AAARG!!! Booking Delta Online - Good News!!!!! UPDATE

clkelley

<font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo
Well my airfare for the May trip dropped to what I am willing to pay. $158 from HSV to MCO direct flights. So, I get ready to book, then I punch in the four of us, and OOPS, the fare goes up to 228 each. OUCH. I try two people, 158, three people, 158, the jump only happens at 4 people!!!

I piddled around, and found an alternate flight that leaves at 5:30 in the morning changing planes and gets there about 30 minutes before the direct flight that is 160. Don't want to change planes in Atlanta with the ECV, just too much hassle. I would be willing to take that flight and let the rest of the family take the direct.

Now my problem is I can no longer book that combination online!!! Credit card is in my name only. GRRRRR

Just blowing off steam, thanks for listening.

Carol

WOW - I was able to book online!! Delta.com has changed its rules about third party credit card bookings. I booked hubby and the boys on the direct flight using my CC and it went through just fine!! I then booked myself on the earlier flight with connections. I'll spend some more time traveling and will have to slug through Atlanta, but then I'm the early bird and the most experienced traveler of the four of us. Also, I just did not want to take the chance of changing planes in Atlanta with the ECV. We are all on the same flight going home. This will mean two cars parked at the airport, but still less money than the $228 for the tickets.

Carol, i sympathize with you. This sounds much like the same thing that happened to me when booking our flights in late 2003 for July 2004. I found that it appears that Delta changes things around on the weekend but this isn't concrete though. Most of the changes i have seen have been done this way though.

I kept on searching their fares and when i noticed activity over the weekend, i went ahead and booked at the price i thought was affordable. Since then the fares have just gone up.

clkelley, this won't help you now since you've already booked your tickets. but for others and the future, this is what we did. We had that problem booking on Delta from New Orleans to Orlando May 20-May 24, 2 tickets were $142.70 each, but 3 tickets and it went up to $155.70 each. Not a huge difference like yours, but enough that we didn't want to pay it. So we booked the 2 tickets at the $142 price, then booked the 3rd ticket separately at the $155 price. Then we kept checking the Delta website everyday and this weekend (we booked in late January) the price went down to $142.70 again so we called Delta and got a $13 credit voucher good for travel through next January. That way everyone was on the same flight and, eventually, for the same price.

I actually tried booking on the same flight after I had purchased their tickets, but my ticket on the same flight would have been 224. That is a $75 difference!!

I got the earlier flight for $160.

We have also figured out how to avoid two cars parked at the airport. I'm going to take the truck with all of the luggage and ECV in it on to the airport when I go, then a family member has agreed to pick up hubby and boys for their flight. They can then walk to parking and retrieve their luggage and the ECV from the truck and get checked in and on their way.

This morning, the rate for the direct flight has gone up to $260, and the rate for my earlier flight has gone up to $210, so we have gotten a good deal.

I will obviously keep watching for price drops and get vouchers for any difference, as we plan to return in September.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!