A Very Pleasant Good Alaska Cruise - May 2014 Disney Wonder TR (Updated 1/18)

Great report! We are on the June 8th Alaskan - only 5 months to go. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

Great report! We are on the June 8th Alaskan - only 5 months to go. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

I can't believe how soon the summer cruise season is at this point! I'm definitely going to try to be done with this report before this year's Alaska cruises set sail :rotfl:

This cruise looks absolutely fabulous! Great photos.

It was such a fun experience! Glad you like the pictures :thumbsup2

I am loving your report! We are going on the August 24th cruise and I'm saving like crazy to try and afford the dog sled helicopter excursion but seeing your report from the summer camp has eased my stressing. If I can't quite afford the helicopter I will definately be booking that one :)

I have a pretty full binder so far with all the helpful info, plus, your pictures to help me remember...

A Very Pleasant Good Alaska Cruise
A May/June 2014 Disney Wonder Trip Report

Hi everyone! I’m Taylor, and you might recognize me from my past trip reports—most notably my “life report,” We Moved to Disneyland! Now What…? I’ve been absent from the DIS for a couple months to deal with personal issues and major life changes, but during that time, my wife Tracy and I also had an amazing Disney experience: we took our first Disney Cruise!

Our adventure was a 9-night sailing to Alaska on the Disney Wonder, and we loved every minute of it! From the ship to the ports of call, the entire cruise was a one-of-a-kind experience that has (I think) made us lifelong cruisers.

I’m excited to share all of our experiences with you, but I’m going to try something a little different with this trip report. After years of dealing with the limitations like 25-picture limits per post here on the DISboards, I’m going to post the updates about our cruise on a new Wordpress blog that I started (and hope to continue using to write posts that both are and aren’t Disney related).

I will keep an up-to-date table of contents here on the trip report thread, and I’ll let you all know whenever I post new updates. I also love responding to your comments as you read along, and I will continue to do so whether you comment here or on the blog itself.

I hope all you wonderful faithful readers from my other reports will join us on this adventure, but in case you’re new to my writing and need a little more information to decide if this report is right for you, here is some basic information about Tracy and me.

That’s us. We’ve been together since 2005 and married since 2010, and we figured with the timing of this cruise, we could think of it as an early anniversary celebration. As you will soon read about, our lives changed pretty drastically right before we took this cruise, but up until the beginning of June, Tracy and I were living about 10 minutes away from Disneyland in Orange, CA. We’re Premium Annual Passholders who love all the Disney Parks on both coasts. This was my first cruise and Tracy’s first Disney Cruise, and it was both of our first times to Alaska.

I am probably missing something, but I don't see the link to the wordpress blog?

That is too bad. Because I've really enjoyed following along. I was wondering why there hasn't been any updates for a long time.

But no worries. Just Google and you'll find the trip reports.

Hi All. The DIS moderators went through before the upgrade to the new format and deleted any posts with links to outside sites—so obviously my trip reports took quite a hit. While I can't post a direct link, the blog is called Wandering Mouseketeers if you want to do a web search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter