Abby and Tony's PJ ~ November 23rd, 2009!

Willow1213

DIS Veteran
I am very excited to announce that we are getting married at Disney World!
I am new to Disney weddings since we were just engaged last month.

A little back story about us!

Me - Abby (22) - College senior majoring in Business at a very tough school, the Georgia Institute of Technology (aka Georgia Tech). I love my school and the marching band (8 years now), but I have found school and work and extracurricular activities to be too much for me to handle. So next year I will forgo the band to work hard and save more money for our wedding

The groom - DF Tony (22) - Also a college senior majoring in Mathematics. His dream in life is to teach high school math. He currently tutors students of all ages (5th grade - college calculus). He loves it, but it's not exactly great money during the summer. Next fall (09) he will begin teaching at one of the local high schools.

How we met - Tony and I are high school sweethearts. We began dating as Freshman in high school and have been together ever since. We met as members of the marching band. Well, sort of. We were both "alternates" meaning we were benched. So for 6 weeks we sat at the side of the field and chatted and got to know one another better. We still go back to the high school every once and a while and look at "our bench". The band brought us lots of opportunities to travel the country. We have 2 trips to Disney World and 1 to Disneyland (1 day each), marched in the Rose Bowl parade, won a national championship (yes, for marching band), gone to college and done the bowl trips, traveled with the basketball team to the Windy City, and it's been a great ride. We're sad to see those days end, but it just means we have to start paying for the trips by ourselves!

Top.jpg

Here is a picture of us experiencing the magic of Disney together for the first time. This was taken on a band trip in December of 2000 at Disneyland.

image0124.jpg

7 years later, here we are on our 3rd trip together to Disney World.

On May 10th, 2008 we were engaged during Wishes in the Magic Kingdom. We knew we wanted a Disney wedding. The trick was going to be convincing his parents.

Well, last week we set the date, our 9 year anniversary, November 23rd 2009, as our wedding date. We are very excited to begin planning this wedding together. We have very little details right now other than the date, but I will post more later on when we know more!

Thanks for reading guys, any input on how to make this day special for us and our family will be greatly appreciated!

~Abby & Tony

Love your story, but I'm very sad to hear your dropping band your senior year! I'm a little biased because I'm a band director, but I think you should reconsider unless your planning on doing drum corps, this is your very last oppurtunity to do it!! (I can't help it, it's like band recruiting is in my DNA now!:rotfl2: ) Sorry for the speech!! What do you play? Good luck with your planning!!

Love your story, but I'm very sad to hear your dropping band your senior year! I'm a little biased because I'm a band director, but I think you should reconsider unless your planning on doing drum corps, this is your very last oppurtunity to do it!! (I can't help it, it's like band recruiting is in my DNA now!:rotfl2: ) Sorry for the speech!! What do you play? Good luck with your planning!!

Thanks for the response. It took a long time for me to finally realize I couldn't march this year. It was either work or band. I love the band and I am really going to hate missing out on the 100th Anniversary of Bands at Tech and marching in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I play flute and piccolo and Tony plays lead trumpet. The band will sure miss him next year too (he blew out his knee after 8 years of marching!)
I have a really great job that I have managed to keep for over a year now and the money is great. Just when the decision was getting tough, my work gave me a really big raise! Ugh, so no band next year so that we can have a nice Disney wedding and save up to buy a house too!

Ok guys,

We are currently working on talking to some members of our family about whether they will be able to attend or not. Having only 18 guests makes it really hard to decide! We are doing a sort of verbal invite, just to see who says they can make it. I am trying to get an idea so I can jump on DVC reservations at the 11 month mark as well!

Also, a quick question... Do the 4 room nights for the Escape package have to be for the couple or can it be for someone else? Also, is there any kind of discount available?

We are making a sort of preliminary proposal to present to my df parents since they have no idea what a Disney wedding entails. We plan on showing them some of Randy's photos (we have already decided we want him!) and giving them some idea of cost. They have not been to Disney ... well, ever I think. My df went only once as a kid, and his grandparents took him. We're concerned what they will say about our guests having to pay for their own travel so they will need to know about how much it will cost.

Sorry to get so long winded, but this is a lot or info to process so quickly! Thanks for reading!

~Abby

Awwwwwwwwwww what a cute couple! Nice story too...November is such a great time at WDW! The weather is sooooo nice...PERFECT for a wedding::yes:: . Best of luck and keep us updated;) :hyper: popcorn::

Great Story! I must say, when your first picture scrolled up I was shocked at how young this new Disney couple was!

Then I finished the story! Phew!

You guys were so cute, and what history to draw on!

So exciting for you, and can't wait to share your journey with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter