A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Love Jason’s railway track photo and your wee photobomber :rotfl:
Post-race traffic looks horrendous so I’m happy for you that you made the wise decision to virtually cheer them on from your cosy bed :cheer2:
I’ve never been to the Grand Floridian but breakfast looks great and sure a bloody Kari is bound to get any meal off to a great start !:thumbsup2

Glad they all survived the race and the trip back after it!

That eggs Benedict flight sounds right up my alley! I feel it would pair perfectly with the mimosa flight they have at Kona Cafe...

I hope you do a dining review of our Epic Trip. I'd especially like to know all the tipsy deets at CG brunch!
Sadly no tipsy notes from the trip. Well no notes at all is more accurate. I decided to take the whole weekend "off" and just enjoy my chunkylush self

That is only fitting since he has an elephant on his shirt. He must have dressed for the occasion.
Cause who doesn't peruse dinner menus and then look to match what you drink 🤷‍♀️ Of course that didn't work out very well the time we went to Naked Mountain Winery :P

This looks very...interesting. The lamb actually looks like a hasselback potato.
I don't know what a hassleback potato but thank now Elizabeth Hasselbeck is front and center in my crazy brain

You can't just drink. You must drink drink. You are Chunkylush so one drink is not enough.
Its like you know me or something :drinking1

Haha the chef probably made some moonshine in one of the pantries...
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Maybe that is what they used all the bathtubs in @ariane37 Roy Disney suite for

Love Jason’s railway track photo and your wee photobomber :rotfl:
Those 2 are definitely cut from the same cloth.

I’ve never been to the Grand Floridian but breakfast looks great and sure a bloody Kari is bound to get any meal off to a great start !:thumbsup2
You said that right. And what do you know speaking of great starts I had one just this morning at brunch!

Glad they all survived the race and the trip back after it!

That eggs Benedict flight sounds right up my alley! I feel it would pair perfectly with the mimosa flight they have at Kona Cafe...
Yum! That would be good. We had brunch out this morning and I had a "southern" benedict which was a biscuit with a piece of fried chicken sausage gravy and a poached egg. It was so good!

The Bloody Mary may give the Grand Mimosa at GFC a challenge for the next time we visit. I am a big breakfast for any meal person but never been a huge fan of Eggs Benedict. Perhaps with lobster or chorizo my mind might be changed.

The Bloody Mary may give the Grand Mimosa at GFC a challenge for the next time we visit. I am a big breakfast for any meal person but never been a huge fan of Eggs Benedict. Perhaps with lobster or chorizo my mind might be changed.
I'm not a huge OJ or champagne fan so I haven't tried the mimosa there. Only at California Grill where of course I cannot turn down free ones!

You should give the benedicts a whirl though. I love all the flavors, but am not always a fan of Canadian bacon so these definitely mixed it up.

Get Your Craic On

After the half marathon I thought MGM would be a good park since its so compact, but I’d forgot about the 10K you had to do from the bus drop off so maybe I should have rethought that one.

We did eventually make it in and stopped on the way in for Casey to randomly hula hoop.

It was during this excursion where Jason found his favorite character of the trip – Hula Hoop Bob - who you can barely see behind Casey. From what we could gather he is a photopass photographer but what drew Jason’s attention is that he did not move. At all. We watched him for a solid 5 minutes and thought perhaps he was sleeping standing up (or worse). We looked for him for the rest of the trip to confirm that he was still standing but we never saw him again. Zoinks!!

After that harrowing character interaction we stopped for some pictures with a breathing cast member to commemorate the occassion.

And then paid homage to Casey's once favorite ride.

R.I.P. Great Movie Ride

Then we did the 2.3 attractions in the park before Casey conquered Rockin’ Roller Coaster for the first time.

Between my quadruple chins, Casey’s terror, and D2’s she just 💩 herself face I’m not sure who had the hardest time but Casey did survive and even got photographic evidence of it.

We ended up grabbing a few beers afterwards and sitting on a bench on Sunset Boulevard for a while to watch the human parade that is a day in Disney World.

Our favorites were a bunch of millennials who were having their very own Tyra Banks moment with at least 15 minutes of constant photos including the coveted laying on the dirty disgusting ground shots. This generation I do not get says the old lady.

Before leaving, R2D2 somehow (aka 2 beers) got me on Tower of Terror which as someone with a fear of heights is just about my worst nightmare.

But this is fun, right?

We eventually left and caught a bus to Disney Springs. We had reservations at Raglan Road but despite this waited 45 minutes for a table! This was our second time eating here and the same thing happened the first time around so I’m sensing a pattern. So what are girls to do when faced with a long wait? Drink of course!

From here my notes get a little tipsy lite as I apparently either had a Smithwicks or a Pear Cider. I’m guessing they are very different and I should know the difference but I got nada.

We were finally seated in a very dark and small back room which did not lend itself to photos (so apologies in advance for the horrible quality). But we started with their yummy bread with a Guinness dipping sauce.

Or as my notes say yummy soda Guinness with oli and sugar food. Sugar food????

To drink I went with a Strawberry cider with “lien that was a little sugary and no nuf tart.” Apparently sugar was a reoccurring theme.

Jason got “guineas” which I’m guessing is actually a Guinness and not a small rodent.

Though from that mustache he is sporting perhaps that is actually fur?

In the get in my belly department Casey took a rare turn and had her second own meal of the day with the kids fish and chips.

From my notes she liked this and ate all the fish before the chips but “didn’t fonsihb”???? I got nothing.

Jason and D2 also got Fish and Chips but for crazy people who had run a half marathon and 2 10Ks to get in and out of MGM, the size of this was definitely less than satisfying.

They both liked the crispy and tender fish and chips but for $20 this was skimpy at best. Jason commented that “cankers kids meal times 2 and get twice and much for 2 less. “ Which I’m gonna go out on a limb and say translates to you could order 2 kids meals of fish and chips and get twice as much food for $2 less. Pro translation and tip right there.

R2 went with a more satisfying meal and ordered the bangers and mash.

Per my prolific notes “bang mash like.”

Side note, what is up with those god awful old lady plates? I think it would be hard to get anything to taste good on that.

Saving the best for last I ordered the Scallop Forest appetizer as my entrée.

This is Georges Bank scallops in a golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam and hands down one of the best things I ate all week. Now I love scallops and eat them a lot but this was my first time having them fried. The crunchy batter added a nice texture to the tender scallops and they were amazing dipped in the housemade tarter sauce I stole from Jason. It did come with two sauces of its own but “no like fruit and tomato sauce but tarter best don’t norm like but very dull forward.” Oh so dull forward is the secret to a good tarter sauce.

I also ordered a side of the very Irish Parmesan Truffle Chips.

These oddly had no actual truffle flavor and an overabundance of garlic. I asked for some additional truffle oil to add to them, but our server just brought me a thing of garlic oil. Guess that explains why there was no truffle flavor. Beyond the flavor the fries themselves also weren’t great as fries not cooked weak and cold.” Poor raw, cold, and weak garlic fries. Maybe I’ll start a go fund me fundraiser for them.

We had planned to get some bread pudding to share, but after our long wait everyone was exhausted (or tipsy) so we took a bus back to the Grand Floridian and drove back to Shades from there. I generally like the food at Raglan Road – and the scallops were divine – but a long wait coupled with not being able to see the entertainment were a definite disappointment. But thanks to many beers we had craic anyway (thanks @luvpoohandcompany for the vocabulary lessons). Don’t think we’ll be back again anytime soon, but with our tables in wonderland card we did save $30.80.

Up next we’re back on our own…

The humidity was apparently miserable and they all unanimously hated the course. Outside of running through Magic Kingdom most of the course is just on roads which I gather are not very exciting. Between the weather and the course Jason was ready to end it all.
Best picture ever!
Someone was apparently feeling left out of all the photos today and had to make sure you knew she was still here.
I see that cute little face!
To go with the bloody mary chorizo theme R2 got the Chorizo Benedict with Two-poached Eggs, Toasted English Muffin, Fresh Chorizo Sausage, Bell Pepper Relish, and Chorizo-Hollandaise served with Marinated Tomato Salad.
Looks delicious!
As for me, I took a queue from @Dis_Yoda and went for the Café Sandwich an Open-faced Hot Sandwich with Ham, Roasted Turkey Breast, Bacon, Tomato, Boursin Cheese Sauce, and Onion Rings.
Exactly what I would choose!
We did eventually make it in and stopped on the way in for Casey to randomly hula hoop.
My kids at school are so obsessed with hula hooping right now!
After that harrowing character interaction we stopped for some pictures with a breathing cast member to commemorate the occassion.
Love it!
Then we did the 2.3 attractions in the park before Casey conquered Rockin’ Roller Coaster for the first time.
The expression on her face is priceless!
Before leaving, R2D2 somehow (aka 2 beers) got me on Tower of Terror which as someone with a fear of heights is just about my worst nightmare.
You and Bill both! Although he did promise to ride it once with me in July.
We were finally seated in a very dark and small back room which did not lend itself to photos (so apologies in advance for the horrible quality). But we started with their yummy bread with a Guinness dipping sauce.
I love that bread service!
They both liked the crispy and tender fish and chips but for $20 this was skimpy at best. Jason commented that “cankers kids meal times 2 and get twice and much for 2 less. “ Which I’m gonna go out on a limb and say translates to you could order 2 kids meals of fish and chips and get twice as much food for $2 less. Pro translation and tip right there.
So skimpy! Two kids orders would be a much better deal.
Saving the best for last I ordered the Scallop Forest appetizer as my entrée.
That scallop forest looks incredible. :)
We had planned to get some bread pudding to share, but after our long wait everyone was exhausted (or tipsy) so we took a bus back to the Grand Floridian and drove back to Shades from there. I generally like the food at Raglan Road – and the scallops were divine – but a long wait coupled with not being able to see the entertainment were a definite disappointment. But thanks to many beers we had craic anyway (thanks @luvpoohandcompany for the vocabulary lessons). Don’t think we’ll be back again anytime soon, but with our tables in wonderland card we did save $30.80.
a 45 minute wait really is inexcusable...I can see why you wouldn't be in a hurry to go back when there are so many other great options.

And then paid homage to Casey's once favorite ride.
I absolutely LOVE this pic!!!!

You go, Casey! There's no way I could ride this!!!!!!

So what are girls to do when faced with a long wait? Drink of course!
Umm, YEAH!!!!

Pro translation and tip right there.
I like that!

Great food and drink translations as always!!!!

I really should just put a bunch of emojis this whole update had me cracking up!

After the half marathon I thought MGM would be a good park since its so compact, but I’d forgot about the 10K you had to do from the bus drop off so maybe I should have rethought that one.

You just didnt want to feel left out, its like you raced as well! 10k's all around!

t was during this excursion where Jason found his favorite character of the trip – Hula Hoop Bob - who you can barely see behind Casey. From what we could gather he is a photopass photographer but what drew Jason’s attention is that he did not move. At all. We watched him for a solid 5 minutes and thought perhaps he was sleeping standing up (or worse). We looked for him for the rest of the trip to confirm that he was still standing but we never saw him again. Zoinks!!

OMG - Dying!

Between my quadruple chins, Casey’s terror, and D2’s she just 💩 herself face I’m not sure who had the hardest time but Casey did survive and even got photographic evidence of it.

haha! you go girls! I have never done this ride.... i may skip it forever!

Our favorites were a bunch of millennials who were having their very own Tyra Banks moment with at least 15 minutes of constant photos including the coveted laying on the dirty disgusting ground shots. This generation I do not get says the old lady.

LOVE hahah, this is amazing

I loved the Tipsy notes as always! but not going to lie you did not sell me on adding Raglan Road as our Disney Springs meal thats for sure!

The scallop forest is so good, I remember having this the 1x we went to Raglan Road and loved it!

Casey does look a little freaked on RnRc and I don’t blame her. We have a big picture of me on it with my son years ago and I am screaming with my eyes closed, I can’t kive down that picture!

Yay for more tipsy notes! Good thing you can decipher some:lmao:

Thank you for finding the perfect picture for my new favorite DIS emoji! Best part of the DIS update 💩💩💩💩💩

Hey I got you on and I didn't have to give you a drink (till after) #cheapdate #easy

We haven't been to RR in quite a few years but it's not our fave. At least you drank well!

These oddly had no actual truffle flavor and an overabundance of garlic. I asked for some additional truffle oil to add to them, but our server just brought me a thing of garlic oil. Guess that explains why there was no truffle flavor. Beyond the flavor the fries themselves also weren’t great as fries not cooked weak and cold.” Poor raw, cold, and weak garlic fries. Maybe I’ll start a go fund me fundraiser for them.

This literally just made me giggle. Sorry Raglan wasn't the best. I agree their fish and chips is small for the price. The scallops sound great though!

Get Your Craic On
Ooh I’m hoping the craic was mighty!

Sure why wouldn’t you hula hoop :rotfl:
Jason found his favorite character of the trip – Hula Hoop Bob

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thank goodness you found a real living cast member!! They took awesome photos :thumbsup2
R.I.P. Great Movie Ride
I miss this ride too:sad:
Casey conquered Rockin’ Roller Coaster for the first time.
Wow way to go Casey! I’ve never been on this ride because I’m a wimp ( sometimes).
We had reservations at Raglan Road but despite this waited 45 minutes for a table!

This happened us too but I blamed it on the fact that I’d asked for the main room. They then showed us into that crappy side room and I told the person seating us that it was pathetic to make people wait that long and then give them the opposite of what they’d asked for. Before we’d ordered our food the manager came over and gave us a free round of drinks and apologized. Did we order doubles- you bet we did!!:drinking1:drinking1
So what are girls to do when faced with a long wait? Drink of course!

Well what else would a girl do while waiting but have a beverage or two:confused3
I apparently either had a Smithwicks or a Pear Cider. I’m guessing they are very different and I should know the difference but I got nada
Hahahaha so very different tasting :rotfl2:
my notes say yummy soda Guinness with oli and sugar food. Sugar food????
Perfect description :thumbsup2
Side note, what is up with those god awful old lady plates?
You’d think you were eating in your Granny’s mammy’s house looking at those plates :scared1:

fries not cooked weak and cold.” Poor raw, cold, and weak garlic fries. Maybe I’ll start a go fund me fundraiser for them.
You could do a drinkathon in aid of weak fries. I’m sure we’d all join in or at the very least sponsor you so long as you share any notes you might make lol
But thanks to many beers we had craic anyway (thanks @luvpoohandcompany for the vocabulary lessons)
You’re very welcome. The craic may not have been mighty but it was good and that’s all that ever matters. Here’s hoping hula Bob is revived and makes it over to Raglan Road to toast his continued good health. :drinking1

Last edited:
:rotfl2:
Ahhhhh the faces are great!
Jason and D2 also got Fish and Chips but for crazy people who had run a half marathon and 2 10Ks to get in and out of MGM, the size of this was definitely less than satisfying.
I looked at this photo and was like, what fish? :confused3 Sad portion size there.

I kind of want to go to Raglan Road. Let's be honest, mainly for the Dalkey Duo. More fancy corndogs!

My kids at school are so obsessed with hula hooping right now!
I had to read this twice. At first I thought you said your kids were obsessed with hula hooping and I was all aren't they a little old :earboy2:

The expression on her face is priceless!
Poor thing was terrified but I think she did actually like it. But no luck getting her on it a second time

You and Bill both! Although he did promise to ride it once with me in July.
Thankfully Jason won't get near it so its a rare occurrence when I get dragged on.

That scallop forest looks incredible. :)
It was so good and would be right up your alley!

a 45 minute wait really is inexcusable...I can see why you wouldn't be in a hurry to go back when there are so many other great options.
It was ridiculous and I think we waiting at least that long last time. I think they just load up reservations and don't care about the customer impact. Lunch may be a decent option though.

I absolutely LOVE this pic!!!!
She is always more than happy to showcase her gymnastics skills. And what better place than her once favorite ride.

Great food and drink translations as always!!!!
These once were much easier to decipher than the last ones :drinking1

I really should just put a bunch of emojis this whole update had me cracking up!
I know right? I want to see if I can do a whole update in nothing but emojis

🤣😂 :drinking1🍷🍻🍾🍸 😸😼😺

You just didnt want to feel left out, its like you raced as well! 10k's all around!
I love the way you think. And we had to walk back to so 2 10Ks for me :earboy2:

I loved the Tipsy notes as always! but not going to lie you did not sell me on adding Raglan Road as our Disney Springs meal thats for sure!
I'm pretty sure I didn't sell anyone. Food is good - even if the portions are small - and Casey loved it when she was little and could go on the stage and dance but the wait was beyond ridiculous.

The scallop forest is so good, I remember having this the 1x we went to Raglan Road and loved it!
When (or should I say if) we go again I cannot imagine ordering anything but this. So good.

Casey does look a little freaked on RnRc and I don’t blame her. We have a big picture of me on it with my son years ago and I am screaming with my eyes closed, I can’t kive down that picture!
I have a feeling this picture will come back to haunt her too for years to come.

Yay for more tipsy notes! Good thing you can decipher some:lmao:
Its a rarity but thankfully my memory was still pretty intact for this one.

Thank you for finding the perfect picture for my new favorite DIS emoji! Best part of the DIS update 💩💩💩💩💩
Is it good or bad that I thought of you as I wrote this up????

It is perfect isn't it? Poor thing I don't think she had any idea what we were getting on so it was 💩💩💩💩 all day long!

Hey I got you on and I didn't have to give you a drink (till after) #cheapdate #easy
You seem to have forgotten the 10 mimosas I had before hand. Plus I knew the years of shame and ridicule that would follow me if I didn't ride :earboy2:

This literally just made me giggle. Sorry Raglan wasn't the best. I agree their fish and chips is small for the price. The scallops sound great though!
The scallops are definitely the way to go. That fish and chips portion was just absurd.

Ooh I’m hoping the craic was mighty!
Probably not as mighty as the word would imply, but I figured I'd channel my inner Irishwoman just for you :shamrock:

Wow way to go Casey! I’ve never been on this ride because I’m a wimp ( sometimes).
Don't tell Casey but I wouldn't ride it if I wasn't pressuring her to do so. Its definitely not my favorite.

This happened us too but I blamed it on the fact that I’d asked for the main room. They then showed us into that crappy side room and I told the person seating us that it was pathetic to make people wait that long and then give them the opposite of what they’d asked for. Before we’d ordered our food the manager came over and gave us a free round of drinks and apologized. Did we order doubles- you bet we did!!:drinking1:drinking1
I so should have said something so they could have hooked a girl up too! Though I gotta say I'm shocked that you ate at Raglan of all places! I mean aren't you eating fish and chips for like every meal at home :earboy2:

I'd asked for the main room on our last trip when we waited close to an hour so I made no requests this time, so that wasn't an excuse. I think they just jam in reservations knowing they could never stick to reservation times.

You’d think you were eating in your Granny’s mammy’s house looking at those plates :scared1:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:If those are Granny's mammy's dishes then those are REALLY old!

You could do a drinkathon in aid of weak fries. I’m sure we’d all join in or at the very least sponsor you so long as you share any notes you might make lol
That is perfect. I'll look to book Raglan Road and we can all partake there :drinking1

You’re very welcome. The craic may not have been mighty but it was good and that’s all that ever matters. Here’s hoping hula Bob is revived and makes it over to Raglan Road to toast his continued good health. :drinking1
If Hula Hoop Bob ever makes it to Raglan he better stop now cause that is gonna be one S-L-O-W trip!!!

I looked at this photo and was like, what fish? :confused3 Sad portion size there.
I think we have a new phrase when you get a small portion, What the Fish? :fish:

I kind of want to go to Raglan Road. Let's be honest, mainly for the Dalkey Duo. More fancy corndogs!
To be honest I'd like to go ahead too just to partake in the deliciousness of all of their appetizers. I think lunch may be the way to go if you want to eat in this century though

Wow Jason's Fish & Chip portion is just sad. I think my portion next door at Cooke's may have been larger, definitely not smaller. We had a so-so dinner experience there several years ago. DH even said so & he is more laid back than me when it comes to restaurants.
If we ever go back it'll be for lunch or brunch.

From what we could gather he is a photopass photographer but what drew Jason’s attention is that he did not move. At all. We watched him for a solid 5 minutes and thought perhaps he was sleeping standing up (or worse). We looked for him for the rest of the trip to confirm that he was still standing but we never saw him again. Zoinks!!
What!?! That poor man!!!

376467562.jpeg
I reconize that shirt!

Poor thing! But she survived!

This generation I do not get says the old lady.
I don't get the picture thing at all. We saw a group of teens playing that stupid flip the water bottle game in the middle of Magic Kingdom one night. It was strange.

But this is fun, right?
I don't know. I have only ridden this once, cause Morgan refuses to ride it. And how are you and @ariane37 friends?

To drink I went with a Strawberry cider with “lien that was a little sugary and no nuf tart.” Apparently sugar was a reoccurring theme.
I do love me a tart beer!

“cankers kids meal times 2 and get twice and much for 2 less. “ Which I’m gonna go out on a limb and say translates to you could order 2 kids meals of fish and chips and get twice as much food for $2 less. Pro translation and tip right there.
Love the pro tip!

Per my prolific notes “bang mash like.”
Now you are talking like a millenial!

GO Casey!!! :thumbsup2

Our favorites were a bunch of millennials who were having their very own Tyra Banks moment with at least 15 minutes of constant photos including the coveted laying on the dirty disgusting ground shots.
:sad2: And also, gross! :scared:

Sugar food????
Oh you don't know what sugar food is? You clearly haven't been to my kitchen... :rolleyes1

Loving your tipsy notes as usual! I quite enjoy translating myself before looking to your own translations for confirmation (or not :laughing:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter