A World of Disney - 2019-2020 Pre Trip Reports! - Basic NYE plans

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge - 66 hours! (not that I'm counting)

I'm sooo excited for this! No real updates, we have the 8am slot the first day. You can only get your wristbands 2 hrs beforehand, so reportedly they will let us in at 6am to get checked-in at Launch Bay and then we will have to wait on Main Street. There will be 5 of us in this group - me, Dina, Matt, and two of Dina's relatives (only Dina and I are actually using the room, but they don't charge a 3-4-5th adult addition, so we added the 3 others and we will all get in together). I will definitely be taking lots of photos, but don't know how much I will end up posting immediately, because I tend to forget that! Matt is active on twitter: darthvader92, and he is actually representing Big Fat Panda for media day, so he will probably end up having a lot of photos posted too! (Matt is actually a CM at DHS, some of the Epic gals briefly met him on May 4th; he may end up transferring far, far, away in the fall, but he hasn't told us for sure.)

We will talk it over on Thursday about our plan of attack. Maybe we'll shop first, then ride Smuggler's Run, then get some food at Docking Bay 7? I am definitely making a droid, and I have a color and style (and name) picked out already. I want to do this Friday morning so I can carry her around and see how she interacts with the land.

After our 4 hour window is up, plus whatever extra time we can milk by wandering out of the land taking photos, we will head back to the Paradise Pier Hotel and take a nap!

Then in the evening, time to head back to Batuu! We can get our second set of wristbands at 6pm; this time it is just me, Dina, and Matt, using one of the free reservations. I'm excited to see the land at night! Definitely we will be getting dinner, riding Smuggler's again, maybe more shopping. I would love to visit Oga's Cantina, but we will have to see what the wait times are (that and the lightsaber lines have been the longest so far, due to low capacity). And also just general walking around the land! Our window goes until midnight, so it will be a late night for us!

The next day, our reservation is 11am - 3pm, so we can get the wristbands at 9am (it's the three of us again). I will probably get a lightsaber here. I considered getting it first thing Friday morning, but didn't want to have to carry it around for the rest of the morning. And maybe we will be able to check out Oga's too? Of course, lunch at Docking Bay 7 again. After we are kicked out, we are talking about going over to DCA to ride Soarin, as that will be the first day with the return of Soarin over California - the best version! I literally dropped my phone when I saw that announcement come thru! Then, it's back home and away from the edge of the galaxy! I am wondering how many trips from the car to the house it will take to bring in all my merch!

But, my Star Wars visits will not be over! Another friend had gotten a reservation for the second weekend, on Saturday, June 8, and both Dina and I are on it too. He swore up and down he wasn't going to fly out for it. Has been adamant for 4 weeks. Despite the Celebration of the Lion King starting up the day before. Despite Disneyland Forever fireworks returning (also the night before). Despite Soarin over California returning. I never quite believed him. And... over the weekend he finally booked airfaret! Some of you may have an idea of who he is, but I won't "out" him! But anyways, that means another 4 hrs in Galaxy's Edge! This time from 5pm-9pm, so we will get to see sunset over Batuu. No particular plans for this visit - it will be his only chance to see SWGE until it opens in Florida, so we will probably leave it up to him!

So, anyways, what am I looking forward to the most? Everything! Probably just experiencing the land!

Now it's 65 hours!

Ahhh!

So exciting have the best time ever! I feel like all out TRs should go on hold so you can do a super quick very detailed report of this one....

66 hours! (not that I'm counting)
I am so excitied for you!!!! We were watching A New Hope last night and all I could think it, Lesley will be in the Millenium Falcon next weekend!

I will definitely be taking lots of photos, but don't know how much I will end up posting immediately, because I tend to forget that!
Make sure you post one selfie in the land! Are they keeping that fence up around the Falcon?

I am definitely making a droid, and I have a color and style (and name) picked out already.
I saw a purple one and thought, how Morgan and Gwen are def going to want one! Oye!

can carry her
I like that you already know it is a her. Are droids male and female?

After our 4 hour window is up, plus whatever extra time we can milk by wandering out of the land taking photos, we will head back to the Paradise Pier Hotel and take a nap!
Going to try and get kicked out by Storm Troopers, I see....

After we are kicked out, we are talking about going over to DCA to ride Soarin, as that will be the first day with the return of Soarin over California - the best version!
We haven't seen this version. I hope one day we can.

Now it's 65 hours!
Ha! 🤣

Ahhh!

So exciting have the best time ever! I feel like all out TRs should go on hold so you can do a super quick very detailed report of this one....
I will probably end up doing just that!
I am so excitied for you!!!! We were watching A New Hope last night and all I could think it, Lesley will be in the Millenium Falcon next weekend!
I know - I had the Star Wars marathon on and was thinking the same thing!
Make sure you post one selfie in the land! Are they keeping that fence up around the Falcon?
Yeah - I think its going to be permanent. Too bad, but I'd rather them protect it than some idiots mess it up quickly!
I like that you already know it is a her. Are droids male and female?
Well I'm building her, so yes I think it's time for another female droid!

Your plans sound perfect! I wonder what the record will be for most visits in that short of a time span lol you have to have one of the most! Haha that's awesome though that you'll really get to experience it. I kind of wish I was going to Disneyland during this time just because it seems so organized and civilized! Unlike WDW which is like welcome to the 75th hunger games! 😂

Can't wait to hear about your experience!!

Your plans sound perfect! I wonder what the record will be for most visits in that short of a time span lol you have to have one of the most! Haha that's awesome though that you'll really get to experience it. I kind of wish I was going to Disneyland during this time just because it seems so organized and civilized! Unlike WDW which is like welcome to the 75th hunger games! 😂

Can't wait to hear about your experience!!
I don't know! I think some of the bloggers have spaces for every single time slot for the first couple days! Sort of ridiculous and one of them was complaining that she would have to leave every few hours to get a new wristband (you can't get them all for the day at once, just 2 hrs beforehand). I am definitely looking forward to seeing it without the massive insane crowds! I mean, some people reported during the previews the line for Smugglers Run could be as low as 5 minutes!

This low key looks like you are just becoming a permanent resident of Batuu at this point lol But I mean, what better way to do it on opening day! I can't wait to hear all about it! Ready to live vicariously through you. So wish I could go especially because I have at least one friend working for Oga, but alas I'm gonna have to wait for Florida's and probably end up having a 15 hour shift that day all the way in that far far away galaxy of Sunset Boulevard. We love that for me. Speaking of which, your anonymous friend there... not so hard to figure out hehe

This low key looks like you are just becoming a permanent resident of Batuu at this point lol But I mean, what better way to do it on opening day! I can't wait to hear all about it! Ready to live vicariously through you. So wish I could go especially because I have at least one friend working for Oga, but alas I'm gonna have to wait for Florida's and probably end up having a 15 hour shift that day all the way in that far far away galaxy of Sunset Boulevard. We love that for me. Speaking of which, your anonymous friend there... not so hard to figure out hehe
Are CPs eligible for the cast previews? Maybe you will get a chance that way? Or maybe if they are just grabbing random cast people to test the rides and you are backstage, that will work? But it will be fun to be there anyways!

Are CPs eligible for the cast previews? Maybe you will get a chance that way? Or maybe if they are just grabbing random cast people to test the rides and you are backstage, that will work? But it will be fun to be there anyways!

I believe so. I haven't been working at a Disney park when a whole new land opens but I know when Jingle Bell Jingle Bam debuted at Studios, all of Studios got to go to a special preview night so maybe I'll get something like that for Galaxy's Edge. I know they had an interesting system at Disneyland so they might do that too but we just don't know how SWGE opening is gonna go at Studios since they're so focused on DLR. Test rides do seem possible too... but I just have to wait and see. It will be an exciting time either way.

I don't know! I think some of the bloggers have spaces for every single time slot for the first couple days! Sort of ridiculous and one of them was complaining that she would have to leave every few hours to get a new wristband (you can't get them all for the day at once, just 2 hrs beforehand). I am definitely looking forward to seeing it without the massive insane crowds! I mean, some people reported during the previews the line for Smugglers Run could be as low as 5 minutes!

Oh yeah thats a bit insane! lol I feel like your spacing is perfect!!

I wonder how the number of people let in for the CM previews compares to the number of people in each of the time slots. It will be awesome if the Smugglers Run line can be less than a half hour!

But, my Star Wars visits will not be over! Another friend had gotten a reservation for the second weekend, on Saturday, June 8, and both Dina and I are on it too. He swore up and down he wasn't going to fly out for it. Has been adamant for 4 weeks. Despite the Celebration of the Lion King starting up the day before. Despite Disneyland Forever fireworks returning (also the night before). Despite Soarin over California returning. I never quite believed him. And... over the weekend he finally booked airfaret! Some of you may have an idea of who he is, but I won't "out" him! But anyways, that means another 4 hrs in Galaxy's Edge! This time from 5pm-9pm, so we will get to see sunset over Batuu. No particular plans for this visit - it will be his only chance to see SWGE until it opens in Florida, so we will probably leave it up to him!
Hmm...I wonder who it could be?

Ahhh, this is so great! I can't wait to hear what you think. I saw Tom Bricker's post last night, and I don't even like Star Wars, but I'm pumped about seeing the land.

Ahhh, this is so great! I can't wait to hear what you think. I saw Tom Bricker's post last night, and I don't even like Star Wars, but I'm pumped about seeing the land.
I’ve been having to be careful on social media since last night! Don’t want any spoilers!

Following along! We are going to Tokyo/Japan in the spring so definitely looking into those hotels you mentioned.

You're also less than 24 hours away from SW:GE! 😱 Can't wait to hear about that too!

Hope you have a fantastic time today!! I've been watching some vlogs and a livestream from yesterday on youtube - the land looks so amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter