AAA cancellation policy

MickeyHereWeCome!

DIS Veteran
Hi! I think I'm going to make an AAA reservation as soon as I join in a few weeks.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the cancellation policy, if going through AAA. Do I still have until 45 days to cancel or change without a charge?

Thanks....you are a wealth of knowledge here:-).

This is from my AAA papers on my WDW pkg. info that I alrady booked.
"Cancellation policy: If package is cancelled 44 to 6 days prior to arrival there is a cancellation fee of $100.00 per package. For cancellations made 5 days or less to arrival there is a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package plus any fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers. No refund will be given to no-shows."

If you book a package through AAA as your travel agent, you are subject to more strict cancellation policies such as at least 45 days before departure to get a full refund.

If you book a room-only reservation directly with Disney using the AAA rate code (rooms at this rate are limited) you are subject only to the 5 or so day cancellation limit.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

There was another note right under the cancellation part where it listed disneys standard package policy that stated AAA charges 25 per person for cancellations. And another part that showed a 50 change fee for changes that effected price (is this Disney or AAA?)

Thanks for the replies. If we're talking maybe a 15% discount for rooms thru AAA, I have to decide if it's worth it to wait and see if I can do better waiting for a regular Disney discount. I was hoping I could book through AAA, and cancel or change the plans if something better came along. I requested a AAA quote online last night, so I guess I can't make any decisions until I know the price for sure.

Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.....but FUN decisions :scratchin

HI. I just had to deal with this sitation with one of my guests. AAA policy is the same if you are not within that 45 day mark - no fees, full refund. If you are within that 45 day mark then the fees kick in. They do not like to loose their reservations. Just be sure that you know when that 45 day mark is. If you make your reservation with AAA, mark that day in red on your calendar. Make any changes before then and you should be fine.

Disney usually beats the AAA special at some point with their own promotions. The trick is if the Disney specials come out for the dates you need. The AAA packages are pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter