• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

I hate that I never finished my last TR. It grates one me. I've sat down a half dozen times to try to do a "fast blast" finale, and every time I wind up shelving it. I've been back again since that trip, and there is a good chance we will be back next year. But alas, the days have gotten crazy. Life with 2 teenagers who have evening activities keeps me running. But every time I find myself frustrated at having to run from cheer to band to gymnastics to church to whatever school event happens to be going on that night, I remind myself that in a few short years, I won't have anyone left at home who needs running around and suddenly I don't mind so much. I figure once the girls are in college, my DIS time will be back where it once was. Maybe then I can do another multi-trip report.

I get that! I really do. I will miss the happy, noisy chatter as well when the last of mine leave; kinda an end of an era so to speak. I see your crazy lifestyle on FB and wonder how you keep up!

LOVE these shots! Well done!

Thanks, GB!

That does look tasty. But I definitely would leave hungry. I agree on the added gratuity angst. It does irritate me when Disney does that. And 210 and change seems awfully pricey for the portions you got.

Luckily I used my Disney Visa rewards to pay that one entirely. That felt good! But yehup, should left FULL up for that amount of dough.

Wow what a fabulous time in Flying Fish. Sorry they were late but they made up for it! That menu. Your cheese looks great.

I love all those entrees. I adore fish. Free dessert yeah. Lovely photos. Congrats tonight on your graduation! Great way to celebrate.

Thanks, Polly! The place does have it's good points, but enough lacking to make me not in a huge hurry to return. The food was pretty good all-around for sure, just not enough of it. And that's coming from a teeny-tiny eater.

Flying Fish - looks delicious, but, man, those portion sizes! And those portion sizes, at those prices! Looks like you enjoyed yourselves, at least!

We sure did! It was a fun group of friends and family who had a really nice time. :)

You have to put Yachtsman on the list the next time you make it to DW. The Yachtsman and Tiffins were the 2 best meals of our trip.

You have to put Yachtsman on the list the next time you make it to DW. The Yachtsman and Tiffins were the 2 best meals of our trip.

Oh! Well, then! That's very good to know! Tiffin's IS on my list as a FOR SURE, since it's so new and fresh. Thanks for the info :)

I was lurking in my room waiting for the appointed time...not wanting to be too early and seem over-eager, not wanting to be late....boy, first dates are tough! :-)
But wasn't it OUR second date??? :rolleyes1

And truth be told - I think I still owe Marv for the drink. :scared: If I recall we realized it was time for our reservation, so while we hurried next door to check in, Marv waited for our server and settled up the bill.
Drink plus tip plus interest plus handling charge...........I think that works out to $127.43! But hey, Pat reminded me about the wonderful chips you brought us, so let's just call it even! :thumbsup2

It was ridiculous fun.
You were ridiculous....I was just FUN! :angel:

I like to do that too! :) Variety is the way to go!
Who am I to argue....... :D

Drink plus tip plus interest plus handling charge...........I think that works out to $127.43! But hey, Pat reminded me about the wonderful chips you brought us, so let's just call it even! :thumbsup2

Awww, you so nice!

BTW, Tanya, your chips were joyfully consumed! ;)

You were ridiculous....I was just FUN! :angel:

The update goes up Tuesday.

We'll let the readers judge.....

(too bad you have no photographic evidence of any riduculousnesses.)

Who am I to argue....... :D

Well, you could argue with me. But that would be pointless.

Last edited:

I am playing catch up so that I can start my next trip report so trying to keep my responses brief, but that doesn't seem to be working!

Yes! Time to celebrate getting that degree and finding a pretty awesome job! I don't know about you, but when I think of celebrating, great food, tasty cocktails, amazing friends, and top notch entertainment all come to mind. So that's the kind of party I planned.

Sounds like a great idea!

Once upon a time, a recent Nursing Graduate forgot to turn her paperwork in to walk her Grad Ceremony. The end.

Oops!

Let's take a gander at our Party Crew and their view as they sat together enjoying a simply delicious time together:

Looks like a great group of folks!

It's pretty cool, as the drink arrives purple and when the syrup is added tableside, it turns pink, as you see here.

Interesting, our server made ours change and we had a different glass.

Soon it was time to check in here:

They have removed the "G" from "flying" and the whole "Cafe". I didn't notice that a couple weeks ago.

A side discussion I'd love to have with you: What's the one place that's at the top of your Not-Yet-Tried-At-Disney List? I'm very curious what it is and WHY you haven't been there yet?

Part of the reason I have been holding back in responding was this question. I really couldn't think of a place and then I realized that the Kona Cafe is one place we haven't tried, but I still would like to. Not sure why we haven't tried it, I guess there are just so many others that we like. Otherwise, we have been to most of the places at WDW that are on our list. Oh yeah, Captain's Grille at Yachtsman, that's another I would like to try someday.

Chef Art Smiths? I've never even heard of that. Uhhh?

Once I get to the end of my next TR, I'll cover that one. @Captain_Oblivious is right they have Fried Chicken and donuts as an entree, we didn't get that, but I won't spoil it. I have four more TRs to catch up on and then I can start my new one!

Perhaps it was because we had told them it was for a celebration, I don't know, but when we were seated.... right in front of the Show Kitchen, we knew we were in for a special evening.

How totally cool! For me this would have been the "show" for the evening!

In fact, the manager himself congratulated me on my graduation, and offered to take a photo from INSIDE the Kitchen of our happy group:

Nice photo of you all!

Properly bedecked, it was time for a portrait.

Love that portrait!

Not soon enough to be able to make our next destination on time, our entrees arrived.

Well bummer that it took so long and too bad they weren't as big as you expected.

Mine, was fantastic! Just excellent. This WAS enough for me, but perhaps only because I'd eaten a crapton of cheese. I loved it a lot and thought the little antennae were absolutely adorable on the prawn.

That looks like a nice sized entree, only because we order a crapton of appetizers. In fact they have a pork belly that I would have loved to order if we had joined you!

Hey, it was free, so I ain't complainin'.

Free = Good! :thumbsup2

dining and dashing is generally frowned upon at Disney and well... anywhere else. (@franandaj , this includes Vic and Al's ;) )

:rolleyes1

Thanks, Disney, I might have given 20% or even more, but something rubs me the wrong way when I'm FORCED to give something that should be freely and generously given if deserved or I'm moved to. Ah well, it was already totaled, too bad, so sad.

Yeah but when you enter into the TIW contract they do that for the server so that they are tipped at the rate before discount. I'm surprised at how little people value their servers and don't leave enough tip. Often times (like when they automatically add a gratuity for large parties) we will do the same thing, but with TIW we almost always add something. DCL does this on alcoholic & specialty coffee beverage charges and I ended up getting a nice benefit because I added extra to the included tip at the coffee bar, but that is a story to come!

I am playing catch up so that I can start my next trip report so trying to keep my responses brief, but that doesn't seem to be working!

Oh, God..........

'nuff said.

How totally cool! For me this would have been the "show" for the evening!

::yes::
Had a nice table like that on my 40th birthday. It was absolutely great.
Well.... until the disastrous ending.

Oh, God..........

'nuff said.

::yes::
Had a nice table like that on my 40th birthday. It was absolutely great.
Well.... until the disastrous ending.
No one posts something like that on a thread and then doesn't tell the story. Best start typing now.

Last edited:
Looooong story (that I'm not getting into. You and Alison can ask me next week.)

Upshot is, fancy restaurant, wonderful food, great "show" (watching the chefs and sous-chefs)
I get served dessert at the end. one has a meringue. Obviously just out of the oven... mmmmm.... a whisp of smoke still curling up from the peak of the meringue.
:laughing: It almost looked like a little worm wiggling there!

It really looks like a little worm.

It really looks like a worm.....

In retrospect, I suppose I should be happy that it was on top and not buried inside where I'd not notice it until I'd taken a mouthful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter