• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A trip to the very HOT place! DD arrived at WDW College Program!!

Linda,

Thanks so much. This was my first time trying it and I should of been prepared and had my extra memory card and batteries ready to go before hand, but no, think of that for NEXT time.

I wanted to tell you that I loved your video of fantasmic. My digital camera does'nt have sound and I took a video clip of wishes and it looks great but I would've loved to have sound with it. Linda

Hi:wave2: Really enjoying your trip report so far.:cheer2: Sorry that you were sick in WDW, but especially sorry you were sick in the heat.:sad2:

Thanks for joining the fun. I definately feel it would have been a more enjoyable trip, but we made the most of it.

Hi:wave2: Really enjoying your trip report so far.:cheer2: Sorry that you were sick in WDW, but especially sorry you were sick in the heat.:sad2:

PrincessAlways,

I see you are from PA, do you fly out of Philly (or are you on the 'other' side)? From your siggy, I see you have a 'long' weekend trip coming up. What constitutes a long weekend? Do you go Friday to Monday? See the wheels are turning and I'm trying to 'justify' a weekend trip in October to check on dd princess:

Yes, I fly out of Philly. The "long weekend" is indeed Friday to Monday. Can't wait! :banana:

Your Photopass pictures are great! I reallly like the ones with your kids holding Tink!

Had an appointment yesterday to get a new tatoo (now you know a little about me) and it took a LOT longer than I had imagined!!!! :confused3 I have two 'smaller' ones, and they never took long, needless to say, this was bigger :scared1: than I had thought and I was so wiped :eek: when I finally got done. Had to pick up DS from work and got home after 8pm finally able to relax a little and have some dinner. Needless to say, i was NOT up to sitting typing last night. Sorry about that.

It’s hard to believe this is about this time last week.

It’s getting harder to remember as the week goes by and my head was so foggy. I am finally starting to feel better, thank goodness.

After doing the Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, we decided it was time for lunch. Walked over to the Noodle Station to find it isn’t open yet??? No wonder it was so quiet over there. Would have been nice, but oh well, we walked back to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. I read recently on the boards how some places weren’t letting people save seats. After watching so many families have trouble getting a table after they got their food due to all the people ‘saving’ seats for all the others in line, I wish they implemented this. I’m sorry for those families that find this necessary. I watched several families hold up several tables (each family putting one person at each table, ‘saving’ two or three tables for their party), and then when they FINALLY came with their food, they ended up moving to another table all together. It was ridicules!!!! Ok, off my tirade for now.

After lunch we were feeling the heat and thought it was best to head back to POP for a relaxing afternoon. I am so for going to the park at opening and leaving early. It was so much more relaxing this way.

A tip I read recently, but one we’ve been doing for a few years, is on the way out of the park (especially in all the heat), walk through the stores on the right side of the street… they are connected all the way from Casey’s Corner to the front of Main Street. Granted if it is crowded, you have to weave, but when it’s 96 and HUMID, it feels soooo good in there.

Back at Pop, we had our daily down time.

As usual when we returned to POP, we found a little magic in our room. The mousekeepers love playing with our toys!!!

2707603760074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We headed back to MK around 4pm, wanting to eat dinner at one of the counter places in MK.

We headed to use our fast passes on Space Mountain, was pretty worn out, so let the kids ride. We sat outside the ‘shop’ there and waiting for what seemed like FOREVER!!! Couldn’t imagine what was taking so long since they already had their fp’s. Now, you know that over the years, you hear of things happening on rides and my stupid imagination runs wild. What if someone got hurt, we had all the phones with us so they wouldn’t loose them in the ride, no way to contact us, etc… Am I an obsessive mom??? Yea, you got the pictures. When the finally came out of the ride/shop, I snatched this pic. They really do love each other.

2081325600074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

While we sat there waiting and waiting and WAITING, the line that was somewhat ‘shorter’ when the kids headed in was NOW backed up all the way towards the DVC kiosk. We still had two fastpasses so we ‘shared’ some pixie dust with someone in line.

We then headed back to Fantasy Land for dinner and grabbed a fast pass for POOH, I LOVE pooh…

2912451240074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

I had seen pictures and so wanted to try the Figaro Fries at Pinocchio Village Haus. These are AWESOME and worth a trip back. I don’t eat fries very often. If I do, it’s only a couple, these were so yummy with all the toppings, made it more like a meal (it was my meal, but I did share it). This is another place that too many people are saving tables, but we were fortunate in getting a table without waiting. But the oddest configuration with the tables; you can move the chairs all around, yet the tables are ‘stuck’ to the floor. We were at a table that has a bench on one side and two chairs on the other side. Then next to us was the ‘corner table’. It was impossible for the person to get around their table without putting their butt in our table.

After dinner, it still wasn’t time for our fp’s for POOH so off to Adventure Land we went. (saved those for my scrap book).

On the way there, had to put the kids in the stockades

2034677020074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2444053910074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2682094470074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

We had left over fast passes from this am for BTMR, so off we went over there. I was not feeling up to the ride, so I sat and got an Frozen Minute Maid lemonade, so yummy when you are hot. Called home and talked to our son who has been house sitting/dog sitting.

After this, it was off to Frontier Land as we wanted to do the Jungle cruise as it started to get dark (read it’s better then). Grabbed a fast pass for that and went onto Pirates again. The cm that was by Pirates told us it was a 10 minute wait. We went way far in and then it seemed to stop, but it really didn’t’ take lone. Luckily after this, it was time for our fast pass to Jungle. We had an awesome ‘cruise’ director and he did such a good job. (If you know this guy, tell him good job!!!)

2392148930074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

After this, it was once again time to head back. I was disappointed that we hadn’t seen any of the parades, but just felt so bad I couldn’t imagine sitting in the humid heat for a couple hours to watch the parade and then the fireworks. Knowing we’ll be back in a few months, so that’s ok.

So, it was back to POP for the night. Tomorrow: Animal Kingdom in the HEAT of August. We must be nuts!!!

Figaro Fries? Never heard of them, but sounds like I NEED them. Yum.

(I also need to put my kids in the stockades.)

Great update! :) I am hoping that next month I can get my family (mostly the kids) moving earlier so that we can take a break from the heat in the afternoon. Last year we were there in Nov. so the heat wasn't an issue. Thanks for the tip about walking through the shops on Main Street. Hopefully I will remember it. :)

It was like a taco salad but fries instead of meat. There were fries with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream (if thats what the white stuff is, lol).

YUMMY!!!!

I saw a photo on one of the boards with the pics of food around the parks!!! So good. I never take pics of food though, usually too hungry to stop and do that.

Figaro Fries? Never heard of them, but sounds like I NEED them. Yum.

(I also need to put my kids in the stockades.)

Kelly,

We never got to the parks at rope drop until I read so many tips here and TGM. Needless to say, it has saved so much time and made for much more enjoyable days. When the kids were little and we went, we would go back to the hotel for an afternoon swim and lunch (always had a fridge). Saves money and sanity.

Wishing you well on your upcoming trip.

Great update! :) I am hoping that next month I can get my family (mostly the kids) moving earlier so that we can take a break from the heat in the afternoon. Last year we were there in Nov. so the heat wasn't an issue. Thanks for the tip about walking through the shops on Main Street. Hopefully I will remember it. :)

Needless to say, we are going to Animal Kingdom today!!! Can you tell I’m excited? I really like Animal Kingdom, even if it is the HOTTEST :sunny: park of all. We were a little late getting there, as is the bus was the only one NOT coming this am. :guilty: Seems MK had three buses in the time we waited for ONE AK bus. So frustrating when you want to be there before rope drop. We arrived at AK and headed straight for the entrance. :goodvibes Why do the value bus stops have to be soooo far away (I know because you get what you pay for, huh??) When you are already feeling so-so, you just want to be there. :sick:

I love the welcome to AK sign, but so does everyone else. Couldn’t get near it to take a pic. Took this one on the way OUT of the park.

2748706220074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Headed straight for Everest. DH and I rode this last year. I love roller coasters, but this one made me queasy. I was fine until it went backwards. UGH!!! :scared: So needless to say, it was already a LONG line when we got there (not realizing all the ropes hadn’t been set up, so it was really just one straight line). Never did see what the wait time was, but decided they would fast pass. I finally saw the sign hours later.

Decided to go wait for Kali River Rapids to open (that starts at 9:30). We got right in line and within minutes we were moving on through. Didn’t take anytime to be all the way up and loading the raft. We also road this last year, so we knew what to expect. The kids did NOT. We were in a full raft and knew to put our belongings away (in the middle section). We had a great ride and got wet, but not too bad. So, we thought, hey why not go again??!! STUPID!!!! You didn’t get soaked, take it as a blessing. Aubre, hubby and I decided on another trip. Tyler was the SMART one and decided he’d watch us from the bridge and try to get some pics. The wave came up over the raft and completely soaked Dale & I. I look awful drenched.

2474932230074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Aubre got soaked, but not down to the bone like Dale & I.

2830629090074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2000120140074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Do you know how uncomfortable it is to walk around literally dripping wet? I wrung out my clothes while walking around, but had worn shorts that were a little too big and they had elastic waist and were very HEAVY when wet and kept sliding down. UGH!!! We stopped to see the cute monkey’s playing. They are adorable. If you look closely you’ll see the baby monkey in the white monkey’s arms.

2316114100074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Then it was time to walk over to Africa since we still had a while for our fast passes for Everest. The more we walked the more uncomfortable I got. In Africa we got fast passes for the safari (dh actually wanted us to wait in the 40 or 50 minute line!!!!????) I think the heat was affecting him, as we have not waiting in a line like that in two years. I was not going to start now. We walked around a bit, watched some African dancers before heading BACK to ASIA for EE. We got back over to EE and I was certain I was NOT going to ride. I was too miserable. So instead, I found somewhere to SIT and try to dry some, I actually snuck into the bathroom and wrung my clothes out. I could NOT believe how wet they still were. Take this as a BIG tip: If you do not get soaked on Kali River Rapids, DON’T ride it again!!!

The kids and hubby loved EE. After they rode we walked AGAIN back to Africa. Needless to say, I wore flip flops today, knowing I was going to get wet. My feet were tired and I was more miserable. (Boy can I be downer, sorry for sounding so ungrateful).

I’ll continue in a few with the rest of AK (need to take a break and the next section has more pics)

I got a little backwards here, we did the Pangani Forest Exploration (photos below) before Everest. These photos are from the Forest Exploration. I love to take pics, can you tell?

2730486300074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

A mommy duck, with her babies under her wing.
2036839800074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

I love how the bird hung upside down to work on this ‘nest’
2362499600074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2949337270074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2479035310074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

A bunny ‘hiding out’ may be some ones dinner later
2526142600074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2598741930074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

what are you looking at???
2869384980074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2677991520074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2378285840074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Then we went back to Asia to ride Everest (not earlier as noted previously). Not that it matters, but going to through my photos, helps me keep it in order.

2510476600074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Then it was back to Africa to use our fastpasses for the safari..

2084094090074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2743061410074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2564029110074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

2086789310074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2829062520074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2906260460074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

Two baby elephants playing in the water
2359108630074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

After the safari, it was time to call it a day. We were HOT, I was still wet (slowly drying some) and very miserable. I just wanted to get out of those clothes and either lay down and nap or go for a swim. But, it was time to GO!!!

Coming up next, DTD!!!

Great update. Hard to see some pics they were small, but great still.

Day five – evening….

Remember earlier in the week, dh and ds did the Segway tour around Epcot. Well, tonight was for Aubre and I!! We left POP for Downtown Disney around 4pm or so. Wanted to have dinner at Wolf Gang Puck Café (express). We had eaten in the TS two years ago and boy was it delicious, but not being on the dining plan, we decided to do the express. Wow, $50+ for counter service, probably our most expensive meal all week. It was yummy and we took our time. After dinner it was time to walk all around DTD. We spent some time in Virgin (boy is that a big store). We spent a lot of time just browsing the stores. DD did buy a cd, but I think that’s about it.

One stop that is a must do is the Harley Davidson shop. Dh is going to buy his first Harley in a few weeks and we just love to check out the stores and the kids have their pics taken on the bikes.

2071038550074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2643884790074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2927335160074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

2836495100074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2211472310074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2395920690074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

Finally it was time for ‘our’ treat. Aubre and I have been waiting patiently until it was time for us to go to Cirque du Soleil. Remember Aubre was a gymnast; she has wanted to see this for years. This is a no camera event. I so wish I was able to take pics, as this clip does not do it justice. Found a few youtube clips (guess these people snuck and took the video).

An awesome clip of this show.

Scott,

Thanks for staying for the ride. I was afraid too many pics would be too much for some people to load on their computers (delaying things) so I tried to use the 'smaller' ones. It may also be my screen (now that we have a widescreen, i forget what they look like in a 'normal' screen).

Great update. Hard to see some pics they were small, but great still.

I think it was the animals were further away, the motorcycle ones were fine. My fault. Still waiting for my new glasses.
Great update. I had no idea that store was there.
:thumbsup2
Cannot wait to read more.

Yes, you did look just a little wet after Kali! :rotfl: Did you enjoy Cirque du Soleil? I really loved that show! Can't wait to read more about your trip! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter