? about dining plan for party of 12

WDW TRIP NUT

Mouseketeer
WE are going next May and have decided on the dining plan. I know that the gratiuity will be included because we are a large party. My question is- How will this work? Because we are on the dining plan, will they give us a bill at the end of our meal for the tip only?

Hopefully one of our helpful CMs will be able to answer that for you.

In reality, anything added to a restaurant bill is not really a gratuity, nor is it a helpful suggestion. It's a part of the cost of the meal, and really should be called a service charge rather than a gratuity. You are required to pay it, unless you think it's not deserved and make other arrangements with restaurant management.

I'm assuming they will present you with a separate check for the 18%, like they do if you order any items not covered by DDP, but I don't know that for a fact. The procedure of adding 18% for larger parties has been in effect for years, so someone will know the answer, I'm sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!