? about O'Hare Airport

BuzzandAriel'smom

DIS Veteran
For all of you that fly O'hare regularly... what is the best way to check in and park with a family of 4? It will be me, DH and dd4 and ds2. We will be gate checking our stroller, curbside checking our 2 suitcases and then have a few carryons including a carseat.

Do I have DH drop us and the baggage at the curbsid check-in and then park and meet us inside? Is that allowed? I haven't flown since 9/11 and I'm not real sure of the procedures for parking and checking in.

Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Depending on which airline you're flying - many of them have online check-in. It's sooooo much easier than waiting in the long lines. You can usually check in up to 24hours before your flight and print off your boarding passes. When you arrive, just show your boarding passes to the SkyCap to have your bags checked.

Otherwise, you can check in at the kiosks in the lobby. There's usually someone there that will give you a tag for your bags.

What we did when my kiddos were smaller...dh drops me & oldest off at curbside....we check in ALL bags and carseats (yep it's a little hard, but managble) Then we went to the gait to wait for DH & youngest. They would go to long term parking WITH THE STROLLER and their boarding passes that we printed out the night before. If you can print your boarding passes there is no need to check in at the desk. It depends on what airline you're flying. But we would always seperate & meet at the gate. NOw that the girls are older, DH drops us all, oldest DD is a HUGE help in getting bags checked & we still meet daddy at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter