? about baby's pajamas in hotel room

ryguy1

Earning My Ears
I have kind of a silly question, but I'm wondering what type of pajamas you would recommend for my nine month old in the a/c hotel rooms. It's obviously going to be very hot in June when we're there but the room will have a/c. I was originally thinking of just putting DS in a onesie but now I think it may be too cool. Should I bring long sleeved pjs? I'm trying to get our packing list together b/c we leave in less than 2 weeks.:-)bounce: )
I'd love to hear from other people who have been to WDW w/ infants. Thanks!! Leslie

Plan on PJs for 70 degree room. I put DD (11 months) to bed now in the same fuzzy PJs that she wears in the winter. We have A/C in her room and she doesn't use a blanket. We keep our house at similar temps all year. Remember, you're using a blanket but the baby shouldn't be. If you're cold in A/C, the baby will be, too.

Both my kids slept in onesies summer and winter and never had a problem. Hotel rooms allow you to adjust your own temperature, so you have some control over how cold it is.

If you are afraid of the temp, pack some knit pants to slip on if he gets cold. Long sleeved pj's never worked for mine.

Hope this helps.

You will probably really think I am crazy for this one but, when we were there in June and then in Nov our DD was 7mon and almost 1 and we used the Carter Pj's that look like shorts. I really like the ones with 1 top but shorts and long pants that match. Here is what we did that worked pretty well. In the afternoon (about 4) we would go to the hotel to rest and eat, my older DS would swim, I would give the baby her bath and change her into pj's that looked like shorts. We would head back to the parks for evening parades etc. and she would go to sleep in her stroller. She could sleep until we were ready to return and then just be put into her crib. (She is a good sleeper.) It worked really well for us and our older son didn't miss any nighttime fun, even E-night. Hopefully no one even knew she was out and about in her PJ's!:D

I always bring cool weather jammies with us for our kids when we go to DW...don't forget they will be out in very warm weather all day and that ac may feel even cooler at night. For me, it's either too cold or too sticky down there with the ac...if you don't turn it up enough it's sticky, if you turn it up just slightly too much you wake up freezing.

That's a good question you may not normally think about because of the time of year. Luckily when we went in November I brought long sleeves and long pants' pjs for my 2 yr old dd and used them because the thermostat on the room was kinda funky, I couldn't find a happy temp. It was either too stuffy or cold.

Since I can't sleep at all when it's stuffy we kept it cold so I was sure glad I brought the long sleeves. (she also doesn't keep a blanket on her). The temp inside the room can really be a lot colder than outside. I plan to do the same again when we go in 2 weeks. (I also bring short sleeved ones in case). They don't weigh much so it's worth bringing both.

2 weeks from tomorrow and here we come!
mic-min01.gif

Hi There,
The A/C can feel quite drafty for adults (both my wife and myself seem to be affected by it) so I can imagine that this can be quite uncomfortable for infants and toddlers. We have always brought cool weather pajamas with us for that reason, along with some lighter summer pajamas. The PJs that look like shorts sounds like a great idea! How about bringing a variety, just in case.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

:cool:

When we stayed at the BWV with my 7 month old, it was cold with the a/c, but stuffy without (seems like a trend!). It was May. We put her in cotton footed pj's, like Carters. She would be in these if we went out at night - no problem with the footsies since she didn't walk anyway. I also brought a receiving blanket to cover her at night. This worked fine for her.
A tip - bring your own pack & play sheets if you have them, as you won't get them in the hotels. They give you regular sheets - too dangerous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter