A Whole New World of COVID-19: An Annual Passholder Adventure (Updated 10/1 x2: Disney Springs & Epcot)

lindseyanne

The Witch of Walpurgis
Hellooooooooooooo ladies and gentlemen, bats and ghouls, cool cats and kittens, etc. Welcome to my first trip report. I’m Lindsey, and I’m probably the Disboards’ finest lurker (especially during these months of quarantine). Yup, even though I live in Orlando, have an annual pass, and used to (past tense, #thankscoronavirus) go to the parks about at least once a week, I still can’t get enough Walt Disney World and read just about every trip report posted here. I’ve never written one, though, because to be honest, my typical trip to a park would probably not be very interesting! Picture it: “Sicily, 1922. June 13. I went to Epcot, rode Living with the Land three times in a row, then I got hot and went home.” So boring!

A look at me in my in my natural habitat, color-coordinating with Wendell

But that’s all changed since mid-March, and it looks like the new normal for the time being is going to be vastly different when it comes to my time at WDW. With attendance caps, the park pass system, social distancing, etc., basically everything has changed, and it’s inevitably going to change the way we all experience the parks we love. I figured that this was as good a time as any to start my own year-long “trip” report (“trip” meaning my 20 minute drive to WDW property, though if you have ever spent any time on Florida roads with Florida drivers, you’ll understand that that 20 minute ride is often harrowing!). Hopefully, this TR will document the good (low crowds!), the sad (no character meet and greets! [I won’t say “bad” because I understand the safety issue, but character meets are one of my favorite things to do at WDW, so I’m truly sad these have to go away for the time being]), and the ugly (my mask after wearing it for 10 hours a day in 95 degree heat and 100% humidity).

So, allow myself to introduce...myself. I'm very longwinded and also very, very bored after four months of quarantine, so perhaps pull up some music while you read on. I recommend this track of Epcot entrance music from 1982.

Me circa 1988

I’m in my thirties, working in higher education, and probably one of the only people you’ll ever meet who was actually born in Florida. I was born in St. Pete, which is where most of my family still is, but we moved to Orlando when I was little because my dad was working as a contractor for Disney, shipping stuff out for a little project you may have heard of called Euro Disney Disneyland Paris! Being in Orlando was originally going to be a temporary thing, but then my mom began working in WDW’s corporate offices, and we ended up staying. As a result, I literally grew up at Walt Disney World. As most Orlando kids do, I ended up working as a cast member during college, first at what was then One Man’s Dream at DHS (to really date myself, the park was still MGM then), then at Pirates of the Caribbean (my absolute favorite role), and finally at Splash Mountain.

See, they aren't all pictures of me and various Country Bears!

My companion for most of my Disney-ing is my equally as Disney-loving boyfriend, who I’ll refer to as Boyfriend but who’s face you won’t see in this report. Boyfriend is a cast member, so I’m not crazy about posting personally identifying details about him online. I guess I should go ahead and say that anything and everything I say are just my opinions (and his opinions, if I include them), and not those of the Walt Disney Company. Although cast members are blacked out from the parks as of the day I'm typing this, Boyfriend also has a platinum annual pass, like me, so luckily he's still able to go.

I actually accidentally caught a bit of Boyfriend in the doorway of this picture from my Instagram stories the last day Communicore/Innoventions was opened, so squint and you can see a hint of him!

Since this is the Disboards, here are a few of my favorite things:

Park: My childhood favorite park was Epcot (remember, this was the Epcot of the original Journey Into Imagination, Horizons, World of Motion, etc.), but poor Epcot is kind of a hot mess right now, so my current favorite park goes back and forth between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom Ride: Haunted Mansion

Epcot Ride: Living with the Land. (I like to imagine that this ride is actually named Livin’ with the Land, to match the dropped g from Soarin’, and I will only refer to it by this name from now on.)

DHS Ride: Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run only because, and brace yourselves here...I have not had the chance to do Rise of the Resistance yet. I knoooooooow, I hate myself, too! Boyfriend and I are two of the biggest Star Wars fans you'll ever meet, but we are NOT fans of waking up super early on the weekend (our typical Disney days). We hated the idea of waking up at 4 am to get to DHS, wait to get in the park, *maybe* get a boarding group, and potentially have to wait until the evening to even ride. Pre-COVID 19, Disney had also said that they would be having cast member “post-views” (instead of previews) for ROTR, and that CMs would be able to bring a guest, so we were content to wait for that so our experience wouldn’t be tainted by being giant grumpygusses due to waking up before dawn. Obviously, that isn’t happening now, so fingers crossed we’ll be able to ride ROTR on our first day back at DHS, which is in August (I already have a park pass for it). (Another tangent: Boyfriend and I looped Smuggler’s Run as many times as possible during the CM preview of Galaxy’s Edge, and for our last ride the CMs surprised us with a cockpit entirely to ourselves. We were like “well, this is wonderful and will never happen again” and we have bragged to friends and family so much about our PRIVATE and VERY VIP ride on the Millenium Falcon. But now with social distancing in place, we’ve both heard rumors that the cockpits will all have just one party in them, so maybe we’ll all be VIPs now!)

DAK Ride: Flight of Passage

Non-Ride Experiences: Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress, Impressions de France. I swear, if anything happens to any of these, I will riot.

Park Show: Festival of the Lion King. I am IN AWE of the performers in this show.

Restaurants: Sanaa, Jiko, Biergarten, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Homecomin’, Rose and Crown

Dearly Departed Attractions: Horizons, World of Motion, Delta Dreamflight, the Skybuckets, the Great Movie Ride...can you tell you I really love old attractions? I’m lucky that I got to experience these a lot during my childhood (Boyfriend never got to ride Horizons and it KILLS HIM), and thanks to ride throughs on YouTube, they live on forever!

Classic Princess: Cinderella

Classic Movies: Cinderella, The Aristocats, Alice in Wonderland, Lady & the Tramp

Disney Renaissance Princess: Ariel

Disney Renaissance Movies: The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Oliver & Company (okay, I’m stretching the term “Disney Renaissance” with that one, but it’s such a great movie and has an awesome soundtrack. Just try not to cry when Jenny sings “Good Company” to Oliver--you can’t! I’m tearing up even typing this!)

Modern Princess: Tiana

Modern Movies: The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Zootopia, Wreck-It Ralph, Wall-E

Outside of Disney, my main passion is college football; in a normal year, you rarely will find me in the parks on a Saturday because I’m either at a UCF game or parked on my couch from College GameDay’s 9 AM start time to early Sunday morning when the west coast games end. Who knows what this season holds for us, though! I’m also a second generation Tampa Bay Bucs fan, and as an aside, wow is it weird to see Tom Brady in Bucs gear. For something completely different, while I may appear as your average thirtysomething, I am actually still a Broadway-obsessed, frustrated theatre kid at heart. I am constantly either singing Broadway tunes (usually to my cats, my long-suffering audience) or referencing Broadway tunes.

Here I am with my favorite Citizen of Main Street, rocking her black and gold, on what was one of the most fabulous days of my life: UCF's Peach Bowl victory parade at the Magic Kingdom. My two great loves combined!

A note on the pictures appearing in this report: I’m planning on using pictures from both my DSLR and my iPhone, as well as PhotoPass pics (my pass includes MemoryMaker). Boyfriend is an amazing photographer, and his passion for it got me into photography; my camera is an older DSLR that he no longer uses. I was too intimidated to go off auto mode for a long time, but I’ve been using my quarantine time to get more comfortable shooting manually, so I’m actually really excited to play around at the parks again with what I’ve learned. I also post a lot on my Instagram stories when I’m at WDW, so if you want to, feel free to follow me at @lindsey_organa.

Taken on my DSLR, probably my favorite picture I've ever taken at WDW, and I'm not even a Frozen fan.

This introduction has gotten insanely long (tangents: I hope you like them, because I go off on them a lot), so I’ll end here. Stay tuned for my first experience back at the parks, the Magic Kingdom AP preview on Friday, July 10th!

Last edited:
Looking forward to following along! I cracked up at "and I'm not even a Frozen fan".

Joining in!!

First off, I love the Gelatoni bag! We need to revive Duffy & friends here in the US so I can just deck myself out in Stella Lou everything.

Second off, thank you for the link to the old OLD school Epcot entrance music because omg I did not know this existed and I'm a retro Epcot NUT even if I never got to experience any of it. I just know in a past life that I would've lived in Epcot going between Imagination and Horizons (and I already love the current Imagination as is lol) Also I'm being a good big brother in a moment and proofreading my sister's paper so this will help me focus.

Third off, RIP Great Movie Ride. Runaway Railway is cute but it just can't replace her.

Fourth off, immaculate taste in princesses. I personally would replace Cindy with Aurora as my fave of the classic girls, but otherwise, you literally listed my top 3.

Fifth off (I don't know why I'm writing like this but I'm just going with it), totally did something similar with Smuggler's during the special testing where they allowed us Studios cast to go ride it when we got off work. Whole cockpit to me, myself and I. It ended up breaking down however half my ride was just Hondo and Chewie bickering lol

Sixth off, YAS BROADWAY SHOW TUNES!!! All of us united in being back on our Hamilton phase right now lol

I really hope you get to ride Rise soon. I got really lucky having been able to wake myself up that one day I rode as well as the last day in the parks where they let CPs get a ride (or two) in. It's so incredible. You will never look back on Smugglers or any ride in the park for that matter.

I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you as you navigate the Post-COVID world of Disney. Stay safe!

Looking forward to following along! I cracked up at "and I'm not even a Frozen fan".

Welcome! Not being a Frozen fan has become such a part of my identity now that I haven't watched Frozen 2 yet because I have a feeling it will make me a Frozen fan, and who will I be then?

Joining in!!

First off, I love the Gelatoni bag! We need to revive Duffy & friends here in the US so I can just deck myself out in Stella Lou everything.

Second off, thank you for the link to the old OLD school Epcot entrance music because omg I did not know this existed and I'm a retro Epcot NUT even if I never got to experience any of it. I just know in a past life that I would've lived in Epcot going between Imagination and Horizons (and I already love the current Imagination as is lol) Also I'm being a good big brother in a moment and proofreading my sister's paper so this will help me focus.

Third off, RIP Great Movie Ride. Runaway Railway is cute but it just can't replace her.

Fourth off, immaculate taste in princesses. I personally would replace Cindy with Aurora as my fave of the classic girls, but otherwise, you literally listed my top 3.

Fifth off (I don't know why I'm writing like this but I'm just going with it), totally did something similar with Smuggler's during the special testing where they allowed us Studios cast to go ride it when we got off work. Whole cockpit to me, myself and I. It ended up breaking down however half my ride was just Hondo and Chewie bickering lol

Sixth off, YAS BROADWAY SHOW TUNES!!! All of us united in being back on our Hamilton phase right now lol

I really hope you get to ride Rise soon. I got really lucky having been able to wake myself up that one day I rode as well as the last day in the parks where they let CPs get a ride (or two) in. It's so incredible. You will never look back on Smugglers or any ride in the park for that matter.

I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you as you navigate the Post-COVID world of Disney. Stay safe!

I am extremely impatiently waiting for Duffy and all of his friends to invade Epcot. If we must have IP everywhere, they are the IP I need! Let me spend all of my money on Gelatoni merchandise, please!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, retro Epcot music.....there's nothing like it. It's not even good-for-theme-park-music, it's just plain good music.

Also, I cannot wait to (fingers crossed) FINALLY get on Rise in August, when I have my first park pass for DHS (or maaaaaaaybe the gods of park passes will kindly release more availability for APs so I can go sooner. I know it's going to change my life.

July 10: Annual Passholder Previews @ Magic Kingdom
Part One

Hallllllllooooo again, and happy Saturday! I took copious notes during my AP preview at the Magic Kingdom yesterday, and copious photos, too. I'm going to have to break this up into numerous updates, so grab some coffee and put on some music. To continue a theme from my intro post, I'll give you a recommendation: the Main Street music loop. Not that I'll even get to Main Street by the end of this post.

Warning: this post is going to be heavy on the exposition and light on the photos. I promise, pictures are to come!

Before I get to the preview experience itself, a confession: I grabbed preview passes without knowing if we would actually use them. I’ll be honest with y’all, up to and including the morning of our preview date, both Boyfriend and I were wary about returning to the parks. (Cast Member previews were held earlier in the week, but Boyfriend wasn't able to sign up for them in time, so that was one less decision for us to make about going out in public.)

This has to be said: unfortunately, a lot of people in Florida just have not and will not take coronavirus seriously. Boyfriend and I are thankfully not high-risk, but even so, we have followed all of the rules when it comes to social distancing and spent most of the past four months homebound, only leaving when we need to. I’m fortunate that I can do my job from home, but Boyfriend has been furloughed and at this point does not know when he’ll be called back--and obviously, the more that people do not follow social distancing and masking rules at WDW, the more dangerous it will be once he’s called back. Without getting too political, the response to the virus here in Florida both by our leaders and unfortunately by many of our fellow citizens has been awful, and we’re seeing the results of that now.

This is all a long-winded way of saying that we were very uncertain about whether or not we even wanted to go to our preview. We ultimately decided that we would go to check it out, and that if we were uncomfortable or felt that people weren’t following the rules, we’d leave.

Okay, now that that’s all out of the way, on to the day itself!

Neither Boyfriend or I are rope drop people anyway, but especially nowadays, we wanted to do our best to avoid any lines or areas where people may not be properly distanced. The park opened to passholders with a preview reservation at 9 am. Around that time, I was awoken in my bed by THUNDER AND RAIN, which made me very annoyed--I was really, really hoping that our preview day wouldn’t be a wash out. (My history with any previews at Disney is a wet one. Pandora AP Preview: non-stop rain. Galaxy’s Edge CM Preview: TORRENTIAL downpour the moment I got out of the car. I’m cursed!)

After lunch at home (gotta save some $$$), we headed out. Luckily, the rain had stopped, the skies were clearing up, and I was starting to feel more confident that we wouldn’t get rained on all day. Twenty minutes later, at 1:40 pm, we were parked at Peter Pan 211. I forgot to grab a picture of the parking situation, but they were alternating cars, so the spaces on either side of us were empty. I’d love to keep this forever, because it was wonderful not to have to do the “you-get-out-no-you-get-out-no-you-I-insist” dance with the people in the next car over. Parking trams aren’t running now, but Boyfriend and I have always liked to get our steps in anyway and rarely take the trams anyway.

I didn’t want to take any pictures at security in case it’s like the airport and frowned upon--plus, we were moving so fast, I didn’t have time to stop! There was no line at the temperature temps, where an Advent employee took our temperature and confirmed we were good to go. There was also no wait at security, although I screwed things up because I did not understand the new security drill. It was a comedy of errors of me putting my bags in the security cubby, taking them out, putting them back in, taking my phone out, putting my phone in...tbh, I still don’t really know what we’re supposed to do! The metal detector dinged me and a security guard had me open my bags (no touching on their part) and wanded me down.

Once we got through security, we were greeted by absolutely no one waiting for the monorail.

The two people in yellow you can see in this picture are TTC cast members. You can also see the arrows and circles where they have parties wait for the monorail. The CMs sent us right up the ramp, which also has social distancing markers. The monorail employee at the station directed us to a number; each party has one number, so the monorail cabin can stay appropriately distanced.

Please ignore my dirty shoes--these are my "rain Toms", aka the gross old ones I wear when it's been raining so I don't ruin every pair of shoes I own. #floridaproblems

The cabins are separated by what I can best describe as a very heavy curtain hanging between them. You can see in the picture below how it’s hanging between the seats. You can also see the person in the next cabin sitting behind me.

My first outing with my Hooter face mask, and if you don't know who Hooter is, please immediately exit out of this trip report and watch a bootleg recording of Captain EO. Hooter is my familiar spirit.

Once I took this selfie and saw that someone was behind me, I felt like it would be a good idea to move over so that I could maintain better distance. We had the entire cabin to ourselves, so I moved to the other side.

It may seem like a lot of time has passed since we parked because I’m so longwinded, but at exactly 2 pm, we disembarked the highway in the sky and were greeted by an empty entrance plaza.

So, it was a grand total of 20 minutes from the time we parked our car to the time we entered the park. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten into the Magic Kingdom so quick!

The weather was indeed cooperating with us, because we were greeted with blue skies, puffy clouds, and a lot of sunshine. Almost too much sunshine--I was already feeling the heat and hearing the siren song of a Starbucks iced tea calling my name.

Scroll down to continue, because after 994 words, I finally enter the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:
Part Two

Once we entered the gates, we were blessed with that cheerful entrance music and the sight of a train station devoid of people.

It was a weird feeling to be walking under the train station to Main Street after four months, and it was equally weird to see hardly any people around in the middle of the day in summer. On a normal day, this area would be filled with people waiting for Festival of Fantasy, but today was very different:

I caught my first in-person glimpse of Cinderella's new paint scheme from a distance (wait...no, this was my second glimpse. I got my first glimpse on the monorail. Nevermind!).

Boyfriend had some coworkers working today that he wanted to say hi to, so he headed towards the castle. My first stop had to be Starbz, though. I was so thirsty from the heat already--I needed my free trenta water!

The green lines you can see in the picture above are the social distancing markers you'll see all over the park. Luckily, the line for didn't stretch that far out. You can't see him in this picture, but a manager was just inside the shady area, ensuring that everyone entering stayed on their own social distance marker.

The social distancing markers continue through the entire line inside--depending on how many parties are waiting, the line may look long from outside, but this was obviously waaaaaaay less crowded and much quicker than the typical line for Starbucks at Magic Kingdom.

I did have to wait a bit because the CMs stopped taking orders so they could do a routine sanitization of the registers and the ordering area. I don't know if it's very clear in the picture above, but clear plexiglass divided the registers from guests, with a small hole you could slide your phone or money through to pay. Since I had to wait anyway, I decided to get a venti iced tea instead of free water; I figured the caffeine would give me a little oomph against the heat and humidity. The Starbucks CMs were doing a very good job monitoring the expediting area, which if you've ever been to any Starbucks anywhere, you know gets crowded. I forgot to take a picture of it, but there are social distance markers by the expediting area, and once those were full the CMs at the register would stop taking orders.

I want to note one thing that became clear to me at this point in my day, and became even clearer as the day went on: removing the free water stations from food and beverage locations...it's a problem. I understand the reasoning from a safety and germs perspective. BUT! Just not having free cold water easily accessible is a problem, especially in the middle of summer. I'll cover more of this later.

Anyway! Moving on. About ten minutes later, and with my iced tea in hand, I continued up Main Street and closer to a very empty hub.

I caught up with Boyfriend, and we spent some time wandering around the castle and taking in the new paint. My verdict: I like it! It's definitely different, but I think it looks very pretty. It's going to take some time for me to get used to those bright blue turrets, though.

I got my camera out to take actual quality pictures:

I have stared at this picture for over an hour and still can't figure out if that spire is straight.

Cropped out: the moat that is full of construction and paint stuff!

I took the unprecedented opportunity of being the only person in front of the castle in the middle of the afternoon in July to press Boyfriend into service and had him take a picture of me:

My inner monologue at this moment: "why didn't I wear shorts what is my problem why am I like this?!?"

We were sticking around the hub area because my number one goal for today was to see Merida on Angus. As you've all probably seen by now on social media, Merida and Gaston are both appearing on the horses during the unscheduled, random character cavalcades. Tinkerbell had gone down the parade route on her Boo To You float while I was in Starbucks, so I knew that another cavalcade was due to come soon. (They come down the parade route around every 20 minutes, weather permitting. You'll know a cavalcade is on its way because the music changes.)

Next: A caaaaaaaavaaaaaaalcade of priiiiiiiiiiiincesssssssses! (Sing that to the tune of "a festivaaaaaaaaaaaal of fantaaaaaaaaaaasy, please.)

Last edited:

Joining in! Look forward to reading so I know what to expect when we go to MK. I did not know about the characters on horses. We went to AK and I was impressed with the changes. You're right, too many people in Florida aren't taking the pandemic seriously at all. I see 50% of people wearing masks here. So I too was concerned about how the mask situation would be at Disney. I too was pleasantly surprised.

Ahhh, I love the Main Street loop. Especially because it's exactly the same in both WDW and DLR so I'll always have a little DLR with me in FL. Just a little. I guess my Disney Depression Soundtrack playlist on YouTube is gonna come in real handy for reading your updates

I still keep in touch with a lot of friends who are in FL, CM, non-CM, former CPs, etc. and they all have said similar things to you about the situation in FL. Glad to hear you are staying safe for the most part and hopefully your boyf gets off furlough soon. I've heard PT has started getting calls so they are making their way through the ranks rather quickly as far as I can see.

So glad to hear about the cohesive system at Starbucks because we know that would be the place for things to spread quickly. Also reassuring to see everyone following procedure.

I totally agree about the castle. I got to see it half-painted on the last day the parks were opened and I was obsessed. I was emotional enough already that day so that just made me cry more she looks so pretty. It is very intense colors but I vibe with it, it makes her stick out even more than she already does and I don't know it pays a nice tribute to Aurora's castle too. I love it.

I cannot wait to see your photos of Merida on horseback. Did you hear about what happened with that today? Scary.

Looking forward to reading about your experience. I am going inn September and can't wait.

I also wear leggings in the summer and wonder why I be like that XD

Can't wait to see fancy photos of Merida on Angus!!!

I’m living for every single TR so I’m joining in and can’t wait to read more

Joining in! Look forward to reading so I know what to expect when we go to MK. I did not know about the characters on horses. We went to AK and I was impressed with the changes. You're right, too many people in Florida aren't taking the pandemic seriously at all. I see 50% of people wearing masks here. So I too was concerned about how the mask situation would be at Disney. I too was pleasantly surprised.

I've been reading your TR from DAK! It seems like such a cliché to say that the parks feel safer than Publix or Target here, but sadly it's true. Magic Kingdom was the first place I've been in four months where every single person was wearing a mask.

I cannot wait to see your photos of Merida on horseback. Did you hear about what happened with that today? Scary.

I did and I held my breath the entire time watching the video! So scary, but Merida's friend did an amazing job keeping her cool and keeping herself, the horse, and the guests nearby safe. I felt so bad for the horse, s/he was so spooked. Hopefully this won't signal the end of the horses being out and about.

Looking forward to reading about your experience. I am going inn September and can't wait.

Thanks for following along!

I also wear leggings in the summer and wonder why I be like that XD

Can't wait to see fancy photos of Merida on Angus!!!

Bwhahahahahahahahaha. It always sounds like such a good idea at home to cover up the legs (less sunburn!) but in practice it's so, so bad.

Joining in. Can’t wait to see what this whole New World brings

Thanks for joining in!

I’m living for every single TR so I’m joining in and can’t wait to read more

That was me all spring/summer: bingeing every trip report, and re-reading old ones.

Happy Sunday, everybody! Thank you all for your comments and for joining in. One thing I will say that I have enjoyed about these months of social distancing, quarantine, and working from home: the Sunday Scaries are not nearly as bad for me.

Part Three

Soon enough, the Main Street music changed, and the princess cavalcade appeared in the distance, led by everyone's favorite redhead and her trust steed, Angus.

If you look to the left in the picture above, you can see that there's a family on the bridge. They were sitting on the benches there, and they weren't moved when the cavalcade came by, so they got an up close and personal, private mini- parade! Typically for parades, they clear people out of the benches on the bridge and reserve them for VIPs like John Stamos and Chris Evans and ScarJo and people who pay a lot of monie$$$, so I know where I'll be popping a squat next time to have the VIP experience I deserve.

You may recognize Merida's friend from a video that was all over the Internet yesterday, when Angus unfortunately got a balloon tied around his leg. I'm just in awe of how she and the horse's helper in yellow handled the situation. I sincerely hope this doesn't lead to horses not being used in these cavalcades, because it's such a unique way to get characters out in the park.

Uggggggh, I am just obsessed with the way her dress falls over this horse. I live for it.

Tiana and Rapunzel were up next.

A queen. (Off topic but I desperately want Tiana to appear in her blue dress. 2020 has given us so many terrible things, the least it can do is give us Tiana in her blue dress.)

Rapunzel was facing the opposite direction, but that allowed me to get this angle, which I actually really like:

Keep scrolling for more princesses and the float that will never leave.

Last edited:
Part Four

Ladies and gentlemen....the moment you've been waiting for....the pride of Walt Disney World....this **** float that will outlive cockroaches and Cher.

I literally have this picture saved as "ughthisfloat.jpeg".

I kid (kind of), because I love. Sometimes it's nice to have constants in life. Whatever is happening in the world, just know that WDW is probably putting people on this float, and always will be.

"Ugh this float" -- Aurora (probably)

Ariel, Elena and Snow White were on the other side of the float (facing the castle).

Topping everything off was the Fairy Godmother. AAAAAAAAAAAH THIS WAS SO MAGICAL. This was when I actually started to get emotional about being back. I missed this all so much.

That wraps up the princess cavalcade, which I loved and can't wait to see again (mirrored ancient float and all). Boyfriend and I were really feeling the heat after standing in the direct sunlight of the hub for like an hour, so we knew we needed to go do something that would cool us down and get us out of the sun for awhile.

Next: We finally do an attraction!.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't cut the horses in the parade. I'm not a big Merida fan (she's my least favorite of all the princesses), but GASTON on a mighty steed. That's... that's art.

Omg I would DIE if they gave Tiana her blue dress. I doubt it will happen, but maybe... the yellow dress instead... and her restaurant alongside her new attraction. :thumbsup2

THAT FLOAT. I screamed at it outliving Cher and cockroaches omg BUT IT WILL. Unless for some reason they decide to build a new float for MOUCP, we will always have that dang float. Always and forever.

Loving this! Also enjoying your commentary!

I also have to admit... when I saw your jeans and “rain Toms,” I thought you had to be superwoman.

I really hope they don't cut the horses in the parade. I'm not a big Merida fan (she's my least favorite of all the princesses), but GASTON on a mighty steed. That's... that's art.

Omg I would DIE if they gave Tiana her blue dress. I doubt it will happen, but maybe... the yellow dress instead... and her restaurant alongside her new attraction. :thumbsup2

THAT FLOAT. I screamed at it outliving Cher and cockroaches omg BUT IT WILL. Unless for some reason they decide to build a new float for MOUCP, we will always have that dang float. Always and forever.

I missed Gaston on his horse during my preview day and it KILLS ME.

Also we NEED a Princess & the Frog character dining to go along with the reimagined Splash Mountain. I remain so jealous of Disneyland people getting to eat beignets and all the other delicious food of New Orleans Square. I am 100% okay with knocking down Pecos Bills for Tiana's Palace.

Loving this! Also enjoying your commentary!

I also have to admit... when I saw your jeans and “rain Toms,” I thought you had to be superwoman.

Thanks for joining in! Clearly being away from the parks for months messed with my head, because I was like, "Well, the last time I was at Magic Kingdom, I wore jeans, surely this will be fine"....but that was March. Whomp whomp whomp!

I am glad you came out of lurk-dom. I love your writing style!

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter