Aaaargh!! The Christmas carols have arrived!!

eliza61

DIS Veteran
I'm at work and the local station has switched over to all christmas carols. It's not even 11:00 oclock and I've heard Paul Mccartney's "wonderful christmas time" twice already.

I am doomed!!

;):lmao:

Gee, you started late. Due to work, I cross the broadcast area for 2 1/2 stations, one of which started the 8th, the 2nd started a week ago. The 1/2 is a station that at least 3 of the regular stations created to compet w/the traditional station. It's a low wattage station that will be gone the 26th.

As for the songs, it seems like this is the year of the myriad versions of "Baby, It's Cold Outside". I think I've heard at least 6 different versions.

Atleast your getting to listen to them. We don't have piped in music here, if you want it you have to have a radio in your office.

And steaming on line is a HUGE NO NO. While everybody upstairs has multipule channels they can tune in, us basement dwellers are left with 1 - ONE - measly station that comes in clear. And guess what they don't broadcast live anymore. Christmas songs. Starting last year, they only do Christmas via their internet feed.

I want my Christmas music!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at work and the local station has switched over to all christmas carols. It's not even 11:00 oclock and I've heard Paul Mccartney's "wonderful christmas time" twice already.

I am doomed!!

I was listening on the way to work today. I love Christmas music but that song grates on me. Heard it already.

I think Sirius XM started last week. Ugh. Between the ridiculously early Christmas carols, the pre-pre-pre Black Friday Sales, the crazed mobs in the stores and the decorations up in the middle of October in some places, the Christmas season becomes longer and more unpleasant every year. My very favorite day of the holiday season is New Years Day, because that means it's finally all over.

Can anyone tell me why, with hundreds of years of songs from which to draw, we still wind up with basically 20-30 songs that get played incessantly?

I looooooove Christmas music and each year I want to get here sooner and sooner, I also love the Christmas decorations and music in every store I go to. I'm a sucker for everything Christmas!

We are late as well here. I was just asking my DH if anyone was playing christmas music. I remember last year they started really early. But not yet this year.

I'm right with you Eliza. No Christmas music for me until after Thursday. I don't listen to the radio for music ever so it isn't that hard for me to avoid. I only listen to my MP3 player in the car or talk radio/podcasts at work.

My Christmas tree goes up sometime in December and comes down sometime in December. It is never up in either November or January. I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday, but I don't need it to bleed over into other months.

I looove christmas, I love everything about christmas. But the music is just too much. They play it too early, and they repeat the same song over and over. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shop quite a bit and hear the same songs frequently in each store. I think thats what turned me off from music, hearing it so often while shopping. I will listen to xmas music on xmas day, BUT THATS IT. I do listen to the radio in my car on my way to work, but as soon as an xmas song comes on, I change the station.

My Christmas tree goes up sometime in December and comes down sometime in December. It is never up in either November or January. I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday, but I don't need it to bleed over into other months.
YUP! This is me too. Only i take my tree down on boxing day, or the 27th. Lol. I dont see the point of leaving the tree up when christmas has past.

I think Sirius XM started last week. Ugh. Between the ridiculously early Christmas carols, the pre-pre-pre Black Friday Sales, the crazed mobs in the stores and the decorations up in the middle of October in some places, the Christmas season becomes longer and more unpleasant every year. My very favorite day of the holiday season is New Years Day, because that means it's finally all over.
:lmao:

Can anyone tell me why, with hundreds of years of songs from which to draw, we still wind up with basically 20-30 songs that get played incessantly?

Seriously. I found a station in Detroit on iHeart that seems to have more variety. Better than our local station!

I love christmas music. We don't 'overdo' christmas IRL (not a big family, not big shoppers, not big stress people) so I love me my christmas music time!

I looove christmas, I love everything about christmas. But the music is just too much. They play it too early, and they repeat the same song over and over. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shop quite a bit and hear the same songs frequently in each store. I think thats what turned me off from music, hearing it so often while shopping. I will listen to xmas music on xmas day, BUT THATS IT. I do listen to the radio in my car on my way to work, but as soon as an xmas song comes on, I change the station.

Yep, that's me, too. I'll listen to it on Christmas Day, maybe Christmas Eve. But WHY must I hear those same 20 songs everywhere I go, every time I leave the house, in the car, in the gas station, in the supermarket, in the dentist's office, and in the malls, which are enough of a nightmare this time of year without having to listen to Justin Bieber mangle a Christmas carol in every store. :rotfl:

I am doomed!!

Our station started about a week and a half ago. I started listening over the weekend.

I am off work this week and love listening to the carols while I cook and clean getting ready for the holidays. It just gets me in the spirit knowing Thanksgiving is coming up and then we move into Christmas. It is my favorite time of year.

However, I wish they would stop playing the "shoes for Mama who is meeting Jesus tonight" song. I am trying to shampoo carpets and can't get much done while I am blubbering.

However, I wish they would stop playing the "shoes for Mama who is meeting Jesus tonight" song. I am trying to shampoo carpets and can't get much done while I am blubbering.

DW, is that you??? ;)

DS and I play this whenever we can at home, just so we can laugh at DW trying not to blubber. Yes, we are sadistic, I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter