? About Disney In Oct.

talie95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone....i'm new here and this place is great!! Well, we are planning a trip to disneyland for Oct.3&4. Has anyone been during this time of year and if so, what are the crowds like? Our last trip was in Dec (2 years ago) and it was incredibly crowded although it was nice with all the Xmas decorations. Just wondering what to expect this time around. Thanks!!! :wizard:

Crowds are going to be low. This is "off season" at Disneyland. The 50th anniversary will be over by this time & schools will be in session. Also Oct 3 & 4 are in the middle of the week so you should be fine.
I will also let you know that Fantasmic and fireworks will not be going on (at least I don't think so) because it is off season and because it will be a weekday.
Halloween decorations should be up and I think it should be a good time to go! Have alot of fun & enjoy your trip! If you have any other questions, feel free to message me...I am a Disneyland veteran. :wizard:

Thanks! I know with it being off season there aren't as many entertainment shows but with 2 small children (16mo and 4 years old) it will be nice not to have to manuever around big crowds. We also chose this time because my husband can get a few days off work then and my daughter, who just started kindergarten, will be on fall break that week(not many schools do, but our district gives a fall break) so she won't have to miss any school. We can't wait! (I think I'm more excited than my daughter is!)

I wouldnt count on it being slow. The 50th was originally scheduled to still be in full swing. Many people booked trips before they realized it was ending early. And, really, its just going to be ending right around those days. I think Oct 1. The new Year of a Million dreams kicks off the begining of Oct as well.

I would go prepared for large crowds. If its not crowded it will be a nice surprise!

:teeth: hehehe I will be there then too cause im going from the 2nd - 9th of October with my dear mum.

So how many more days talie95 till we are both there :teacher: 47 BABY THATS RIGHT WOOO HOOO!!!! :banana:

I've also been noticing on this site especially under the October roll call that most people who booked trips for October are going from mid to late. I can pretty much count on one hand how many are going in early October. So I am hoping that the crowds will be lower then most days.

Also schools will still be in then, and its mid week so it should be a little quieter. Either way with the crowds, make the best of it, and have a BLAST!!!! :sunny:

Yeah, I still think crowds will be fairly low. Manageable at the least. Hope everyone has a great time! :banana:

Crowds should be very managable for you. You shouldn't have any problems doing and seeing all the things that you want. I wouldn't expect ride wait times to be longer than 10 - 15 minutes most of the time (with the exception of Splash). Also, if you visit DCA, many of the rides will most likely be walk-on. It's a wonderful time to go and you should have a blast! :cool1:

My family goes to Disneyland in early October every year (although this year we are taking a break to do the Disney Cruise) - it is the BEST time to go - great weather still in So. Cal (generally), crowds are not too much of an issue, etc - ESCPECIALLY on Tuesday 10/3 and Wed. 10/4. Friday starts to get crowded and Saturday is usually VERY busy, but mid-week is great! One thing to know is that there will be less CMs in addition to less visitors (e.g. in October they don't use all the entrance gates), but generally there are smaller lines than other times of year.

My advice is to make sure to use Parent Swap which can save you time riding rides that your young children may be too small for and to try to Fantasyland as early as possible. Dumbo, Peter Pan, and some of the other rides can get long lines in the middle of the day and those rides don't load quite as fast. When we have an early morning entry we always try to run to Peter Pan and do the ride twice right away.

Kathie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter