about the $20.03 deal.....

tonysgal34

Mouseketeer
Can someone answer this? Read all the other posts and couldn't find the answer......do they serve a complimentary breakfast or other meal(s)? Also, without a rental car, can we do this? And third, does anyone know the price of the Courtyard's buffets that someone spoke of?? Thanks!

I don't know first hand....but I did read that the breakfast buffet was $6. To the best of my knowledge they don't have a complimentary continental breakfast....but I have read a lot about a Manager's reception that has complimentary drinks and I think tortilla chips. From what I have read the bus system is fairly good. I'm hoping it's all we need. We'll have a car but only my husband and I will be drivers and we're going with friends....so our plan is to park it when we get there and only use it to go offsite to eat together. I also am trying to avoid the $7/day parking charge. Good Luck!

The bus service works well. The Courtyard is the 2nd pickup. They also have a sidewalk in front of the Hilton (which is next door and closest to Downtown Disney) and you can walk over there to catch the Disney busses if necessary. And you can use all of Disney's transportation as long as you have a ticket to the parks.

The food at the Courtyard isn't that high. We didn't partake of breakfast b/c we're not big eaters in the morning. But, we had dinner there a couple of times and it was good. There is a manager's reception with free beer and wine and munchies.

It's a nice hotel and for less than $25 a night, there is NOTHING to complain about :D

Hey Pooh Girl - do they have free soda too at the manager's reception? I will not be partaking of beer and wine but with munchies I'm sure will be thirsty - Thanks!

And did you ever walk to Downtown Disney? I've heard it's close enough to walk and I remember seeing it but can't visualize how far it really is.

When I spoke with my reservationist, she said that you could walk to DD in 5 minutes. I read the review of the CbM on Deb Wills and there it said a 5-10 minute walk depending on how quickly you walk. So it is CLOSE! :) Yippee! :Pinkbounc

We didn't get to walk over to DD. We were there in Sept 02 and there was all kinds of construction on the sidewalks in the area. I did notice when we there last week that the sidewalks are clear :D

Also not sure if they offer free soda or not. That's a good question. If you get a tower room, you can see the fireworks from Pleasure Island nightly.

I am a fan of the Courtyard Marriott after having stayed there during the$20.03 special deal. I found it to be clean, comfortable and extraordinarily friendly. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. And yes it is so close to Downtown Disney you could walk. The bus system is also very good. I did not try the Manager's reception. I'm not sure if I was ever back from the parks in time! Have a great time...

they do have free soda at the recpetion, also popcorn

I've never been aware of a continental breakfast when we were there. (twice)

Last trip we asked for a tower room on the PI side, and we could see the PI fireworks and also another set of fireworks (I was thinking maybe it was Illuminations, but I'm not sure on that one)

We did walk to DtD several times, any easy walk, but we are two 20 somethings with no kids. WOuldn't want to be carrying packages back, but that's okay bc the gift shops will send the stuff to Ctyd for you, and you pick it up at the desk the next day.

Bus service is fine, unless you have an early breakfast PS, in which case you should plan on a cab.

There is an "a la carte" snack shop thing there, it sells danish, fruit, coffee, juice, milk in the morning and snack stuff throughout the day. It's slightly over priced, but not too bad.

We never ate at the restaurant there.

Its a great hotel for 20 bucks. Not "magical" in atmosphere, but the price is!

Enjoy your trip.
TArralee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter