A tale of breakfasts and snacks… from an Italian perspective! (with pics) - FINISHED!

Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining

On my last evening in WDW, I wanted to relax in my room and pack, and therefore I had room service. The Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining menu doesn’t particularly appeal to me, but I had the crab cake appetizer and the burger with homemade chips.

It wasn’t bad… and it wasn’t very good either. The best part of the crab cake appetizer was the accompanying fennel salad, which was actually very good, and the best part of the burger were the chips.

I had the burger because I have never had one in the US (and very few in my life) and I hoped this would be a better first try than CS burgers, but it actually wasn’t so (I presume, as I have not tried CS). The patty was very thin, dry and tasteless. Oh, well, I am not going to waste one of my very few TS chances on a burger, so this will have to do.

Honestly I have never had any room service/private dining meal in ANY hotel (Disney or otherwise) that has ever been that good so you probably would have been better off getting a CS burger! In fact I hate that your only burger experience was so abysmal... when a burger is done right there is little that can top it ::yes::.

I hope that business trips or other circumstances bring you back to the world soon!

Honestly I have never had any room service/private dining meal in ANY hotel (Disney or otherwise) that has ever been that good so you probably would have been better off getting a CS burger!

You know what? you are perfectly right, I should have known better! :)

Now you make me realize that the only experience I've had of one of the foods I hated most, Pierogi, was room service as well (in Warsaw). Maybe I should give it another chance!

I hope that business trips or other circumstances bring you back to the world soon!

Thanks! I hope so too! :goodvibes :hyper:

(Actually, I have already started planning what I would like to do... even if I have no idea of if and when I will be back! :blush:)

Excellent review! It's interesting to have an outsider's perspective on the Dis!

Thanks! I had never written a trip report of any kind, but DIS dining reviews have been so useful (and entertaining!) to me while planning :thanks:, that I had to give it a try.
I enjoyed myself! :cool1:

Just read all your reviews. I feel like I should really try 1900 PF and Yachtsman now. I've not been to Boma, but I have a reservation for dinner there on one of my upcoming trips. Have you tried the brownies at Starring Rolls? I had one there for the first time last weekend, and my sister thought it was the best brownie she's ever had (brownies are one of her favorite desserts).

Just read all your reviews. I feel like I should really try 1900 PF and Yachtsman now. I've not been to Boma, but I have a reservation for dinner there on one of my upcoming trips.

You'll love them! :thumbsup2

JuHave you tried the brownies at Starring Rolls? I had one there for the first time last weekend, and my sister thought it was the best brownie she's ever had (brownies are one of her favorite desserts).

Really? I haven't tried it, because it is covered in M&Ms (if I'm not mistaken) and I assumed that it would be too sweet.
Maybe I should change my mind. What did you think about it?

Hi Alby!! I'm from Italy too. I will be viisting with my boyfriend (his first time) the wdw and the "dark side" on less than a month!! I haven't been at WDW since Dec 2004 and the "dark side" (US and IoA) since '97!!
Loved your trip report!! Can't wait to eat there as we are big foodies!

Hi Alby!! I'm from Italy too. I will be viisting with my boyfriend (his first time) the wdw and the "dark side" on less than a month!! I haven't been at WDW since Dec 2004 and the "dark side" (US and IoA) since '97!!
Loved your trip report!! Can't wait to eat there as we are big foodies!

Hey alebisi! I think we have already met on the boards, I am originally from Udine!
You'll find the dark side very different from '97, I hope you have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

I"m not a big fan of buffets but there seems to be quite a variety of foods at Boma! Not just your normal breakfast foods that you'd get anywhere. I might have to reconsider buffets! :scratchin

Also, good tip about eating breakfast near the park that you'll be going to. We usually grab something in the food court and it's usually just ok. I may have to look at my ADRs again to see if I can squeeze in a breakfast somewhere!

I kept meaning to reply to this... sorry I haven't got to it before.

I think having a TS breakfast near the park you'll be going to works perfectly :thumbsup2 ... as long as you would normally wake up early enough anyway.

It's not a problem for me, as I am up at 5 because of jet lag anyway, and I get to explore a deluxe resort (those are the ones nearest to the parks, and they are beautiful), to eat a usually very good meal and to make ropedrop at the same time! 3 birds and one stone! :banana:

But if you are from the West and you alredy find it very difficult to get up early, I wouldn't do it, i'd personally prefer making rope drop!

Great reviews! Thanks. My DD13 loves the Cannonball at EoS. Hopefully when EoS opens at DTD at Disneyland it will be as good as the ones at WDW.

Great reviews! Thanks. My DD13 loves the Cannonball at EoS. Hopefully when EoS opens at DTD at Disneyland it will be as good as the ones at WDW.

As I mentioned before, the one in Disneyland Paris is NOT as good, so the cook counts.
But this has probably more to do with having a French cook in the kitchen (who would sure be better at croque monsieurs :)): I expect all the American EoS are on par

I loved reading your review! Great pictures! I enjoyed CHH too. I will have to try that brownie when I get there in February.

I loved reading your review! Great pictures! I enjoyed CHH too. I will have to try that brownie when I get there in February.

Enjoyed reading your reviews very much. You've made me hungry for breakfast!

Thanks! :)

Honestly I have never had any room service/private dining meal in ANY hotel (Disney or otherwise) that has ever been that good so you probably would have been better off getting a CS burger!

Hey, I am in Siena (Tuscany) right now, and I have found a room service that is really good!
So there's hope... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter