A Year in Review

dfb

Mouseketeer
Last trip was Jan 2016. Going down next weekend 3/2 - 3/5 for quick trip to see wishes a last time and a Braves spring game.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what's new since last year?

I know about Rivers of Light started, Soarin change, Frozen replacement over Nordstrom and After Hours are back. Any other major changes?

What is the purpose of the bigger Magic band?

Thanks

Edited:
PS Maelstrom not Nordstrom - I must be losing it!! Maybe I was thinking of the Maelstrom concerning Nordstrom!! Yeah that's the ticket!!

Last edited:
The purpose of the bigger MB is to replace the original MB with one that now has the removable RFID chip housing.

Your old MBs will still work for you.

I got a stupid question? Why remove RFID chip? Prolong, long term, life of specialty bands with replacement chips?

I got a stupid question? Why remove RFID chip? Prolong, long term, life of specialty bands with replacement chips?
They can be put into MagicKeepers that attach to a lanyard, keychain, beltloop, etc. Turns the MB into a non-wristband device.

MagicKeeper can be found on the Shop Disney Parks app.

They can be put into MagicKeepers that attach to a lanyard, keychain, beltloop, etc. Turns the MB into a non-wristband device.

MagicKeeper can be found on the Shop Disney Parks app.
Ok thanks. Been out of the loop for a while and wasn't aware! I did like my Keys card, PhotoPass + and Legacy FPs in my lanyard better than the Band.

Ok thanks. Been out of the loop for a while and wasn't aware! I did like my Keys card, PhotoPass + and Legacy FPs in my lanyard better than the Band.

there is also a battery for the wireless piece and disney sees this as a way to change the battery for your favorite design band as well. this way if you get a limited edition band and you need or want the wireless features to work forever you can just keep getting new bands and move the icon over to the band you prefer.

I will say though, I'm 10,000% happier with the keychain now..

Yes indeed quite right! Maelstrom!! I guess I've been out of loop too long! Maybe a small Freudian slip??

I did read a comment about a change in rope drop/opening at magic kingdom. Park opens at 9am with entrance allowed 7:45 or 8:00? to roam a closed main street??

What is the process now?

Any other changes of significance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts