A Tale of Two Cities - Evening the Fifth - Arriving at Disney

ukstitch

<font color=deeppink>I'm not sure I'm quite your a
I arrived at Seattle airport about 3 hours in advance of my flight, so there was a large amount of sitting around doing nothing to be done.

Finally we were called to board the plane, so on we got. The legroom here was much better than on the international flight I had, as I had a front row seat, so there were few extra inches before the first class seats. I was also lucky enough to have a window seat, which is my favourite seat as I prefer being able to see out of the plane, especially on landing (although I will admit that the aisle has to take preference when given the choice between window or legroom). The flight down to Orange County was a fairly short one and we landed slightly ahead of schedule at about 8:50 or so. The weather on the flight was much the same as the transatlantic flight - very cloudy, but generally calm.

I collected my luggage and headed for the transportation centre, where I sat around waiting for the Disneyland Resort Express bus that I had pre-booked for my shuttle to the resort.

It eventually turned up (on time at 9:45 - they're once every hour at that time) and I showed the driver my printed ticket and I was allowed on the bus. There were only 3 of us on the entire bus (probably because of the time) but it was nice enough. The transfer time from the airport was about 15 minutes or so and I was dropped off about a 2 or 3 minute walk down the street from my hotel.

This time, I was staying at the Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites, which is situated right next to the McDonalds and not very far from the crosswalk opposite the pedestrian entrance to the parks.

My room was about as far away from the main entrance as it could be, but even so, it wasn't a very long walk to the ticket gates.I checked into my room, which was a good size, with a huge bed considering it was only me in the room.

Once I'd unpacked everything, I headed back out and had a walk around the entrance plaza to the parks and then walked on through to the Downtown Disney area.

This area is well presented and has a huge amount of shops in (both Disney and non-Disney), so you could easily lose a large number of hours inside the various shops. I spent a good hour or so, just walking down as far as the Disneyland Hotel (which was actually further from the park gates than my own non Disney hotel), then walking back to my hotel again, via the huge world of Disney store at the end of downtown Disney nearer to the parks.

There was also the added advantage that Disneyland had put up all their Halloween theming for the year, so there was plenty to look at, even outside of the park, where there were a number of large pumpkin style character heads sat on top of the main Disneyland Park gates, as well as some large model candy corns in place of the usual A letters of the California sign.

As I hadn't actually had anything to eat yet, I paid a visit to the local eatery (also known as McDonalds). My apologies, but I have no food photos to offer from Mcdonalds, although I suspect a quick search for McNuggets and Fries will provide enough pictures if so desired.

I took the food back to my room and quickly finished it off, then yet again crashed out to bed, ready to get up the next morning at about 6:30am to join the queue to collect my tickets at 7.

Ooh your pictures of DTD make me want to be back there. I agree the walk to the Disneyland hotel is quite a distance compared to some of the off site hotels but the walk is nice. Plus you can get the monorail straight from that end of the village into the park. Did you look around the Grand Californian? I love the entrance to that being so close to the park entrance.

Ooh your pictures of DTD make me want to be back there. I agree the walk to the Disneyland hotel is quite a distance compared to some of the off site hotels but the walk is nice. Plus you can get the monorail straight from that end of the village into the park. Did you look around the Grand Californian? I love the entrance to that being so close to the park entrance.

I have to admit that I didn't get round to actually looking inside any of the other hotels. I guess I'll have to make sure I do that next time I visit :rotfl:

I have to admit that I didn't get round to actually looking inside any of the other hotels. I guess I'll have to make sure I do that next time I visit :rotfl:

Such a shame as the Grand Californian is stunning, far nicer than the Disneyland Hotel IMHO.

I can't wait for the next day to see more pics!!

Oh that is a bummer. The Grand Californian is my favorite hotel on the planet. Stunning!

Wonderful Rob! looking forward to hearing more...

really enjoying your adventure,love the night-time picture of the entrance to the parks, can,t wait for more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter