About to book but need opinions of those who have done the 4 day with toddlers

momofsamandeden

Mouseketeer
We are still going back and forth on the Dream between two insides or two balconies. We want two cabins so that we have room for the pack and play in one without tripping over it in the morning. Also would be nice to have a napping room if the older ones want to be in the cabin with me. However the difference between two 10 a's and two 5 D's is 1100!:eek:
So the big question is how busy is a family with a 6, 3 and 18 month old on the four day? Is 1100 worth it for a balcony on Disney because that is almost another cruise lol

Go for the two insides since you really wont be in the room much for more than changing and sleeping. You will spend alot of time at the pools and the older kids in the kids clubs. Its only fours days so with only one day at sea you really really wont see the room that much. Enjoy your time and realize that it is impossible to do everything.

We just did a 4 nt with our 6 and 3 yr old in an Oceanview room, and did a 7nt in December in a small suite. We previously cruised when each child was 2 or almost 2.

We were in the rooms midday every day when the kids napped after lunch, even the 6 and 3yr old, but not as much as when the kids were 2. However, we never used the verandah even when the kids were toddlers to warrant the additional cost. We did like the oceanview room, but it was hard to get it really dark for the naps during the day. Not sure how the virtual portholes on the Dream will work.

I wouldn't spend the additional money on the verandahs but would spend the additional money on a 2nd connecting room. I might consider oceanview rooms as an inbetween option, but again, that's without knowing how well the virtual portholes in the Dream will work at simulating natural light.

Do I understand that there are 5 of you (6,3, 18 months + 2 parents) or only one parent?

If there are 5, your choices are an expensive 5 person cabin or 2 lower category cabins--no debate there, go for 2 cabins. I'd do inside on a 4 night cruise. You won't be inside much other than sleeping and dressing!

Thanks for your answers. Yes there will be five of us so we are definitely going for two cabins. I appreciate the advice on the verandah because I was thinking that on a four day we will not be in there enough for the 1100 cost. I would rather apply that to the three day right behind the four day or three days at Disney or Univeral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter