ABD SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND DISNEYLAND ~ HAS ANYONE DONE THIS???

There are several podcasts about it. This one is probably the best and most comprehensive:

The tours at Disneyland are more about the imagineering and behind the scenes of some of the famous rides. These usually happen in the morning, then you get a bunch of single use fastpasses for the afternoon and evening. They also arrange a private viewing area for parades and nighttime shows.

I made this on a previous post comparing the normal VIP tour vs. the ABD tour:

VIP Tour: 7 hours (or more) on one day (you could do multiple days). You can customize what you see and go to. You do not go backstage. You do not see anything special that a normal guest wouldn't see. You get special seating for parades and nightime specatculars (fireworks, fantasmic, etc.). For a LL attraction, you would go through the LL line like a normal guest, but you don't need to book the LL. For a non-LL attraction, the VIP guide will direct you to skip most of the line. Note that not all non-LL attractions are included, but most are. Generally about $4000-$6000 for 7 hours, not including tip. Focuses on the two parks (Disneyland and DCA). You still need to buy your hotel stay, the actual disneyland tickets, food, etc.

ABD trip: Everything is taken care of for you over multiple days. There are parts of the trip where you are not in the parks (Hollywood, Archives, etc.) There is no customization, except when you are on your own time (i.e. Disney/your guides decide where you will go). You do go backstage multiple times. You do see things a normal guest would never see. You get special seating for the parades and nightime stuff, but you go with the group. Your guide has similar abilities to let you enter a LL line or skip a line as a VIP tour guide. You will get extra LL passes that you can use during "on your own" time, which should allow you to use them at any time for that day. Many of the meals are part of the trip.

The ABD trip is for people who want to learn about Walt Disney, his life, and the park he built.
The VIP tour is for people who want to go on as many attractions as possible.

I've actually done the Southern California ABD trip twice (back when it was fastpasses, not LL), so I definitely think it's worth it. We did different things each time, and the guides each time were wonderful.

The only thing I would be worried about is that some things are cut back or removed (like Imagineering), so if that is one of your must do's, it may be less than what it was before.

Last edited:
There are several podcasts about it. This one is probably the best and most comprehensive:

The tours at Disneyland are more about the imagineering and behind the scenes of some of the famous rides. These usually happen in the morning, then you get a bunch of single use fastpasses for the afternoon and evening. They also arrange a private viewing area for parades and nighttime shows.
Thank you for this information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter