• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

I've been reading your trip report and enjoying it! I graduated from nursing school almost 24 years ago and didn't have even CLOSE to the fun you are having celebrating! I've been to WDW many times and we are DVC owners but I've never heard of this Bob Jackson that you saw and it looks like a lot of fun. Is it a family show or adults only? And where is it???? Congratulations from one RN to another!!! Cindy

HI
Sorry to read about your mum's nee trouble great that you were able to go and help out.Hopefully it is now on the mend. So when you get to California in five days it won't be on your mind and you can concentrate on having a great time on your trip to Disney California with your scheduled dis meets and your casual wander around on Saturday. looking forward to seeing some of your photos from your Saturday wander around the original Disney land .Your end to the night with Yehaa Bob and your dis friends must have topped what must have been one of the best ways to celibrate a graduation. Some great photos from the night to remember it.Good that you managed to get your card back way to go for Marv to pick it up for you. This is one of the things that makes Disney great it is still one of the most honest places to lose things ninty nine times out of a hundered you will get the item back.

It’s been a long day and Mom didn’t do so well in the evening.

Sorry that your mom is in so much pain, but I'm glad that you were able to get there to help out.

and my kids were D.O.N.E.

The kids just can't hang!

The bad news is that while searching for that method of payment, I realized that I didn’t get my Disney Visa Reward Card back from the server at FF!

Oh no!

(Does anyone see a pattern here? Probably best not to ask me to hold onto something for you.)

Yes, I'm making a note of that.

How could you not, when there is a grown man standing on is piano bench pounding on a rocking piano (yes, it literally rocks like a chair) and playing a trumpet in between verses?

I love that his piano rocks.

In 2010, a big group of us met in Washington DC including Glenn and some others who aren’t on the DIS much, or at all, anymore.

One of us must have driven them away. :rolleyes1

I also reminded him that I’d met him years before, and he actually REMEMBERED that!

I believe it.

Undeniably, we were having a great time.

IMG_1934.jpg

That's a great picture!

Did you see that Bob was in a car accident back around year-end? He's okay, but had to take a couple of days off. I love that he's wearing his hat in the picture of him in the ambulance! :rotfl2:

It had been a great day full of family, friends, good food, fun- a perfect way to have celebrated a strong finish to a life goal.

I'm glad it was such a great day of celebration!

Yes, I called the FF back the next day and indeed they had it and it was safe and sound.

Whew!

Liesa, I have a question, my husband does in inkings of animals and I saw some awesome pictures of animals from your trip to animal kingdom. Especially the gorilla would you be opposed to him using one of your pics for a drawing? I will pm you a sample of one of his drawings. Janelle

I've been reading your trip report and enjoying it! I graduated from nursing school almost 24 years ago and didn't have even CLOSE to the fun you are having celebrating! I've been to WDW many times and we are DVC owners but I've never heard of this Bob Jackson that you saw and it looks like a lot of fun. Is it a family show or adults only? And where is it???? Congratulations from one RN to another!!! Cindy

Well, hello, and :welcome::welcome::welcome: , Cindy!!

I'm so, so happy when new folks introduce themselves and join in the banter and have some fun with us!

It was definitely big time fun we had - not just this evening, but all week long! But certainly, this evening was just all-around great fun with extra friends and better than average food and entertainment.

Bob's been around forever at Port Orleans Riverside. It is DEFINITELY FAMILY oriented. NO need to be shy of taking kids there at all. It's all just plain good fun, very clean, but just quirky and goofy enough to make sure the adults have fun too.

I'd love to have you comment regularly and get to know us better. :)

Last edited:
HI
Sorry to read about your mum's nee trouble great that you were able to go and help out.Hopefully it is now on the mend. So when you get to California in five days it won't be on your mind and you can concentrate on having a great time on your trip to Disney California with your scheduled dis meets and your casual wander around on Saturday. looking forward to seeing some of your photos from your Saturday wander around the original Disney land .Your end to the night with Yehaa Bob and your dis friends must have topped what must have been one of the best ways to celibrate a graduation. Some great photos from the night to remember it.Good that you managed to get your card back way to go for Marv to pick it up for you. This is one of the things that makes Disney great it is still one of the most honest places to lose things ninty nine times out of a hundered you will get the item back.

Hello Again, Stuart!

It's very much an up and down sort of recovery. It seems to change from hour to hour. But, by the time I leave, I do hope she's over this hump and on her way to a pain free recovery. I do VERY much look forward to my little solo time on Saturday, and have the camera ready.

Ahhh, Yehaa Bob. Just good old fashioned fun and I can't think of any better friends to celebrate with. :) And to think, it all started on the DIS!

I was worried about that card, but yes, as with my camera on Day 1, I wasn't tooooo terribly worried about getting it back. But, yes, very glad to have it back in my hands after all that.

Sorry that your mom is in so much pain, but I'm glad that you were able to get there to help out.

There's definitely some other factors going on which exacerbate the pain. Hopefully, come Monday, her primary care MD will be back and we can get some other issues worked out. :) Just keep praying.

The kids just can't hang!

Dissed! LOL! Can't go the distance. ;)

OH. yes.

Yes, I'm making a note of that.

:blush:

I love that his piano rocks.

I KNOW! :lmao: He's so awesome!

One of us must have driven them away. :rolleyes1

Sooooo,

Should I go into the story of how Glennbo ditched me in the Museum of American History?? :lmao::rolleyes1

That's a great picture!

Did you see that Bob was in a car accident back around year-end? He's okay, but had to take a couple of days off. I love that he's wearing his hat in the picture of him in the ambulance! :rotfl2:

I did see that! EEK! Not serious but wowza. And yes, I did see the photos of him with his hat! So funny!

Fun! I really need to go see that show one day!

Hope your mom is doing good.

Hey Carrie. :)

You should. He's a lot of fun for sure!

It's ups and downs right now... Hopefully, by the time I leave on Tuesday, she'll be on the upswing. :)

Liesa, I have a question, my husband does in inkings of animals and I saw some awesome pictures of animals from your trip to animal kingdom. Especially the gorilla would you be opposed to him using one of your pics for a drawing? I will pm you a sample of one of his drawings. Janelle

Hey Janelle!

I am very flattered he'd think my work it worthy of working with. Neat! Of course he can use it for a source. If he goes commercial with it, if he could credit me that'd be fun, but not necessary. :) I'd LOVE to see his work when or if you get a chance. :)

Well, hello, and :welcome::welcome::welcome: , Cindy!!

I'm so, so happy when new folks introduce themselves and join in the banter and have some fun with us!

It was definitely big time fun we had - not just this evening, but all week long! But certainly, this evening was just all-around great fun with extra friends and better than average food and entertainment.

Bob's been around forever at Port Orleans Riverside. It is DEFINITELY FAMILY oriented. NO need to be shy of taking kids there at all. It's all just plain good fun, very clean, but just quirky and goofy enough to make sure the adults have fun too.

I'd love to have you comment regularly and get to know us better. :)

Thanks!! I used to post more in past but there was a troll that it seemed every time I posted...well, I would get what I read as snarky remarks on my threads or posts. It's been a few years so hopefully that person has moved on. Loving your trip report! We've never been to or stayed at Port Orleans but will make the trip next time to see this performer! :thanks: Cindy

Just dropping by to say Aloha and have a great meet up, for you California bound folks. We are out of here tomorrow night!:wave2:

Hey Tammie!

Have an AMAZING time in Hawaii! I know you're going to love it! If you want to post any pictures here, oh, please! Feel free! ;)

Fly safe, my friend.
Thanks!! I used to post more in past but there was a troll that it seemed every time I posted...well, I would get what I read as snarky remarks on my threads or posts. It's been a few years so hopefully that person has moved on. Loving your trip report! We've never been to or stayed at Port Orleans but will make the trip next time to see this performer! :thanks: Cindy

Ahhh, yes, the trolls. Had one pop in here a while back. Best strategy... ignore the snark completely. In fact, I'm pretty sure I blocked that user and reported the post. I poked around and saw other SUPER rude comments s/he had made in other places, so was confident I'd taken care of the problem. But yes, it can be upsetting for sure. :(

But I AM glad you're here! :) Most of us, no, sorry! All of us, are pretty friendly and like to poke a bit of fun at each other. Take it as ribbing amongst friends. :)

I do think you'd love Bob's Show, but do pack your silly to take with you! If you aren't comfortable standing up and doing the Bunny Hop, it may fall flat. I know he's got a couple of CDs out that you can buy to warm up with. ;)

Sorry to hear about your Mom. That sounds very painful poor lady.

What fun sing a long with Bob. I love the photos and goid time with friends.

Great update!

First sorry your mom is in so much pain ,Hope she gets relief soon. Secondly Marv or Bob keeps texting me to rescue him from you picking on him with silly pix , I am going back to find them and have a good laugh !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Good Fun !! But if you recall I was instructed by Marv to wish you happy birthday the first time !! Then he kept it up after we left !! Pat I still have hanging up in the office of the other time we were at Piano Bob's with me you and Carol all dancing !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter