ABD: Travel Agent or DIY?

Primerz

Master Builder
Hi friends- generally, I'm a "hands-on" type when it comes to WDW trip planning. While I know there are benefits to using a TA, I get excited by the WDW planning process, despite some ups and downs.

I've heard, though, that planning a DCL vacation is better with a TA for a variety of reasons.

Is there consensus, or at least some thoughts, on where ABD falls on the DIY v. TA spectrum? If anyone has thoughts to share, please let me know. Thanks.

PS. I'm aware that this forum is sponsored by TAs, which gives some indication but curious to hear your thoughts!

I always book my own AbDs. One thing to consider, that some folks have posted about here - if you use a travel agent, AbD communicates with them. Some folks reported not being able to get go/no go status on a pending trip when calling AbD because they’d booked with a TA. Now that more places are open and more trips going forward, this may not be as much of an issue.

Personally, it’s not that much of a problem booking it DIY but the waits on the phones for Disney have been nuts! 7 hours was my last wait, for that fact alone I’d recommend using an agent just so they can handle the calls for you

I like travel agent, just because a lot of the paperwork and the process to make changes isn't automated with ABD, you usually have to call and talk to someone. And this can be a huge pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!