? about special room rates when adding dining plan right before trip

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
If I book a room-only discount in Sept with tickets, but decide after I have paid in full but at least 2 weeks before check in that I want the dining plan added, will I be able to add it and will I lose my room-only discount since I'd be going up to a package?

We are really uncertain about the dining plan for Marathon weekend and were wondering if we need to decide before Jan discounts come out in late Sept/early Oct.

Thanks!

VP

If I book a room-only discount in Sept with tickets, but decide after I have paid in full but at least 2 weeks before check in that I want the dining plan added, will I be able to add it and will I lose my room-only discount since I'd be going up to a package?

We are really uncertain about the dining plan for Marathon weekend and were wondering if we need to decide before Jan discounts come out in late Sept/early Oct.

Thanks!

VP

The DDP can be added up to 3 days prior to arrival. If you book room + tix as a package, you can add the DDP later (as long as it's added at least 3 days prior to arrival). If you book RO and buy tickets separate, you can still get the DDP later, but the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package (room + DDP) booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (or payment in full if done 30 days or less from arrival). Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other, so it's not as easy as just adding the DDP to a RO reservation. With all that said, a room discount can be applied to a package reservation. The discount will be on the room portion only, but you can book with tix and/or DDP and still get a discount (pending availability).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter