A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

aha! Well a good Sauv Blanc goes down like water...so there's that. We may have several dead soldiers in the recycling after the long weekend here......
What do ya know we have several soldiers of our own awaiting their Memorial Weekend fate :P

This my be your best Tippsy notes yet.:thumbsup2. The Iran Macaroons sound interesting :rotfl2:
Thank you (I think) :D

:headache: That would've made me so angry! Sir, I literally could've boarded the bus in the time you lied to me!
We literally just considered walking for a while :-)

:rotfl:excellent of him to match his drink to his shirt
You don't do this? Doesn't everyone drink what they are wearing?

This was clear to me- Randy didn't respond so you had to buy a shotgun and case of beer :laughing:. I love the tipsy notes- they made me laugh out loud!
Thank you for figuring that one out for me. Now I know why the tipsy notes were so tipsy!

Maybe when we get to the resort in Spain. This 10 month old has been making it hard to have more then 2 drinks....but some drinks were had and even some food too
I didn't realize you were going to Spain too! Hope you are having the most amazing time.

Always enjoy those tipsy notes! :rotfl:
Always enjoy you enjoying :D

View attachment 402028 I am very amused that the ad I am seeing with your trip report is for Happy Hour, which I have never seen with anyone else's posts. :rotfl2:
This is amazing! Finally all of my drinking can help someone's business :rotfl2: Though I had to do a double take as I thought you were posting some weird add on my report somehow :drinking1

Love the tipsy notes! I need to party with you!
The more the merrier!

giphy.gif
Humm your tipsy notes proof otherwise. Have a great weekend. Hope crazy Jason isn't running another race. Tell Casey to eat some sushi for me if you guys have any, not on our weekend menu.

Tipsy notes are the highlights of your trip reports. Along with Casey pics & Jason's ride pics & everything else!!! Love it all! :love:
Thanks so much! We certainly enjoy or food and trips!

giphy.gif
Humm your tipsy notes proof otherwise. Have a great weekend. Hope crazy Jason isn't running another race. Tell Casey to eat some sushi for me if you guys have any, not on our weekend menu.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Me and wine certainly does not equal retaining information. :earboy2:

No race this weekend, but he did run an 18 mile one last weekend. And no sushi on our menu either, we are in WV for the weekend and even if there was a sushi restaurant I'm 99% sure this is not where we would want to eat it.

A Grand Breakfast

Jason and R2D2 were up at the ungodly 3am hour again to do the Princess Half Marathon. Thankfully their chosen Moana motif did not require my hair styling skills so I slept in.

Poor D2 was still struggling with a cold so while they started the race together….

Jason and R2 ended up taking off on their own when she decided to walk.

The humidity was apparently miserable and they all unanimously hated the course. Outside of running through Magic Kingdom most of the course is just on roads which I gather are not very exciting. Between the weather and the course Jason was ready to end it all.

Everyone did finish though and I very much enjoyed cheering them on from the sanctity of our room.

Taking almost as long as the actual race, it took them an hour and a half to get back to the hotel! Word of advice, do not stay at an MK area hotel when they are racing through Magic Kingdom.

No bueno. No bueno at all.

Eventually they made it to us and we took our carriage to the Grand Floridian for breakfast.

We were almost 30 minutes late because of the race traffic and then encountered a huge line to check-in, but thankfully no one even mentioned our tardiness.

They seated us quickly and what do you want after running 13.1 miles or in my case "participating" in spirit? A Bloody Mary of course.

Someone was apparently feeling left out of all the photos today and had to make sure you knew she was still here.

Meet the Grand Floridians Chipotle Bloody Mary – or Bloody Kari as they are affectionately known in our house – with House-made Chipotle-infused Vodka, and garnished with Jumbo Shrimp, Chorizo, and a Lime-Salted Rim. We may or may not have gone through a few of these during brunch.

While the house-made vodka through me for a loop as I didn’t know Disney was running a distillery on the side, the bloody was absolutely delicious. The chipotle added some nice smokiness and head and I loved the addition of the shrimp.

As for food after a rousing game of thumb war that I have no recollection of why it went down, Casey got a rare meal of her own of Mickey Waffles.

I didn’t ask but I’m gonna guess it tastes exactly like a mouse shaped waffle should.

To go with the bloody mary chorizo theme R2 got the Chorizo Benedict with Two-poached Eggs, Toasted English Muffin, Fresh Chorizo Sausage, Bell Pepper Relish, and Chorizo-Hollandaise served with Marinated Tomato Salad.

I didn’t try it but she said these were great and hit the post running spot.

D2 went for the Benedict flight which came with the traditional, chorizo and a lobster benedict.

While I prefer to drink my flights I tried the lobster one and it was delicious.

Jason, in need of some major carbohydrates, went for the Old Fashioned Pancakes with Mandarin Oranges, Dried Cranberries, Chantilly Cream, and Citrus-Pecan Syrup.

He had a version of this a few years ago and loved it yet again.

As for me, I took a queue from @Dis_Yoda and went for the Café Sandwich an Open-faced Hot Sandwich with Ham, Roasted Turkey Breast, Bacon, Tomato, Boursin Cheese Sauce, and Onion Rings.

First and foremost the onion rings were awesome. They were thick and crispy and were great at soaking up all my tipsiness from the evening before. The sandwich was also very good, but the bread they served it on was weird as it wasn’t open faced as advertised and the focaccia fell a part with all the other stuff on there. Speaking of other stuff the meats all went well together – and I don’t even like ham - and I loved the Boursin Cheese Sauce, I just needed about 10 times more of it!

Overall this was a great trip to the café. Our sever was fabulous, they let our late butts in without issue, bloody marys were flowing and we had carbs galore. What else do ya really need? With our tables in wonderland card we saved $23.80.

Up next, we get our MGM on!

Virtually supporting runners really works up an appetite... and thirst! I have the same issue!! Love the train tracks photo- hysterical. Ugh on all that traffic. After running that far, I imagine you just want to get “home” - not sit on a bus with a bunch of sweaty people. Breakfast looks great!! I’ve never tried Grand Floridian Cafe ... will have to see if I can work that in as I love visiting the resort.

I got so behind I'm not even sure where I left off but I think now I'm caught up for the most part ::yes:: Plus I'm still getting used to the new boards and of course it's confused me a bit :crazy:

while the driver wouldn’t let us on he said there was “literally a bus right behind me.” We should have known better than to trust someone who said literally because he apparently meant the Old Key West bus that was literally behind him, not the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus that didn’t show up for another 30 minutes. Oye!
I think this is bus driver speak for "I'm going to give you the opposite of Disney Magic right now as payback for all the crap us bus drivers take"

TJ Eric rants and samball
This will now be my stepson Eric's new nickname

she liked the Iranian one?
Damn! We bought some macarons in Little Italy and they did NOT have the Iranian one. I feel like I've totally missed out now.
Café Sandwich an Open-faced Hot Sandwich with Ham, Roasted Turkey Breast, Bacon, Tomato, Boursin Cheese Sauce, and Onion Rings.
This is what one of the boys had on our one visit there; as you may remember we loved the food but omg service was SLOW! I'd go again but hope for a different server. Glad you guys enjoyed it and Sanaa too which never seems to disappoint.

That half course is my husband’s least favorite too. I know they also cut some of the EPCOT time off the course so really get no park time. MK resorts are nice for races that start at the parking lot of MK but other than that, I avoid for race weekends too.

Glad your experience at the Grand Cafe went so well! I am sad they moved to onion rings from the onion straws. Totally a fork and knife sandwich!

Umm so i think i want to try this place just for the Bloody, that sounds and looks FABULOUS!

I am so not an eggs Benedict person but those all look pretty good... i would still never order them, i would probably get Mickey waffles... cause everything is better when its mickey shaped, just saying...

:rotfl:

As usual, your tipsy notes are the best! It doesn't even matter to me what you're really saying 🤪

while they started the race together….

They look great, I love the Moana theme!

Between the weather and the course Jason was ready to end it all.
That's hilarious :rotfl2:

Everyone did finish though and I very much enjoyed cheering them on from the sanctity of our room.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

what do you want after running 13.1 miles or in my case "participating" in spirit? A Bloody Mary of course.

Great pic, especially with the little photobomber!

Meet the Grand Floridians Chipotle Bloody Mary – or Bloody Kari as they are affectionately known in our house – with House-made Chipotle-infused Vodka, and garnished with Jumbo Shrimp, Chorizo, and a Lime-Salted Rim. We may or may not have gone through a few of these during brunch.

That looks so good. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting one at the Cali Grill Brunch :sad2:

I had a lot to catch up on while I was going on my honeymoon to Europe. It looks like you had a lot of delicious food and fun adventures. Your husbands running is impressive, I could barely run if someone was actually chasing me and my life depended on it lol.

I had a lot to catch up on while I was going on my honeymoon to Europe. It looks like you had a lot of delicious food and fun adventures. Your husbands running is impressive, I could barely run if someone was actually chasing me and my life depended on it lol.
Funny you should say that about running. I always say that if you see me running I'm either being chased by zombies or DS forgot his trombone/house key/phone. HAHAHA

Virtually supporting runners really works up an appetite... and thirst! I have the same issue!! Love the train tracks photo- hysterical. Ugh on all that traffic. After running that far, I imagine you just want to get “home” - not sit on a bus with a bunch of sweaty people. Breakfast looks great!! I’ve never tried Grand Floridian Cafe ... will have to see if I can work that in as I love visiting the resort.
Virtually supporting runners really does work up an appetite but thankfully Grand Floridian fixed that. You should definitely give it a try sometime. We've been several times and the food has never disappointed, though the service can lack.

I'm gonna go with may. ;)
Winner winner chicken dinner!!

I think this is bus driver speak for "I'm going to give you the opposite of Disney Magic right now as payback for all the crap us bus drivers take"
I know right? I'm thinking he was due to get off or something and we had to pay the price for it.

This will now be my stepson Eric's new nickname
How is TJ Eric Rant doing?

Damn! We bought some macarons in Little Italy and they did NOT have the Iranian one. I feel like I've totally missed out now.
Oh you so did miss out. You should go back and insist they give you an iranian one since we all know Italians and Iranians make the best french desserts :earboy2:

This is what one of the boys had on our one visit there; as you may remember we loved the food but omg service was SLOW! I'd go again but hope for a different server. Glad you guys enjoyed it and Sanaa too which never seems to disappoint.
This was probably the best service we've ever had there. Its not as bad as Kona, but never great and usually slow. Figure that just gives me time to drink more bloody marys.

That half course is my husband’s least favorite too. I know they also cut some of the EPCOT time off the course so really get no park time. MK resorts are nice for races that start at the parking lot of MK but other than that, I avoid for race weekends too.
Yeah we learned our lesson on all accounts. No Princess or MK resorts for us!

Glad your experience at the Grand Cafe went so well! I am sad they moved to onion rings from the onion straws. Totally a fork and knife sandwich!
I knew something was different. They must have changed the size too because I could actually pick this up. I want a redo and one of your sandwiches now!

Yuck! They should have just walked!
It sure would have been faster.

Breakfast sounded delish. I love eggs benedict, but sadly, the rest of my family isn't big breakfast people. Sigh...
How about in August you can have breakfast with Jason and Casey and I can hang with your crew :earboy2: We aren't big breakfast people either, but Jason loves it

Umm so i think i want to try this place just for the Bloody, that sounds and looks FABULOUS!
It was pretty dang tasty!

I am so not an eggs Benedict person but those all look pretty good... i would still never order them, i would probably get Mickey waffles... cause everything is better when its mickey shaped, just saying...
I've got to be in the mood for an egg but do like a benedict every once in a while. I don't like sweets in the morning though so its rarely waffles for me.

Tipsy notes are the best. And we get two installments this time???
At least! I think there is are two versions of some semi-tipsy notes too. :drinking1

Also... favoritest movie: :love::love::love:
I love all the vacation movies. If they are on TV we are watching them. Though the original is still my favorite. Love me some Wally World!

Your Bloody Kari's look amazing
Why thank you :earboy2: And what do you know I plan on having a few at brunch tomorrow.

I love your tipsy reports! They are the best!
Thanks Teresa. You know I only drink for the notes :drinking1

As usual, your tipsy notes are the best! It doesn't even matter to me what you're really saying 🤪
Clearly it doesn't matter to me either. I should have taken some on our trip just to add to commentary to everyone else reports.

That's hilarious :rotfl2:
He certainly thinks so

Great pic, especially with the little photobomber!
See last comment. I have no idea where she gets it :earboy2:
That looks so good. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting one at the Cali Grill Brunch :sad2:
Not me. I never pay for alcohol when I get can some for free :drinking1

Europe!!!! How awesome. Welcome back!

You can me both on the running thing. We were hiking last weekend and I had to run to jump over a small creek. Casey commented that she didn't know I could run. As I landed in the mud we all learned that I in fact cannot 🏃‍♀️

Funny you should say that about running. I always say that if you see me running I'm either being chased by zombies or DS forgot his trombone/house key/phone. HAHAHA
Not even sure those things could get all that is me movin!

Playing some catch up on the boards...I hope you do a dining review of our Epic Trip. I'd especially like to know all the tipsy deets at CG brunch!

We eventually made it and took some grainy artistic savanna pictures before we were seated.

Wow at least you were able to see the giraffe in the dark!

Clearly Jason had an old elephant foot beer, because who doesn’t want their IPA with a little old elephant foot or olsnelwphanf bear on the side.
That is only fitting since he has an elephant on his shirt. He must have dressed for the occasion.

This is getting tougher. I know we got the bread service apparently with three extra red naan (who knew they came in colors). I liked the paneer bread along with the tomato, coriander, and sambal sauces. But look out for TJ Eric because he’s on a rant.

That TJ Eric...I told him to behave!

So apparently Jason got the Traditional Sosatie which is Braai Lamb with apricots, pap, spinach, cashews, and goat cheese. The malm (clearly lamb) was on the cold side and slightly overcooked and the rice was crumbly. Also I go with Aldo like spinach goes with nuts? Don’t tell Jason though. He is highly jealous of Aldo.

This looks very...interesting. The lamb actually looks like a hasselback potato.

I always get the potjie!!

We ubered back to the room on a canary. No that’s not right. We uber’d back to the room and Casey slept. Getting better. And while they got ready for the half marathon the next morning I drink drink I do. I think there is a hit song in there somewhere.

You can't just drink. You must drink drink. You are Chunkylush so one drink is not enough.

The humidity was apparently miserable and they all unanimously hated the course. Outside of running through Magic Kingdom most of the course is just on roads which I gather are not very exciting. Between the weather and the course Jason was ready to end it all.

This is me at the start of any sort of running.

Yummy!

While the house-made vodka through me for a loop as I didn’t know Disney was running a distillery on the side, the bloody was absolutely delicious. The chipotle added some nice smokiness and head and I loved the addition of the shrimp.
Haha the chef probably made some moonshine in one of the pantries...

Jason, in need of some major carbohydrates, went for the Old Fashioned Pancakes with Mandarin Oranges, Dried Cranberries, Chantilly Cream, and Citrus-Pecan Syrup.

He had a version of this a few years ago and loved it yet again.

Yum I had this once and it was delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!