A Walt Disney World Virgin Talks About Her First Time...With The Food! [pictures]

Thank you guys so much for your comments!
I've just come down with the flu but I will be posting more reviews ASAP.

Lunch that day was had at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom. The boy and I rarely turn down an opportunity at pizza, and since we were pretty hungry, we decided we just had to stop and try it out. I had a personal cheese pizza with a cola to drink and a frozen lemonade for dessert; cake or pie just seemed too heavy for a day of walking. The pizza was tasty, but nothing to write home about. Just a bit better than cafeteria pizza.

3167936153_ce19e895cf.jpg

Curty got the pepporoni pizza, also with a cola and a frozen lemonade. We both thought that the frozen lemonade was way too big; neither of us could finish it, and he suffered from a brain freeze. I told him not to eat so fast!

3168766594_b532211e7f.jpg

As you can see, we also got some breadsticks for the three of us to share. Chantell, not a fan of pizza, decided on the Kid's meal which included a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, apple sauce, grapes, and chocolate milk. I must admit, I wished I would have gotten a kiddie meal too!

3167936351_70c6c5119a.jpg

Thanks Piper! Me too. =[ Pretty much all I have the energy to do right now is copy and paste and reminisce about Disney food. =]

We had dinner at Tony's that night. I've read a lot of negative things about Tony's but this is one of Curt and Chantell's favourite restraunts on property. I'm sort of in the middle. If they had eggplant parmigiana I'd be a lot happier! But, when it came time to eat dinner, I wasn't very hungry, so I just ordered a salad. Crisp, fresh, delicious.

3168766430_d331f316f1.jpg

Curtis, being the stereotypical guy he is, ordered the Chicken Parmagiana. It's his favourite thing they offer and he ate the whole thing. He loves Italian and was quite pleased with it.

3167935949_3b7ba84be5.jpg

Chantell started things off with a Tomato & Mozzerella Salad, which is an appetizer she often makes at home. She was thrilled with it, however, a trip on a later date revealed that they have changed the way they serve this appetizer. She liked it best the way it is pictured here, along with our fabulous bread.

3168766196_419f0d506f.jpg

Her entree, however, was less fabulous. In fact, we have no idea what it was. It was a new item they were featuring on their menu, and I can't find it listed anywhere. I believe it was a sausage of some sort with Yukon potatoes, but this is a total guess. She sent it back upon eating two bites and got steak instead. But here is the mystery dish. Anyone know what this is?

3167935833_07d586e763.jpg

While Chantell was finishing her meal Curtis and I went outside to watch the fireworks and walk along the street with all the shops lit up. Disney World, despite the screaming children, can really be a romantic place. The lights, the sounds, they're all brilliant!

Our Mother's Day Brunch in Epcot still to come!

Oh, mystery meat and mush do not look good. I have no idea what it is, but I am glad to hear she sent it back for something else. I am glad you had more than one picture of the pizza, because the first picture made it look like a full size large pizza:banana: - I guess I was dreaming about what I could get on a CS meal.

Hope you feel better soon!!!:thumbsup2

5infam, thanks for the well-wishing.
We were on the dining plan, and I've found that you really get plenty of food with it. We always end up with a couple of snack credits left over because sometimes when you're in the park you forget that you can use your snack credits, since you're thinking about a sit down dinner that night.

The best CS, in my opinion, is Sunshine Seasons at Epcot. Heaping food portions, everything's delicious, plus they grow a lot of it on property. Second best would be the Fish & Chips at Epcot.

We will be trying the DP for the first time coming up in April, and Sunshine is definitely on the list. Epcot is our favorite park, and the majority of our TS dinners are reserved at Epcot. Can't wait - until then, we are living vicariously through your review with great pictures.

Great reviews, keep them coming and hope you feel better soon:hug:

But here is the mystery dish. Anyone know what this is?

3167935833_07d586e763.jpg

Great review so far. It looks like the yellow stuff is polenta. Polenta is like mashed potatoes but instead of potatoes it uses cornmeal. I am just guessing.:confused3 Can't wait to read more.

Loralie

It does look like polenta, which is "Italian grits" (and not like mashed potatoes).:)

Sorry for the delay in posting, guys. Just went to the doctor and got a shot. Ouch!

We happened to be in Disney for Mother's Day, and so we signed up early for the Mother's Day Brunch in Epcot. This was truly a beautiful event. Any of you Pin Event Veterans will recognize the venue, I'm sure. Beauty and the Beast, and later Aurora and Prince Phillip were posing for pictures. Every mother was treated like a Princess and the food options were endless. Here's a snapshot of the beverage station.

3168765800_6975a9e344.jpg

There were different stations offering various types of food. I went to the egg station first and got an omelet with two different types of cheese, spinach, and mushrooms. The breakfast bread table was giant, but I got a piece of blueberry loaf and some coffee cake. I also had a couple of slices of bacon. Yum!

3168765926_f0184fd64a.jpg

Curty took advantage of the fresh fruit sampling, as well as potatoes, sausage, and many different types of breakfast breads with various spreads.

3168766094_c4e183deb2.jpg

I didn't get a photo of Chantell's plate, but she was simply glowing! It was a great event and I'd reccomend it to anyone.

Another great review from you. My mom would also love this, hopefully I can treat her someday, enjoy and having fun.

I'm glad you had a great trip. :)

Oooo la la! I'm getting so excited! I'll be dreaming about these food pictures:)
What kind of camera do you have? Your pics look great!

Sorry for the delay in responding everyone.
I finally got rid of that nasty flu!

Anyway, the camera I use is a really old Canon Power Shot, believe it or not. It's not sleek or sexy, but it takes amazing pictures! I love it. =)

I think that's all for this trip.
I'm going back in March and will be photographing food for four!

Thanks for the great reviews and pictures! I'm definitely going to try Sunshine Seasons on my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter