A Yogi Drags Her Dude Back to Disney! Day 6 Finished!(4/22)

I love J's shirts! Both of them! :laughing:

The picture of you with the coffee in Kona is so cute!

Sorry about the dumpster view! How did you like WL? I never stayed in the villas but I've stayed in the regular building. LOVED it. The villa rooms look way different than the regular rooms.

Did you remember to rub Humphrey's nose???

You had a busy first full day! Sorry about the dumpster room :(. That is good they were able to switch you. Kona looked so good. We just changed our ADR that we had for Kona breakfast to Crystal Palace. I know one is a buffet and the other is just order off the menu but what did you think was better? 1900 Park Fare looked so good! We ate there for breakfast in February and loved the breakfast buffet! Can't wait to hear about AK next!

It was super busy! But you're always having too much to notice how tired you are! :laughing:

I was so happy they switched us! The view of the room wasn't bad, I was just really worried about the late-night trash pick up. Beep! Beep! Beep! :eek:

I loved both CP and Kona! I guess if I had to pick for quality and taste, I'd pick Kona (and atmosphere, the Poly is soooo pretty! :cloud9:). But if you're on the dining plan and want value (and you really want to see the characters), I'd say CP. It's the same breakfast fare at most buffets. All really good, but nothing too different.

Thanks for reading!!

I love J's shirts! Both of them! :laughing:

The picture of you with the coffee in Kona is so cute!

Sorry about the dumpster view! How did you like WL? I never stayed in the villas but I've stayed in the regular building. LOVED it. The villa rooms look way different than the regular rooms.

Did you remember to rub Humphrey's nose???

Thanks! I picked those shirts for him. He usually won't wear Disney shirts except at Disney, but he Loved that Donald shirt!

Thank you! I turned on the camera smile for every posed shot (I have the same head-tilt thing going on in several pictures :lmao:).

The WL was really beautiful! I would LOVE to see it during the holidays! It was a little weird to be separated from the main building at first, but we got used to it. Then I actually liked being apart, kind of more secluded like you're in a cabin in the woods.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! I totally forgot!!:guilty: That means I have to go back and rub his nose! Like ASAP! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading!!

I'm joining! :wave2:

Love the fact that J kept the pixie dust in his hair for a while. I also love his "I'm on a boat" shirt. Priceless.

Can't wait to hear more.

I'm joining! :wave2:

Love the fact that J kept the pixie dust in his hair for a while. I also love his "I'm on a boat" shirt. Priceless.

Can't wait to hear more.

:welcome: aboard!

J was a great sport, but he was adamant about taking a shower when we got back to the hotel, saying "There's glitter stuff all over me!" :lmao: That shirt was so perfect!

Thanks for reading!!

I'm off to read your PTR!!

oh my goodness, this summer flew by... I can't believe your trip came & went and I didn't even realize. I'm catching up now! Your first day sounded awesome. Our first TS meal was Boma was well, at our first night at AKL (although our day wasn't as fun as yours LOL) Can't wait to read about your dad at MK!

oh my goodness, this summer flew by... I can't believe your trip came & went and I didn't even realize. I'm catching up now! Your first day sounded awesome. Our first TS meal was Boma was well, at our first night at AKL (although our day wasn't as fun as yours LOL) Can't wait to read about your dad at MK!

:welcome: aboard!

I know! I think the summer just flew by for most people! So crazy!

I really hope to try Boma again! It was sooooo yummy! Just got to be sure to not have a late lunch next time.. ;)

I promise to try and post today! This weekend has been beyond busy!! I started teaching yoga yesterday (yes, my first class! :woohoo:), but my whole day was filled with activities. Whew! I'm actually going to teach another class here in about two hours then another one this evening. But I'll try to get an update in before then!

Thanks for reading!!

I am such a bad person, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in weeks now! I hope I still have some followers. No excuses, but this working two jobs thing along with being a mommy is killer!

Anyway, on to day 3!

The alarm actually woke us up this morning at 6am (shame, shame). We each had a Pop Tart in the room while we got ready and grabbed some coffee in Roaring Forks with our mugs (coffee is life-saving for us some mornings) and made it to the bus stop by 7:30. I think we waited for a few minutes before a bus arrived. Then we were on our way to Animal Kingdom!
149.jpg

We made it to the gate by 8am, so no Opening Gate for us. No worries, we headed straight to Expedition Everest! I quickly grabbed a couple of Fast Passes then we jumped in line, but there was seriously no wait! :lmao: We rode it once and LOVED it! J was so excited about seeing how I would like it! We enjoyed it so much, why not ride it again? Both times I think we waited maybe 10 minutes.

At this point I should let you know that in my older years I’ve discovered that my head and stomach can’t handle thrill rides like when I was younger. To better prepare myself I packed some Dramamine and took a dose most mornings we were there (I’ll let you know the day I didn’t and you’ll see why it’s a necessity for me from now on). Anyway, J for some reason felt inclined to take a dose with me. He never complained about feeling sick from thrill rides, so why would he want to take one? :confused3 After two rounds on EE, J then tells me he doesn’t feel so hot. So no 3rd time on EE for us at this point. We walked around towards Dinoland USA and found a souvenir shop to go into for some AC. J then tells me he’s going to sit down for a bit right outside. I think the amount food we consumed the night before(along with a few adult beverages) and the Dramamine probably aided in him not feeling so well. I felt so bad for him! Being sick at your stomach and head is not cool, especially at Disney! J bought himself a Gatorade in hopes of helping him feel better. When it didn’t do the trick immediately, I bought him some Tums. Note to self: Taking meds on vacation does one no good if they’re all in your hotel room! :headache:

After J took a few Tums, he finally felt better. We walked around and found a yoga shot opportunity!
131.jpg

Before we headed out of Dinoland I grabbed us a few FPs for Dinosaur. J didn’t look so confident about going on another thrill ride, we’ll wait and see how he feels later. We wondered through AK and decided to stop off at It’s Tough To Be a Bug.
132.jpg

We enjoyed this last time and liked it again. Those darn bugs on your behind get me every time! After that we wondered over to Camp Minnie. I was determined to see one live show while we here. The times of the Lion King seemed to work out best. We got in and saw the first showing of the day. I have to say this show was INCREDIBLE!! The music, the dance, the acrobats, everything was wonderful!! I can’t wait to see this one again.

This was the only "decent" shot I got of the show, sorry about that...
135.jpg

Once we left we hiked over and got FPs for the Safari. Keep in mind the whole week we were at Disney the weather was very accommodating! We left 100+ degree with no rain in Texas for high 70’s and rain!!

It was now 11am and we were both starving! A Pop Tart and coffee just doesn’t hold ya over like it did in high school. We were back over in Dinoland and decided Restaurantosaurus sounded good. J ordered a cheeseburger with water and a chocolate moose. I got the salad with water and the other dessert, I think it was a fruit moose/cheesecake thing. Naturally we split everything. The food here was really good (either that or we were too hungry to notice), I would definitely go back.
137.jpg

136.jpg

Once we inhaled our lunch, we walked back over to the Safari and hoped on our adventure! The driver we had was great! Very witty sense of humor! I'll share just a couple of pictures!
138.jpg

139.jpg

142.jpg

How sad does this guy look?!
141.jpg

It started to rain as we were finishing up the safari. Our driver offered areas to hide out the rain. Or suggested we could just continue walking cause it is just water.

By this point we were both ddrrrraaagggiiinnnngggg. We walked back towards EE, enjoying the scenery. I looked at J and he was NOT looking like he was ready for another thrill ride. I gave our FPs to a couple of young guys, hope they got to ride since the ride was temporarily shut down. We walked passed Dinosaur and J said he really didn’t want to go on a rollercoaster style ride. The CM told us what to expect, so we got in line with our FPs! The ride was a lot of fun!! There were some teenage girls in front of us that screamed the entire time! Hilarious!
We said goodbye to Animal Kingdom and headed back to VWL for some r&r. I think we both needed a nap at this point!
I'm so sorry for the short post! I promise to update again this week!!

Up next: Dinner at Garden Grill. Stop off at Magic Kingdom…again!!

No worries on not updating, I'm sure you'll still have some followers. ;)

Ugh, there is nothing worse than not feeling very well at Disney World. Especially head and stomach issues.

I love It's Tough to be a Bug. I've been to that attraction so many times, and the last visit is the very first time I let myself get "stung". Kind of a pansy, I know. :rotfl:

I'm still here!

I'm at work so I can't see the pictures boo! :( But I read everything! Sorry to hear J wasn't feeling well. It stinks to feel sick in Disney!

I love Restaurantsaurus! We ate their last yr and enjoyed it. I think that's my go-to CS spot in AK.

I think Dinosaur has possibly the best photo op in all of WDW! :rotfl:

Im enjoying reading about your trip so far and looking forward to more updates!

both your resorts sound great, how lucky you got the room change!:cloud9:

Has it really been over a month?!?!?!?! :scared1: I am soooooo sorry! Life has been crazy! And I can't even post right now because J has the computer with the pictures on it! :headache::guilty: Geez! I should be able to post tonight before my class (hopefully). So to all my faithful followers, Ttttthhhhaaannnkkkk yyyyyooooouuuu!! And know that I haven't deserted you all! I will finish this TR! :laughing:

No worries on not updating, I'm sure you'll still have some followers. ;)

Ugh, there is nothing worse than not feeling very well at Disney World. Especially head and stomach issues.

I love It's Tough to be a Bug. I've been to that attraction so many times, and the last visit is the very first time I let myself get "stung". Kind of a pansy, I know. :rotfl:

Thanks so much!! And I promise to check out your PTR! I haven't been able to check things out on the DIS lately due to life getting in the way!

Every time I feel like one or both of us feel yucky at one point while at Disney. It probably has something to do with all the excitement combined with the toll on our diet...oh well...

It's Tough to be a Bug will probably get me every time! That darn thing on your butt just freaks me out!! :laughing:

I'm still here!

I'm at work so I can't see the pictures boo! :( But I read everything! Sorry to hear J wasn't feeling well. It stinks to feel sick in Disney!

I love Restaurantsaurus! We ate their last yr and enjoyed it. I think that's my go-to CS spot in AK.

I think Dinosaur has possibly the best photo op in all of WDW! :rotfl:

Yay Jenny! Thanks for sticking it out!

J did end up feeling better, of course I will not feel great at another point of the trip.

Restaurantasaurus was awesome!! I can't wait to go back there....or try Flame Tree BBQ....:idea:

Im enjoying reading about your trip so far and looking forward to more updates!

both your resorts sound great, how lucky you got the room change!:cloud9:

Thanks so much for reading along!! Hope things are going well for you across the pond!

Both resorts really were beautiful! And I did love being able to stay at two different places with the split stay! I highly recommend you try it, at least once!

So here it is, another week has gone by with no updates…until now!!

We left off with J and I leaving AK and heading back to our room to recover from an early morning and some head/stomach aches. I think I took about an hour nap and J laid around and read. I finally got up and prettied myself up for dinner! We were out the door and headed to Epcot around 5:15pm. We arrived with some time to spare so we hopped on Spaceship Earth.
SQUEESH!!
222.jpg

I know some people find this ride boring, but I really do love it! J and I both have history back grounds, so no surprise that ride hits up both in the shorts :laughing:

Afterward I thought we’d wander over to Test Track to see if there were any FPs left. Duh, Amanda. Noooooo. :headache:

We headed back over towards the Land Pavilion and had about 20 minutes to spare, so we decided to ride “Living with the Land.” J had never been on it before and the last time I rode it was probably in 1995! It really is cool to see how crops are produced at Disney and knowing the food is used on property. We followed it up with our yummy (and fun!) meal at Garden Grill!
151.jpg

Side note, we saw this guy after the ride that had some tall hair. Here is a crummy picture, but you really have no idea how tall his hair really was! Add in the outfit and I felt a flashback to the 80’s!
150.jpg

Onto our meal at Garden Grill. Typical fare from last time with a few changes: salad (with some minor differences, but still really yummy!), beef, halibut, turkey, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, bread (soooo good with the butter!), and peach cobbler.
152.jpg

155.jpg

153.jpg

159.jpg

I think my favorites in order were the fish, beef, then the turkey (I’m always a sucker for mashed potatoes!). J loved the beef the most. Neither of us are too crazy about peach cobbler anyway, so it did disappoint a little bit.
And of course we have to include some character shots!!
Are you hungry, Chip? Sure, have some salad!!
154.jpg

158.jpg

157.jpg

And one of my favorites from the trip, Pluto and I doing "Downward Facing Dog" yoga pose together! AWESOMENESS!!!
156.jpg

Overall, we are still huge fans of GG and J has requested it for our next trip (oh really?! And when is that gonna happen?!?!?!? :lmao:).

We walked towards the monorail and thought we should try our luck and Magic Kingdom again. By this point it started to rain. Lucky us, I had our cheap ponchos! So we dressed ourselves accordingly and ventured into MK. It was pretty yucky outside and the crowds were still out. We managed to hit up the Tea Cups (which J absolutely loved!). They were pretty fun, not my favorite. I definitely told him that we can’t spin it too fast!
160.jpg

161.jpg

Then we walked over to Mickey’s Philharmagic. LOVE that show!

By this point we were both exhausted. Busy day of tackling AK (along with J feeling yucky) then hitting up Epcot and Magic Kingdom! Whew!! Besides, we had a super busy morning in store (notice a trend here?).

Up next: Our version of Running with the Bulls to TSM! Riding all the Big Kid stuff at DHS! And back to Epcot for dinner! Where to this time?

I love Spaceship Earth too. In 2009, I think I went on it 5 or 6 times. There's never a line and I enjoy it! Especially the end with the videos. They crack me up.

LOL that guy looks like he could be part of Kid & Play. Remember them???

Nice picture with Pluto! I love that the characters are willing to go out of their way for photo ops. When we go to Crystal Palace next year, I want to see if Pooh will do his stoutness exercises with me. :goodvibes

That picture with Pluto is truly awesome! :lmao:

I love Garden Grill. I also love the fact that they use the food from Living with the Land there.

I love Spaceship Earth too. In 2009, I think I went on it 5 or 6 times. There's never a line and I enjoy it! Especially the end with the videos. They crack me up.

LOL that guy looks like he could be part of Kid & Play. Remember them???

Nice picture with Pluto! I love that the characters are willing to go out of their way for photo ops. When we go to Crystal Palace next year, I want to see if Pooh will do his stoutness exercises with me. :goodvibes

Spaceship Earth is so much fun!! I think J and I could ride it over and over again. It just stinks that every time we go to the game area it is soooo crowded!

That's exactly what we thought!! :lmao: I really wish I could've gotten a better picture of him!

Thanks! I was determined to have one "fun" yoga picture with one of the characters! And I'm sure Pooh would love to do the exercises with you! Perhaps you could sing along!! "Up, down, touch the ground. In the mood...for food!" :laughing:

That picture with Pluto is truly awesome! :lmao:

I love Garden Grill. I also love the fact that they use the food from Living with the Land there.

Thanks!!

Garden Grill is sooooo yummy!! I really think we could eat there every time. Since the food is from the Land, you know it'll be some what different every time! :idea:

So I am determined to finish this TR!! I’ll save everyone (my lone readers who are so awesome cause y’all put up with my neglect) the drama that’s been my life and suffice it to say BUSY!!! There was some work drama with my yoga job along with all the holiday hoopla. But, I won’t go into it!

I left off with us finishing up another fun-filled (insert = exhausting) day. I think we both passed out once we got to the room. Had to save all that energy for an early morning. Where to, you ask? Why none other than Hollywood Studios!!
165.jpg

We got up early and had breakfast at Roaring Forks. We ended up splitting the Break Bounty Platter which was really good!
163.jpg

Then we grabbed some extra coffee and headed for the bus stop. I think we got to DHS around 8:15ish. That may seem early since the park opened at 9am, but there was already a crowd. Leave it to me to wiggle my way up towards the front.
164.jpg

Keeping ourselves busy while waiting.
166.jpg

167.jpg

So they did the show, but all I could think was “Get to Toy Story! Get to Toy Story!” I told J he either needs to keep up or keep an eye on me cause I’m gonna move!!

They opened the gates and we were off!! Miraculously I was up near the front! And J was actually able to keep up!
Yes, these are the guys guiding us (slowly) to Toy Story!!
168.jpg

I managed to get a FP first then we hopped in line.
Quickly walking through.
169.jpg

The miracles of all miracles… I WON!!!!
171.jpg

We rode twice last trip and J won both rounds. I think I must’ve hit some bonus points or something, all I know was that my arm was KILLING me!

After our match at TSM, we headed over to Rockin’ Rollercoaster. This would be a first for me since I was pregnant the last time we were here. We waited standby for about 20 minutes. LOVED it!!! RNRC was awesome!! Needless to say, we had to get a FP for it! Then we rode Tower of Terror.

Here's my cheap shot since I'm too cheap to buy those pictures. We're in the front row.
172.jpg

I vaguely remember this from when I was a teenager, but it was tons of fun!! We were able to get a FP for this one, too!

So my main 3 attractions that I HAD to do were done, along with getting FPs for each. J and I decided to walk around and head over towards Star Wars. By this point it started to rain…HARD! I had my handy dandy ponchos with us while we waited in line. I just remember thinking to myself, “I came to Florida for cooler weather and rain! Won’t my friends back home be jealous!!”

Star Wars was so much fun! I barely remember it from years ago. J seemed to really like it much more this trip since he wasn’t stuck in the corner and couldn’t see anything.

What would be next but the one and only “Muppets Vision 3-D”.
176.jpg

Just as I remember! It was soooooo darn cute! At one point in the show they squirt water on you and this little girl next to us asked her mom “Did he just pee on us?!” :rotfl:

J posing for a picture.
173.jpg

By this point we were ready for lunch and decided to try out Pizza Planet since it was right there. Maybe we were really hungry or just didn’t care, but it was really good! The line took forever, but I thought it was good food. And a perfect place if you have kids with all the video games!
We split a pepperoni pizza with the little salad and got the Mickey Rice Crispie treat for dessert.
174.jpg

With our bellies full, we walked around the Streets of America. I got this shot last time, so I told J to pose for it. Although we didn't need to do the "trick" since it was actually raining...

177.jpg

I wanted to explore to see I could find any hidden surprises, but no… We then headed back over towards TSM to use our FP. Guess who won this time? J…. Ugh….How ‘bout best 5 outta 7!?

One Man’s Dream was right next door so we walked through that. I LOVE learning about Disney and all his ideas. Such a wonderful dreamer…
Next was something I’ve wanted to do since before our last trip…Animation Academy!! I was so excited we found it and were able to have a drawing lesson! The character of the class was Minnie Mouse, but the animator made adjustments if you wanted to draw Mickey. So I decided to draw Minnie and J drew Mickey. It was tons of fun and I would’ve loved to do it again! Just wish they would give you an eraser…
Here's my Minnie!
minnie.jpg

And J's Mickey (I think he must feel sick, like a sore throat or something...)
mickey.jpg

We headed back over to use our FPs for TOT and finished up with RNRC! It was still raining off and on so we decided to head over towards Epcot (still hoping for some FPs to Test Track!). Not before getting a cupcake from Starring Rolls that we would have later. I can honestly say that all the hoopla about these cupcakes is soooo true!! It was awesome!!!!
180.jpg

We were waiting in line for a boat when it started to rain, I mean MONSOON!!! I was grateful we hadn’t decided to walk to Epcot! And our little ponchos weren’t really cutting it!

We walked over to TT to discover there were no FPs (surprise, surprise). By this point we were both a little tired so we headed back to VWL. I think I took about a 2 hour nap (gotta sleep while you can) then it was time to get ready for another dinner at Epcot!

Teppan Edo!!
te.jpg

I ordered the scallop meal (along with a sake, yum!!) and J had the steak (along with a beer).
te1.jpg

te2.jpg

Look at that onion tower!! It's huge!!!
186.jpg

I know some folks say their local Benihana’s is better or comparable, but we really loved this place!!! Dare I say it was better! I think this place was a repeat request for J!!

We walked around for a bit in hopes of getting some more pictures, but it was too dark.
te3.jpg

I attempted a yoga pose, that sake however just wasn't going to let it happen!!
te4.jpg

Plus J was really tired (silly man didn’t get a nap in!).

Up next: Our last full day :sad1: What park shall we venture to?? And what's a trip without crummy news from home?!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the drama. I hope everything's ok. :hug:

:woohoo: for beating J at TSM! I need to practice to beat Kris next trip. I just got the TSM video game for Wii (for $10, you can't beat that!) and it has all the games from the ride but it's not the same. My arm isn't killing me after 5 minutes. I need to start working out too. :laughing:

Pizza Planet - yummo! I don't care what anyone says about Disney pizza - I like it. And I'm from NJ, home of pizza places on every corner. So there Disney pizza haters. :snooty:

Your Minnie came out cute! J's Mickey looks a lot like mine did from a trip a couple years ago. :rotfl:

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the drama. I hope everything's ok. :hug:

:woohoo: for beating J at TSM! I need to practice to beat Kris next trip. I just got the TSM video game for Wii (for $10, you can't beat that!) and it has all the games from the ride but it's not the same. My arm isn't killing me after 5 minutes. I need to start working out too. :laughing:

Pizza Planet - yummo! I don't care what anyone says about Disney pizza - I like it. And I'm from NJ, home of pizza places on every corner. So there Disney pizza haters. :snooty:

Your Minnie came out cute! J's Mickey looks a lot like mine did from a trip a couple years ago. :rotfl:

Yay Jenny! Thanks for still reading!

Everything will be ok with work, just in a weird (transition) place right now. Thanks!

Oh yeah, start practicing now! And see if you can find out where the secret bonus points are! I think I got 25,000 or something, pure dumb luck! :laughing:

And thanks! J said his Mickey was bloated from too much salt! :rotfl:

Thanks so much for reading!

Hey Amanda! I don't know how I missed your last post. Your teppan edo dinner looked so good!!! Hope the news from home wasn't too bad! Great yoga poses. I have been doing some of the yoga videos my cable company offers on On Demand just to break up my normal work out routine. They are really hard! I fell on my face twice in the one :lmao:. I give you lots of credit to be able to teach it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter