A tourist just told me this....

Raulandpinboy

<font color=blue>Table-dancing auctioneer<br><font
I was at DTD getting my map pin with my Stitch insert.

Just then a tourist tried to stop me and informed me that the pin traders on the other side told her not to install the insert that it would make the pin less valuable and harder to trade.

So I started thinking, are they right, or should we just let these poor people alone and let them have fun. Also can you trade a build-a-pin with a cast member if you get tired or bored with it?

My opinion....

Leave these people alone let them build the pin, that way it means more to them, they are holding on to these pin like they were gold, on Ebay they are worth nothing thanks to people like me who help those that cant get one cause they live up north get one. :p Sorry greedy people

As to trading I'm up in the air I would want to trade a cast member a map pin with Stitch on it, and they do say Disney on them.

What do the rest of you think?????

My question is -- why would anyone want to trade one of the build a pins with a CM in the first place? I thought the whole thing about the build a pin is that it gives someone a chance to create a unique souvenir of WDW. Trading that onto a CM lanyard would be like trading one of the photo pins from last year's Epcot Pin Celebration.

I wouldn't doubt if there are people holding onto the bases and add-ons in the anticipation that they become valuable when they are retired. But to tell a tourist or a casual pin trader not to install the insert because that would ruin the value of the pin? Maybe not quite a dorsal fin alert, but it's easy to see where their first thoughts are.

Next time I buy a t-shirt, remind me not to wear it so that I can sell it on ebay in a few years... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter