ABD vs Tauck - Costa Rica

bowjules

Earning My Ears
Choosing between ABD and Tauck, both look wonderful but Tauck trip almost $3000 less. Both receive great reviews, both 1st class. Advice? Traveling with 13 ABD 9 yr old children. Both tours are designated 'family trips.'

Here is a link to kjd469's post giving her feedback on the Tauck Bridges Costa Rica trip from the perspective of an experienced ABD traveler:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2512881&highlight=costa+rica

I've been on 3 ABDs (one being Costa Rica, ABD #4 coming up in March) and 2 Tauck trips. They are very similar. From my limited experience, there were more kids on the Tauck trips, but I'm sure that's not always the case. Biggest difference is 2 guides with ABD vs. 1 with Tauck. With 2 guides, it's less likely that any of the details will fall between the cracks and if there is a problem one guide can deal with it while the other guide continues as normal, minimizing trip disruption. On the other hand, two guides to tip with ABD vs. zero with TB, since it's included in the price of the trip. I've found the food to be better on the Tauck trips. With ABD you have 2 guides taking photos of your family and you receive a photo CD in the mail after you get home. This isn't standard with TB trips, but on one of our trips our Tauck guide took photos throughout the trip and she made CDs that she handed out to the families at the farewell dinner. But that was at the guides discretion, so it's not guaranteed like it is with ABD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter