? about room occupancy...I mean Stormalong Bay

CVW

DIS Veteran
NOTE TO READERS:

Last week a few of you may have had the misfortune of reading a post from CVW in which he attempted to ask questions about room occupancy. The Disney Special Ops unit (consisting of Mickey, Buzz Lightyear, and myself, Belle) dressed in black camouflage and wearing night-visions goggles, were then deployed on a commando raid to his house.

The thread was successfully destroyed, and CVW has been under 24-hour surveillance on a diet of only Epcot pizza crumbs and $6 Disney bottled water with backwash from his 13 month-old daughter.

He now states that, as a new DVC owner, he is ready to post some questions more conforming to the standards of this group. We are now removing CVW's blindfold and wrist restraints and will, for the next few minutes, allow him back to his keyboard.

Sincerely,
Belle, in behalf of Disney Special Ops

-----------------

Ow. Feels good to have those off. Good to be back.Sorry for talking about room occupancy. It won't happen again.

Uh...as I mentioned before, I just made a purchase at BCV. I have a few questions about Stormalong Bay. Does it truly have a "Lazy River" that you can float down? The DVC rep insisted that it did, but I can't find it on the web anywhere. Is there a wave pool?

Are there waterslides? If so, how many? Are they thrilling enough for older kids? Will older kids enjoy SAB enough to forgo a trip to Blizzard Beach?

How late in the fall can you still swim in Central Florida? My wife is a little cold-blooded, and won't swim if it's not warm.

Also, suppose my daughter turns three years-old in the middle of our vacation, will we then be exceeding room occupancy? Will they let her sleep on the beach? If I bring my wife's cousins and their young'uns, d'ya reckon there's enough room in the bathtub and kitchen floor for them to sleep?

OW!! OW!! I'M SORRY!! I'M SORRY!! YOU'RE BREAKING MY FINGERS!! PLEASE STOP!!

-----------------

In behalf of the Disney Special Ops unit, I'd like to apologize for that outburst. We have once again confiscated CVW's keyboard. Apparently, He still insists on discussing room occupancy, so we have again restrained him. We will now subject him to an intense program of Eisnerification, beginning with repeated forced-viewing of "Treasure Planet" to the point of emesis.

In the meantime, you ARE allowed to respond to his questions regarding this "Stormalong Bay" thing. His wife deserves an answer. CVW, on the other hand, may never be heard from again.

Let this serve as our final warning to anyone who wants to discuss room occupancy.

Sincerely,

:smooth:

sshhhhhh, could someone please tell CVW's wife that if she does not announce her child's 3rd birthday, Disney will not have anyway to determine the child has turned 3. They will not kick the child of of the crib.

As for SAB, I too have only heard about the lazy river. I do not believe there is a waterslide, but there is the "scary clown" slide over a BWV. Just a helpful FYI, the tubes for SAB cost money to rent. I believe $10/day. May be cost efficient to purchase your tubes at a Target or Wal Mart type store from home and bring them with you.

I sure hope I don't get in too much trouble for helping CVW out with this info.

I've been wondering about the "SAB Lazy River" too? If there's not lazy river, why would I rent a tube for $10? Just to float in the pool? Saw the tubes in the grocery store ... will buy 4 of them based on the answer to this thread!

Yes, there is a slide down the "pirate ship". A big one and a little one (for little people) ... I don't really think SAB will pass for BB for tweens or older, unless of course, they've never seen pictures of BB!

There is a slide which starts on one side of the BW next to the lagoon which kids and adults walk over to, climb and then splash into the SAB main pool. It's for the older crowd and the teens love it....so much so that on our last trip (Aug '02) we did not have to visit a single water park. Thus we added points at BCV this past month so that we might enjoy SAB again and again.

There have been recent reports of SAB being mobbed (this week and last), but when we were there last August it wasn't too crowded late afternoon.

The "lazy river" is a small version of the one's at the water parks....very small. You can rent a tube for the day (I don't remember - but maybe $4-6.00???) and glide along. My 12 yr old loved that too!

And my minature adult (aged 3 for whom we now have to pay for an annual pass - but who will sleep in our 1BR on an air mattress this trip) loved the sand pool.

SAB is a gem.....

CVW, I've only been to Stormalong Bay once, back in the days when you could still pool hop there, and that was with small children who didn't give me much of a chance to look around, so I can't really answer your questions about the Lazy River -- BUT I wanted to tell you how much I liked your post, you had me laughing out loud. I'm glad Disney Special Ops has turned you loose, and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future. Try to stay out of trouble!

The so called lazy river at SAB to me is nothing like a real lazy river ride. It's more of just a way to connect the larger pool sections together. I'm also pretty sure the current only flows one way via jets here and there. It's not really a circular path that you can ride back to the beginning. You basically have to get out at the end. Also unlike a true lazy river with about a 3 foot consistent depth, some areas of the 'river' at SAB are quite deep, well over your head, so it's definitely a sink or swim situation.

The slide on the other hand is great. Nothing like the big slides at the water parks, but still quite huge for a pool slide.

... No, it truely is a lazy river,just very small. If you hop on a tube, you will go round n round n round n n n n n .....

Just keep your hands in the water so the CM's won't see you don't have a wristband ;-)

I've never been to the pool, so I can't answer the question. BUT, the post will probably make the next list of "funniest posts".!!
Toooo FUNNY!!

P.S. Welcome Home from another okie DVC owner.

Are there waterslides? If so, how many? Are they thrilling enough for older kids? Will older kids enjoy SAB enough to forgo a trip to Blizzard Beach?

Yes, one. Someone else said two, but I don't know where the other one is. You can't go on the slide with a life vest, so it's just for swimmers. You don't say how old the kids are, but I would say pre-middle school kids will be very happy. Kids who have been to waterparks before may not be as entertained.......

How late in the fall can you still swim in Central Florida? My wife is a little cold-blooded, and won't swim if it's not warm.

If she's cold-blooded then she should like the cold.........maybe you were thinking of warm-blooded???? The water is never cold. I went swimming at SAB - just me and 6 kids with 4 lifeguards - around 7 at night in October two years ago. It was mightly cold. The lifeguards were all in their long pants and jackets. Just me and the kids.......

Also, suppose my daughter turns three years-old in the middle of our vacation, will we then be exceeding room occupancy? Will they let her sleep on the beach? If I bring my wife's cousins and their young'uns, d'ya reckon there's enough room in the bathtub and kitchen floor for them to sleep?

Disney charges for the hotel rooms based on your checkin day. If you check in during a higher rate time, you get that rate the whole stay So............continuing with their own logic.....since she is less than 3 when you check in, she is less than 3 for the whole stay.......... As for the beach, as long as she doesn't swim she should be OK and well, you just know better than to ask on the other (but check QVC for the great deals on their inflatable beds.......)

CVW- YOU now get my vote for funniest post.......:p

You are going to love DVC and We're going to like having you on this board.:)

just got back from the BC and there is only one water slide--coming down from the Pirate ship--it is decent but no way compares to a water park--my 3 older kids (12-11-9) liked it but said that CS slide was much better.(faster and longer in their opinion)
Storm along bay is fun but in our opinion was way over-rated--except to our 3yr old--who absolutely loved the sandy part of the pool-- as for "Lazy river" is is basically a narrow (maybe 12feet wide) pool that circles around the pool area and has a very slight current. you really have to be patient to make it all the way around (although I do admit we arrived at BC the day after having gone to Blizzard beach whose lazy river is really the best).
the tubes do rent for $3 /hour or $10/day--we never rented any since we got there in the afternoon and there were lots of them lying all around the place abandoned by people who had already left. All in all---my older kids enjoyed themselves at SAB but I did feel it was overrated and overcrowded!!:Pinkbounc

Very funny post. I've heard that BCV owners are very witty. Anyway, the slide at SAB is very large for a resort pool. Older teens may not find it thrilling enough, but I sure did. Also, there is a mini-slide for the young-uns. Little tikes will really love the sandy pool too. Who needs park passes?

Bob Riley

Isn't there a little slide on the other side of the ship for the kiddies? DS3 is looking forward to it, so I hope I wasn't mistaken in it's existance!

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
... No, it truely is a lazy river,just very small. If you hop on a tube, you will go round n round n round n n n n n .....

Just keep your hands in the water so the CM's won't see you don't have a wristband ;-)
Thanks for the clarification. Hate to be giving out incorrect information here on the boards.:(

Guess I never really was patient enough to take it all the way around. Mostly would get in near the sandy beach area, then follow it toward the exit area of the water slide, get out and do the slide.:p

Although for a 'lazy river' it's got to be more along the lines of a 'lazy creek'. ;)

Isn't there a little slide on the other side of the ship for the kiddies? DS3 is looking forward to it, so I hope I wasn't mistaken in it's existance

Yes there is a very small slide for the very little ones. It is at the bottom of the stairs up to the SAB big slide.

HBC

ROFL! Thanks for adding some wit to our sometimes too serious discussions!

SAB is outstanding in the hotel pool category, but it is not on the scale of a waterpark .

I also wanted to say thanks for the really humorous post! I look forward to reading more of your posts and hopefully running into you at "home"!

Just wanted to confirm, there is a small slide that goes into the kiddie pool that is in the ship. So there is actually 2 slides. As long as your kids can swim, they can handle the "big" slide. My kids have both been doing the big slide since they were 4.

Also wanted to reitterate what others have said so your expectations are not too high. Yes, SAB is a fabulous pool (probably the best resort pool on property) and is conisdered by some a mini-water water park, but it is by no means a water park like TL or BB. I think it is a great pool, and my kids love it, especially the sand on the bottom, but just don't expect too much.

UPDATE FROM DISNEY SPECIAL OPS:

The Eisnerification of CVW continues, and has been met with partial success. He is still refusing to hug Mickey. Indeed, he cowers away with fear and hides behind his little daughter for protection. Perhaps it's because Mickey has been holding the Taser gun throughout our siege of his house.

On the positive side, he is now referring to his car as "Herbie".

Additionally, he now states that he is willing to pay $8 for 3 ounces of hamburger meat on an oversized bun. He successfully stood "in line" in his kitchen for 45 minutes while we overcooked it for him.

Based on this partial success, we are once again allowing him back to his keyboard to reply to your most pleasant responses.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------

Thanks. CVW here. Good to be back again. I think the Eisnerification is working. In fact, I think my day so far could best be described as "zippidy do dah".

Let's catch up:

From Kathleena:
If she's cold-blooded then she should like the cold.........maybe you were thinking of warm-blooded????

You are absolutely correct, Kathleena. In fact, I just did a quick chromosomal karyotyping on her to confirm that her blood is, indeed, mammalian. Occasionally, however, when she sees me writing these posts it can transform into cold-blooded reptilian.

She's always been a tad apprehensive about letting me out in public, so she rather enjoys having Disney Special Ops watch over me.

From Caskbill:

Although for a 'lazy river' it's got to be more along the lines of a 'lazy creek'.

Sounds good enough for me, Caskbill. Considering that most of the pools in Oklahoma consist of four parts water, three parts chlorine, and two parts sunscreen, I'm just looking forward to swimming in a pool that doesn't stick to me.

With three small kids, SAB was a big reason that we decided to go with BCV. It is however, a bit stressful considering that we're buying it site unseen (or is it scene unsight? I get confused.) But considering that it's at Disney, within crawling distance of Epcot, I'd be happy with a lazy puddle.

In all candor, this board has been an amazing find. I told the DVC rep that I would not have been comfortable enough to make my purchase without the DisBoards. Maybe you guys should take a cut.

I've enjoyed everyone's help. The board is fun, and I think I'll be here for years to come...yessir, years to come!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :)

Wait a minute...this just in from Richyams:

I think he should be banned from the board.

Ouch. I felt the zippidy just go out of my doo dah. Seriously, Richyams, I did not intend to offend you, the Yam family, or anyone else on this board. I was just trying to have a little fun with the whole idea of "banned conversation" on an open website for a seemingly banal topic.

Tell you what let's do to clear the air. Next time I'm at WDW, you're all invited over to my villa to spend the night! You can all crash on the floor. I'll bet we can sleep twenty people in there. Keep the noise down and MS never has to know!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! NOT THE CATTLE PROD!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS....VISION...GOING BLURRY...pInkY fINgER TwITching oN THe sHIFt KeY...DriFTinG Into UncoNsCiousNEss...

--------------------------------

We at Disney Special Ops have again been forced to confiscate CVW's keyboard. He seems incapable of dropping this "room occupancy" fixation of his.

We are confident that, in the end, the Eisnerification Process will be a complete success. CVW will soon understand that vacation and leisure discussion boards are no place for humor, irony, and sarcasm.

When he is rehabilitated, he will conform to the ideals of this board, and will join his fellow DVC'ers to discuss matters of TRUE importance.

Like OKW refillable mugs.

Sincerely,

Love this thread too. Good job and CVW may your PM inbox be clean of any negative vibes on your extensive digressions and regressions and ingressions.......

rriley25, yes us BCV owners are witty or perhaps a little twitty - it is due to lack of oxygen at BCV due to cramped hallways, small units and too many air beds sucking in the available oxygen for us to function in a sound manner like certain witty posters who are on love with a certain very large DVC resort near Downtown Disney

Anyways I agree that SAB is nice but it would not be able to touch BB or TL as a substitute without some other form of additional incentive to the people you would be trying to convince

Thanks
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter