? about priority strategy Oct 17, 2018

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Rachel Ann, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Rachel Ann

Rachel Ann Earning My Ears

I am looking for tips for my Disneyland and California Adventure trip on Wednesday October 17. My three kids have a random day off from school that day, so we are going to Disneyland and California Adventure. Our priorities are: Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission Breakout, Incredicoster, Radiator Springs Racers, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. I will (begrudgingly) spend the extra $40 for us to have Maxpasses. California Adventure has an Extra Magic hour that morning that we will not have access to. Should we start our day in CA Adventure anyway? Start at Disneyland? Any thoughts would be so appreciated! Thank you!

2. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Given the operating hours for that day (DL: 8 am to midnight, DCA: 8 am to 10 pm), I don't think you'll have any problems doing all of the rides you list with or without MaxPass. I would probably start in DL and ride Space and FP/MP HMH or vice-a-versa. After that, I would head over to DCA and get started on those rides.

Were you also hoping to ride GotG: Monsters After Dark?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

Don't forget that you can get MP as soon as you scan in, which is usually a solid 20-30 minutes before you're officially let into the park, and you can grab your first FP at that time. So, even though you won't have access to EMH, you'll be on a pretty level field with the people who do, FP-wise, anyway.

That said - we were there on a summer Monday (July 2), started at DCA which had EMH that we didn't have access to, and went straight to the standby line for GotG (grabbing an FP for RSR, return time of 8:15-9:15) as we walked there). How much effect did EMH have to our wait? Let's put it this way - the park opened at 8:00 and we were off of GotG at 8:07. So NONE. In fact, using MP, we had done GotG, RSR, Soarin', and Incredicoaster all by 9:30 (with a ride of LM thrown in to boot).

5. Rachel Ann

Rachel Ann Earning My Ears

wow, Winnowill, thanks for the tips. you gave me some valuable insight!

Winnowill likes this.
  6. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

:-)

Just get there as you would for a regular rope drop morning.

7. ExcitedMama

ExcitedMama DIS Veteran

Is this a school holiday in SoCal or a random school day off? We will be there that week and wondering if that will be a busy day.

8. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

I think you will find the $40 for MaxPass is well worth it! Have fun!