A Very Lurkyloo Christmas is FINISHED! New 3/16: Last Day of the Trip!

Hey lady, I was at the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia this past Friday, and found a super neat Muppets "Wizard of Oz" display! I instantly though of Patrick and took some non root quality photos!

GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys113.jpg

GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys114.jpg

GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys112.jpg

GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys111.jpg

I also though this elephant made of creepy parts might interest you

GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys076.jpg

Close up on said creepy parts
GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys074.jpg

and just cause I loveeee the Smurfs
GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys109.jpg

and last but not least, a couple of weeks ago, I went with my BFF to the Melting Pot and thought of you the whole time, and how much WE would enjoy this together lol..did I mention my bff hates food..oi. o here are some pics for you, do know you were there in spirit ;>

GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys006.jpg

GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys008.jpg

See how SKINNY Bff is!
GDOpleasetouchswimmingatstaceys004.jpg

I loved MVMCP when I did it.

It seemed magical. And let's not forget that I walked on POTC when I went. Which made it so much more magical.

New Year's Eve at WDW? :scared1: You are BRAVE!!! Thanks for coming along on the pre-trippie!

I went a couple of years ago, for NYE. It was so much fun. We had a great time. It was very crowded, but I never felt overwhelmed at all.

I went a couple of years ago, for NYE. It was so much fun. We had a great time. It was very crowded, but I never felt overwhelmed at all.

Good to know.

We might be going for christmas 2010 and new years 2011

Good to know.

We might be going for christmas 2010 and new years 2011

I think you will have a great time.

Just go knowing, it will be crowded, and don't let yourself get overwhelmed. We knew we may, or may not get to do everything, but we used fastpass, and just enjoy being there during that time. We ended up getting to do everything, somethings only once, but that was okay.

We went to DHS on New Years eve, they had a big firework show. A lot of people stayed after midnight, but there were a lot leaving too. Disney was very organized, with everything, and when it was time to leave, we had no problems. I'm sure being at the Magic Kingdom, or Epcot, now that may be a whole different story...lol

I fear that I shall never meet Mr. & Mrs. Lurkyloo. I always seem to JUST miss you guys. :sad1:

:wave2:

I can't wait to see you with all that larger than life gingerbread and chocolate around you. Will you be able to maintain your Lurky wits?

I enjoyed your "Wedding Crasher" Trip Report so much that I am now subscribing to this one! Really looking forward to hearing all about your trip when it arrives!

and here is my entrance fee......a Cake By Jen original! :lmao:

2ndbday007.jpg

How exciting, Lurkyloo is going in December! I SO can't wait for your report, I am stocking up on my Dr. Pepper as we speak!

Oh and I also am currently in negotiations with my DH to squeeze in a December (or November) trip. Who knows... if not, I can live vicariously through the Lurkyloos!

Yay! Another trip! You're like the drug I never have to wean myself off of.

:rotfl2: I love it! I feel the same way about WDW...

My DH isn't into chocolate too much plus why would I want him to like it...then I will have to *SHARE* I don't like that idea.

Oooooh... that's a really good point! :thumbsup2

So I was thinking... the last PTR had cake o' the day. Why should we limit ourselves to one delicious genre of desserts? Why exclude icre cream, or (one of my personal favorites) cookies? Or your PB marshmallow bars? I think we need a dessert of the day now.

Great idea! Part of me worries I'll have trouble finding enough pictures (we are talking about more than 150 Desserts of the Day!), but this is the Internets we're talking about here...

Yay! More TR!

Hi! Yay indeed! :cool1:

Nearly every time I read through one of your pre-tr's or tr's, I end up baking something, so my boyfriend will be glad to know that you have started a new one since he reaps the benefits of your cake obsession more then anyone else.

Well isn't he the lucky little bozo? :goodvibes

I don't know how to post a picture or I'd pay my admission price of cake now. Pretend you are looking at a seven-tier wedding cake made entirely of chocolate cake and chocolate frosting with creatively broken Hershey bars all over it as decorations that end up looking like swirlies.

Picturing..... drooling.... yep - that counts as admission! :thumbsup2

Here's my admission fee----it's kinda got a Patrick feel to it.

That is an AMAZING Muppet cake!

OH. MY. GAWD. We are in the process of planning a trip to The World that same week! Does this mean I could actually have the possibility of meeting the [Disney] World-famous Mr. and Mrs. Lurkyloo?! DF calls me a "Lurkyloo stalker" because I get excited every time you have a new report - just wait til he hears I might get the chance to stalk you in-person!!

:rotfl: I hope he likes cake!!!

I just laughed so loud that I had to explain the situation to my confused bf, lmao. Yep, I'm doing the Fall 2009 CP - I'm so psyched!

Also, can I just say that your hilarious tweets always brighten my twitter stream? Well, they do.

Awwww.... that's a sweet thing to say! :cloud9:

Oh I am so IN!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!! :banana:

2 things - Carrie, I will try your ideas for convincing DH to go back to WDW. I've got him sold on DL at LEAST 3 times in the fall, now I need to convince him that WDW is the place to be - maybe for Christmas...

Also, I covet that Electric Mayhem cake! I LOVE it! Everyone always posts the best cakes on your threads!

That is all. Back to drooling and dreamin'.

Well three DL trips ain't too shabby - are you coming down for the D23 Expo?

A new Lurkyloo trip to look forward to is the perfect antidote to the end of your TR! Your plans sound terrific. I toured the BLT model room and thought to myself that I'd need to be having a bubble bath there too! Perfect set-up! Hopefully it's one-way glass b/c while I would be loving the lake/castle view anyone able to look in would not be similarly inspired.

:lmao: And, yeah - if they handed out free Basin bath bombs at the end of the DVC tour, I think they might get even more members.

Hey lady, I was at the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia this past Friday, and found a super neat Muppets "Wizard of Oz" display! I instantly though of Patrick and took some non root quality photos! .... and last but not least, a couple of weeks ago, I went with my BFF to the Melting Pot and thought of you the whole time, and how much WE would enjoy this together lol..did I mention my bff hates food..oi. o here are some pics for you, do know you were there in spirit[/B]

Those are great pix! I would love to try the Melting Pot - I've only ever been to a fondue place once, but I luuurved it ('cept for all the fruit). Now what's this about your bff hating food? That's just wrong... and how do I catch whatever she has, cuz I would be a toothpick!

YAY! A PTR! Can't wait for your next TR!

Me neither!!!

Yeah another Lurkyloo Trippie!!!!

Thanks!!! Also, I apologize for removing your lovely set of :cool1:s from this quote - stoopid DIS image limit....

I loved MVMCP when I did it.

It seemed magical. And let's not forget that I walked on POTC when I went. Which made it so much more magical.

Definitely! I'm starting to get excited about it now. I should do some research about the best days to go.

I think you have the right idea - if I just prepared myself for the crowds, maybe I'd be OK.

Yeah another TR! I'm here!

Hiya! :wave2:

I fear that I shall never meet Mr. & Mrs. Lurkyloo. I always seem to JUST miss you guys.

Well you know the real reason is that you and I are the same person, and we just fool everyone into thinking there are two of us. We had a close call on your wedding day when we almost had to be in the same place at the same time - thank goodness our cover remains intact! :rotfl:

I can't wait to see you with all that larger than life gingerbread and chocolate around you. Will you be able to maintain your Lurky wits?

Fortunately I only have half a wit to maintain! :lmao:

I enjoyed your "Wedding Crasher" Trip Report so much that I am now subscribing to this one! Really looking forward to hearing all about your trip when it arrives!

That's very cool - thanks for jumping onboard!

I'm here...5 pages later, you are fast girl, already starting another PTR! I'm going back to read now....but 1st subbing!!!!

Great to see you!

and here is my entrance fee......a Cake By Jen original!

That's a really cool cake - is that a Cake By Jen as in YOU? Wow! :)

How exciting, Lurkyloo is going in December! I SO can't wait for your report, I am stocking up on my Dr. Pepper as we speak!

Oh and I also am currently in negotiations with my DH to squeeze in a December (or November) trip. Who knows... if not, I can live vicariously through the Lurkyloos!

Ooh - best of luck with negotiations. Feel free to use my hardball tactics... :teeth:

OK, I'm not sure I'm going to have the stamina to find a new picture every day like I did with Cake o' the Day in my May pre-trip report, but what the heck - how about a Dessert of the Day picture?

Today's fell in my lap (not literally ;)) when my coworker had a birthday. It was some kind of chocolate mousse confection, and not half bad...

photo-29.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter