold in their attractions and restaurants. But not to the point of wearing a sweater. However I always carry a cardigan later at night cause it's freezing in their buses and monorails :confused:

Really good advice:banana:

The only place it has really and truly hurt my experience was at the Yak & Yeti.

I (who am diagnosed OCD) was ready to wear someone else's sweater from lost and found. I asked the waitress if anyone had ever left a sweater or even a men's jacket there that I could borrow for the remainder of the meal...I was even willing to wrap myself in a table cloth...no luck.

Even my DH who is NEVER cold was complaining. I laughed out loud when I read a review on disboards saying this was a common complaint. Otherwise, I may be a bit chilly at first, but I have always acclimated in the other restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter