AAA Members, 2002 cruises, Free Mugs/Soda on cruises

rcdisneyfam

DIS Veteran
Read in the AAA advertisement paper and our AAA Travel Agent called to tell us that all AAA members will get mugs for soda refills free as a perk for being a AAA member. Sounds great to us.

please say this is true!!!! Is this offer for one per family, or everyone? Do you have to book the trip through AAA to be eligible?

Wow! I have the same question as LoveThat Mouse...do you have to book through them, or just be a memeber?

I believe you need to be booked through AAA, at least that is what the AAA newspaper said and our travel agent called to tell us we were eligible for it. Don't know if it is 1 mug per person in the room or not.

We booked through AAA and received a $100. discount (origionally we booked direct with DCL, AAA agent just "transfered" the reservation, gave us the $100 discount, plus got us $1500 off for the SunShine Sail-a-way! Love our TA).
The documentation from AAA says each member of our party gets a soda mug.

LucyK

oh well, we didn't book through AAA, so I guess the free mugs are a bust :(

Booked through AAA, and we also get a hundred dollar ship board credit, as well as some discount card for one of the shops on board, and a seventy five dollar rebate once travel begins...

Anyone know if this is limited to certain travel times? I am thinking of booking a cruise for next Jan.

I saw this article in the AAA Magazine and asked my TA if we would receive mugs even though we booked back in June. She said she believed we could. Are these mugs going to be in our staterooms when we arrive or does the TA give them to us before the cruise? If we don't receive them until we board the ship I wonder if my docs from AAA will have to state that we will be getting the free mugs.

Patty

:earsgirl:

I got my tickets for the Jan 19 7 day cruise and in the package of ticket stuff (what IS the proper name!? lol) there is a page for the free mug.
I am thrilled to get that. With 5 people and all soda drinkers, it can get really expensive.
I don't think you use them for dinner, though. RIght?

The proper name is documents or as the DISers call them docs. lol. I can't wait to get mine. You must be so excited! I don't think you'll need the mug for dinner because the sodas are free there. Unfortunately liquor drinks aren't free. When I see my TA I'm going to make sure she contacted DCL so I get these mugs. My husband drinks tons of soda so it will definately be worth it.

Patty
:earsgirl:

Soda isn't free on this cruise?

This is only my second cruise and the first one was all inclusive.
That meant everything!

So this soda mug post has me confused?
You get free soda at dinner but not throughout the day?
Why?
I could see liquor not being free.
But Juice, milk, soda? Or am I reading this wrong.
Thanks! Kathy

TinkerKat,

We really didn't notice the charge for the soda all that much but I guess because we were newbies too. You get your soda at mealtime and it is of no charge. Off mealtimes you can get beverages at a cost and even find a water cooler on the top deck at no charge. We found it helpful to keep hydrated w/water at first. We sent an email to our TA to ask about mugs for all 11 of us. We're wondering what the outcome will be. I'll post tomorrow with our response.

Keep those perks coming!!!!

Thank rcdisneyfam for sharing your perk with us!!

Kim

She indicated that the mugs and the discount card would be in our stateroom on the day we arrive...

TinkerKat, milk and juice are free. It's just soda that you have to pay for (and only when it's not at a meal in the main diningrooms). Coffee and tea are always free, too. You can get these beverages from room service, and some of them are available at the drink station on deck 9.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Glad to hear this thread is getting some attention. We have 12 people sailing on June 22 cruise, 7 day to the Western Caribbean, our 3rd cruise, not as many as "Inkognito", though, and having that page in the documents book will be great. We have 2 teens in our family and 4 more teens with the two other families going with us, you know how those teens like their soda. Although, we are "Pepsi" drinkers, DH works for Pepsi here, we will drink plenty of soda anyway and knowing it is included in our cruise package is a plus. Glad to hear everyone is thrilled about this "Perk"!!!

I booked my 8/31/02 cruise directly thru DCL using the recent rebooking offer that ended on 12/5. Since I have AAA they said I can transfer my reservation to AAA which will entitle me to the 4 free soda mugs - great deal. Plus they said I will still keep my fantastic rate, onboard credit and CC gift. This is a great deal - It will save us from lugging our own soda this time. Now there more room for the "adult beverages"!!!

Im off to AAA Travel Agency in the morning

Ginny

9/1/01 Eastern Magic
8/31/02 Western Magic

Thanks Barb, for clearing it up. So here's the other question
if you aren't entitled to free soda mug.. what is the cost for the refillable one?
6 days and counting!

Kathy

The mugs are $5 per day. On a 7 day cruise, they're $35. You don't get a discounted rate for buying later in the cruise, however. It's $35 no matter what day you buy it.

Hope this helps,
Julie

We called our TA @ AAA today and she said we ALL get a mug. Even though we booked last December she said we qualify. That means all 11 of are getting the mugs!!! Add up that savings and the fact we all get a souvenier!!! Yipee. 38 days and counting.

Kim ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!