A Very Angelic Christmas - The Prequel

Angeluk

....polishing up my halo!
A Very Angelic Christmas

The Prequel

Starring:

Me!: planner, booker, organiser, spender of great wads of money:) Will always be a teenager at heart;)
Vince (DH): keeper of teh wallet, coaster rider - lover of football & music. Was never a teenager!!
Becky(DD): 13, nearly 14. well into the teenage strop years, grunge & new metal/punk music, loves to draw cartoons and born to shop;)

This was to be our 5th trip to Florida, and our second this year (wow, never thought I’d say that!)…although it wasn’t originally planned that wayJ

A some of you know (!) we had booked to go to WDW in Feb 2002, one year after the last trip but due to some very good offers around Xmas time I found on the ‘net, plus the fact that I had a ‘special’ birthday coming up (yes, 21 again guys!), the lure of a Disney Xmas proved too much……amid much encouragement from the Dis-ers I might add!;)

Things would be quite different this trip though. We were to stay off site, a first for us so would be interested too how we got on…no UMP this time!

We were all looking forward to our trip, booked just 8 weeks before the time, and the idea of being in Florida at Xmas but I must admit as time went on I did wonder if I’d miss my family too much, we are pretty close really.

So, my story begins the day before our flight really, Saturday 15th December, when we are to leave home and drive down to Kent, just across the Dartford Bridge. Vince’s Christmas ‘do’ was being held at a hotel and his boss had booked us all in for the night…(including Becky) how nice!……….

…..Mid day Becky goes off to town to say a fond farewell to all her crowd. This is a godsend as it allows me to get on with the packing. Vince drops the cat off at the cattery after lots of hugs from Becky (don’t worry, he’ll be in 5 * star luxury over Christmas…he’s even got an ‘en-suite’!!)

OK, take everything out of the big suitcase we got in Orlando in Feb, repack it all into the 2 smaller bags, so it won’t weigh more than Becky does! I’ve always wanted to be one of those people who travel with one small case and matching flight bag, you know what I mean? As it is, we have 2 cases and one holdall between us (*but we have to buy another case in Florida!;))

We leave after last minute calls from Mum bidding a teary goodbye and last minute notes for kind neighbours, Vince has set the security lights, which are set to come on at dusk (but apparently flash on and off most of the fortnight we are away…great!!). Remember to pick up Becky on way through town…phew…..and are on our way by 5pm…….
……..Which is just as well as Vince manages to forget the map and route instructions and we have a lovely (!) scenic tour of Gillingham, Chatham, Stroud and the Medway Tunnel (twice), hmmm….no dear, you said you’d bring the map…I did all the packing, remember?

Anyway, good party, nice quiet room, great Smirnoff Ice, and terrible music (just not into the 60’s I’m afraid). Becky and I have had enough by 10.30, we’re too excited and want to sleep so we can get up and go….if you see what I mean! Alarm call is booked for 5.15 am and Vince rolls in way after us….sweet dreams….are we really going tomorrow???

Mandy thank goodness you kept copies, I'd just started on your reports when the crash happend.
Looking forward to a good olde read :)

Dave, so glad you posted, felt a bit silly re'posting these. Glad you're reading them!:) (can't believe I kept copies, I'm so unorganised!)

Thanks for the wonderful reports - luv reading them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!