A Wigdout Spring Break Adventure very short pre-trip report

wigdoutdismom

Disney Driven in every way.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone or anyone that may be reading!
I'm still trying to figure out photobucket so I hope to post a proper roll call a bit later...
I'll go ahead and introduce the characters in this adventure,
The mom: Anita, I teach 4th grade and am totally obsessed with Walt Disney World, dis trip reports, and dis chat
The dad : Marc, he teaches as well, at risk math, is wsushocker in the dis chat room
The kid: Baylor age 10,a child who loves sports and the mouse. He actually thinks it's normal to visit Disney World more than once a year!
Here are out spring break dates: March 15-20
Resort: Disney's Old Key West
Up next: Dining and (hopefully) some pictures:surfweb:

This is us!
wigdoutdismom
That's me
http://s462.photobucket.com/albums/qq347/wigdoutdismom/?action=view&current=018.jpg That's Marc
wigdoutdismom
That's Baylor

Hi,
I don't know why your pictures didn't come up.
Make sure you copy the whole URL in photobucket.
I noticed a couple of times, I wasn't copying all of it.

A couple of weeks ago Baylor came home from school and said the dreaded words..........
"I Want to win the Valentine Box contest" It couldn't be I'd like to make a box or can you help me with the box, no the boy wanted to win! This is a 4th and 5th grade annual competition at his school and both daughters having been students there many years ago I was well aware of what this would entail. His big idea was to make a Mickey Mouse and have him holding a heart, I quickly told him that would not be something that I thought I could make but to give me some time to think on it..........Ohhhhh the agony! Then I got an idea:cool1: He loves the University of Kansas Jayhawks so I decided that I would head in that direction and with some help from friends on dis chat the idea was perfected! The box was completed and Baylor was happy. I told him not to expect to win but just be happy with his entry...

http://s462.photobucket.com/albums/...n=view&current=BaylorandKUValentinebox003.jpg

Another attempt at an introduction to our family: me!

017.jpg
[/IMG]

Marc
018.jpg
[/IMG]
Baylor
DCP_0979.jpg
[/IMG]

Then the night before my own Valentine party at school I decided that I need to make my own Valentine box. Luckily for me the idea had been cooking in my head and had picked up the supplies a few days earlier at Target! If you can't tell it's a table with a place setting. The place card says" All "Set" for you Valentine! Oh and yes that's me, a new haircut and trying out contacts so no glasses:rotfl2:
DCP_1031.jpg
[/IMG]
We cut an opening in the plate for the Valentine slot!

Our March ADRS..........
We decided that on this trip we would be trying some new dining experiences with the exception of Le Cellier. Then a couple of weeks ago, during chat I decided that I wanted to get to Crystal Palace for an early breakfast so we could stroll down Main Street prior to park opening. Holding my breath I called disney dining and............got in at 8:10! Yippeeee:banana:

Here's the plan!
March 15, we arrive around noon and will need to head over to see the Castle then will eat at Whispering Canyon at 5:00
March 16, Biergarten 5:05
March 17, breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:10 and dinner at Hoop Dee Doo Review at 9:30
March 18, dinner at 1900 Park Fare 4:55 (Baylor has a surpise for one of the step sisters, we shopped yesterday):lmao:
March 19, dinner at Le Cellier 5:00 mushroom fillet, need I say more?
We fly out in the afternoon on the 20th, I don't have a ressie for that day, I'm thinking maybe a trip to dtd or another park.........just don't know at this point!

Some disney history:
You know, I figure if I keep writing perhaps I'll get more readiers.......Thanks CP for joining!
We took our first family trip in early June 2006 as a graduation gift for our oldest daughter Megan. I just didn't get what was so special about Disney World but thought it would be fun to go and take the kids....Little did I know what this would ignite:rotfl2: Marc planned the whole trip, even made some ADRs but honestly we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into:goodvibes . We booked 2 adjoining rooms at ASMO. A teacher friend who goes yearly gave us some reading information and off we went new and innocent to the reality of disney.
To say the least it was the trip of great drama, we did the dining plan Megan the older of the 2 girls (by 19 months) loved the trip:love: and loved the dining:woohoo: Keeley the younger was a bit of a pain, would have been happier at the resort on the laptop chatting with friends, only eats chicken nuggets and fries with ranch dressing so the disney plan was totally wasted on her. Then there was Baylor who hid behind waste baskets if the characters were in full costume such as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum but liked any with a "real face". Also any ride that went faster than 2 mph were out of the question. We took him on Space Mountain and ruined him for thrill rides, the rest of that trip anyway.
DisneyWorld055.jpg
[/IMG]
Here are the girls on that trip

Then in the cold winter of 2007 we decided to go back. Megan who loves disney now has a job, is away at college and can't go with us, Keeley who just didn't feel the love had cheer camp and practice that couldn't be missed would not be making the trip either. So Marc, Baylor and I decided that since we didn't need 2 rooms we could try a moderate. We decided on POFQ. Had a great time and Baylor found the love of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Here we are on that trip!
Disney2007176.jpg
[/IMG]

Sooo the above trip was June 2007. We return and I decide that yearly visits will be in our future! Little did I know what would happen in the next year:confused3 !
We had a dvc dream in the back of our minds........:goodvibes and a June 2008 trip in the works. We wanted to try a dvc resort so we rented points at OKW, again girls not going so a studio would do.
We had a wonderful time, but when we got home I fell into a deep disney depression, I found the dis, Jackie's trip report, then Laura's trip report, then Tim and Lesley's, NDM's, and Lady Lallies. The list growing every day. Marc and I also discover dis chat where we hang out nightly:lmao: .
So after coming back we decide to do a couples trip in July, we rented points at SSR, but before going........we purchased 160 points at the Beach Club, no dvc tour, no nothing! While on our July trip we did the dvc tour and purchased 100 points at Animal Kingdom. We had a wonderful time just the 2 of us;).
We then decided that we really wanted to experience MNSSHP, so asked our principal if we could take our personal days in Oct. so along with a comp day from parent teacher conferences we had an extended weekend trip. Plus when we were on our July trip we ended up with 8 free comp flights for taking a bump on our departure flight :wizard: .
MNSSHP
Party
DCP_1005.jpg
[/IMG]

On I go......
After returning from MNSSHP, we rented more points for OKW for a Spring Break trip, started working on booking our first trip home to the Beach Club and decided to take Megan, our newest family member Harper, Matt (Megan's significant other and the best daddy Harper could wish for) Baylor and the grown ups.......We have a 2br at AKV but am not sure if Keeley will be joining us....Mimi and her first grandbaby!
Christmas2008.jpg
[/IMG]

Following a thread over...can't wait to keep reading! Love the photos!!! Happy Valentines Day!:love:

I am looking forward to your report. :surfweb: I know you are counting down the days until Spring Break(such lovely words).

I am a retired middle school Math teacher:teacher: . I know the joys of a at risk student finally getting a concept, and the frustration of days that you fill hopeless.

The baby is adorable.

I have never seen someone stress so much over a Valentine's box! This project consumed us for two weeks and then Baylor ended up missing his party due to illness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter