A table service a day keeps the blizzard away, or maybe not... Updated 4/20 CBR Food Court

We then headed to the castle and I got in line for check in. It didn't take long and we were quickly let into the castle. Here is where there was minor issues. The put us in the regular ordering line. Which wasn't a huge deal, but we had pre-ordered and there was a line to just pay right in the lobby. Since we didn't want to change our order at all, we jumped over to that line instead. Shortly there after we had paid 1 counter service a piece and were headed in to sit.
Girl, you did the right thing! No reason for you to wait to order when you already have! I woulda line-jumped, too! :thumbsup2

I apparently did not get a picture of the pastry trays. They were basic pastry trays, the pastries were fine. I had grabbed a gallon sized zip-lock and we packed up most of them, since after the regular breakfast no one was hugely hungry. We never ended up eating any of the ones I packed up, oh well.
Oooh, that's BRILLIANT with the gallon zip-lock! MAN! I'm gonna have to pack a couple of those into my park bag next time! :scratchin

After the pictures we headed out to get in the line for 7 dwarfs mine train with everyone else who had gotten an early breakfast. This was definitely a major benefit. We loved being one of the first people on the ride and not having to wait in a long line for the ride. In fact later in our trip we get another pre-park BoG breakfast just for that benefit.
I love hearing this! I'm doing an early BoG breakfast in October for exactly this reason! :goodvibes

Girl, you did the right thing! No reason for you to wait to order when you already have! I woulda line-jumped, too! :thumbsup2

Oooh, that's BRILLIANT with the gallon zip-lock! MAN! I'm gonna have to pack a couple of those into my park bag next time! :scratchin

I love hearing this! I'm doing an early BoG breakfast in October for exactly this reason! :goodvibes

I had read about the zip-lock plan somewhere on the DIS, and since I always bring extras in my bag anyways it made sense to me. Unfortunately we just sort of forgot we had them, because there were times during the day that they would have worked well for a snack.

The Mine train is the best reason for this breakfast, and yes I will freely admit that I will pay to get front of the line privileges to mine train, especially if I can use that money to feed the minions.

I am working on editing the rest of day 3. I hope to have the next dining part up tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully I'll finish day 3 this weekend, we'll see.

Your breakfast looks great, I'm still umming and ahhing about making a breakfast ADR there just for the mine train but we don't really like much on the menu :lmao: We are going there for lunch and dinner though :rotfl2:

Your breakfast looks great, I'm still umming and ahhing about making a breakfast ADR there just for the mine train but we don't really like much on the menu :lmao: We are going there for lunch and dinner though :rotfl2:

Remember you only have to order 1 meal for a pre park breakfast for everyone in total. Erm not that I suggest ordering a kid's bacon and eggs for 1 person in your whole party just to be able to ride mine train early (I totally do).

Remember you only have to order 1 meal for a pre park breakfast for everyone in total. Erm not that I suggest ordering a kid's bacon and eggs for 1 person in your whole party just to be able to ride mine train early (I totally do).
We're on the DDP so I was thinking of sharing 2 adult meals between us as we're not big breakfast eaters anyway :goodvibes

The food was edible (mostly), the restaurant was clean, but unless one of the kids specifically asks to come back here it is not on our list at this point. At the price point it has, it should be so much better.

This seems to be the general consensus when it comes to Chef Mickey's :sad2: Definitely not on our to-do list.

mine_train_1st_ride.jpg
What a great picture!!

Joining in! I was debating on chef mickeys. We did it for breakfast last trip and I don't remember anything amazing, but nothing terrible either. This trip it would be a dinner adr though which seems to get much worse reviews. Leaning towards something else right now since we already have tusker house for a different day.

I didn't end up editing at all this weekend. Today is snowy so I am going to try to work on it in a bit to get up the rest of the day.

Looking forward to more!!! Thank you for taking the time to do the reviews. Are the Tye-Dyes the kids are wearing done on site? CBR has that as an activity I think.

We're on the DDP so I was thinking of sharing 2 adult meals between us as we're not big breakfast eaters anyway :goodvibes

Perfect plan :).

This seems to be the general consensus when it comes to Chef Mickey's :sad2: Definitely not on our to-do list.

What a great picture!!

Thanks about the picture.

And yeah I was sad about Chef Mickey's since we really enjoyed it in 2009.

Joining in! I was debating on chef mickeys. We did it for breakfast last trip and I don't remember anything amazing, but nothing terrible either. This trip it would be a dinner adr though which seems to get much worse reviews. Leaning towards something else right now since we already have tusker house for a different day.

Yeah, unless you really want to do it, I would skip it at this point. Which is sad, it was a lot of fun when we went in 2009. This time, it was really blah, it just wasn't worth it especially at that cost.

Great reviews!

Thanks.

Looking forward to more!!! Thank you for taking the time to do the reviews. Are the Tye-Dyes the kids are wearing done on site? CBR has that as an activity I think.

We did the tie dye about a week before we left at home. I read a tutorial on line and we followed it. I really like the Mickey Heads.

Love your review. thanks for sharing!

Thanks.

I am working on pictures this evening I hope to get the next review up this weekend.

I finally finished editing all the pictures. I will post our snack review below, and do CRT tomorrow or Tuesday since we're heading to my FIL's for the afternoon evening in a few.

Storybook Treats
January 14, 2016

Around 1pm we were feeling hungry, since we still had about 90 minutes until our ADR we decided to stop for a snack. We were right by Storybook Treats and it was fairly warm out, so ice cream it was. We got a strawberry sundae, 2 cones, 1 chocolate and 1 mixed and a large root beer. We did use our dining plan snack credits for this, and I don't remember how much it would have cost. Everyone was happy though and it was a lot of ice cream. We could have split 2 sundaes amongst the 5 of us, but the boys weren't interested. I believe attriel had some of the boy's ice cream. The girl and I shared her sundae.

ice_cream_des.jpg

ice_cream_sul.jpg

ice_cream_elo.jpg

It ended up being a great snack. It may have actually ended up as a bit too much since no one was hugely hungry for lunch when we headed over an hour or so after finished the ice cream. Everyone gave his a big thumbs up and we all enjoyed our treat.

Cinderella's Royal Table
January 14, 2016

We had a 2:20 ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch. I had originally hoped for an earlier time, but when I finally made an ADR all that was left was 2:20, so we took it. This was the one meal that the kids had no clue we were doing. We figured the girl child would love it. Princesses and the castle. We told them a few minutes before we headed over and the girl child decided to change into a princess costume. She decided to go as Elsa rather than Cinderella or Belle (yes we brought 3 costumes to the park for her that day). We headed in and got checked in about 10 minutes before our ADR time. We headed to the waiting area a few minutes later and got our pictures with Cinderella.

cinderella.jpg

We then sat for a couple of minutes before being brought upstairs into the dining area. The kids all loved it. We got seated and our waiter Carl (like from Phineas and Ferb as minion 1 said, apparently Carl did not know the show, which was a bit surprising to us, but whatever) got our drink orders. I think the kids did milk and apple juice in some combination. Attriel got a Coke or rootbeer (I can't remember if they had rootbeer) and I believe I got a Sprite.

crt_menu.jpg

Carl quickly brought our drinks and appetizer out. The chef came out at some point in here to talk to attriel about his allergy. He said the fish of the day was perfectly safe for him. In general Disney was good about not having meat products in fish dishes other than seafood.

We liked the bread and the cheese with honey were great and the hummus was hummus. The salad dressing wasn't my favorite and I don't think anyone really ate any of it.
crt_ap.jpg

The kids enjoyed their grapes and cheese, though I believe minion 3 gave his cheese to attriel, because he only wanted grapes. Minion 2 got the salad no dressing, she loved it, but she loves salad so that wasn't a surprise.
crt_ap_kids.jpg

The princesses were already out and coming around the room. I believe that Snow White was first to make it to our table.

snow_white.jpg

Next up was Ariel.

ariel.jpg

ariel_hug.jpg

Ariel started minion 1s quest to kiss all the princesses and the other characters he thought would like it. I didn't get a ton of pictures of him kissing the princesses because he kept doing it after I put down the camera. At some point in here our meals arrived.

Minion 2 got the kid's turkey pot pie. She did not like it, Carl offered and brought her out the chicken nuggets instead, which she was much happier with. I didn't try it so I can't say how it was to me, but she was not a fan.
crt_pot_pie.jpg

The boys got the chicken nuggets they both liked these as did the girl who got them later on. We did have a bunch left over but we took them with us, and minion 1 ate them later that evening.
crt_chicken.jpg

The fish of the day was Salmon on some sort of grain with sauce. Attriel liked the salmon, was not that impressed with the grain, but said over all it was good.
crt_salmon.jpg

I got the braised short rib, with wilted spinach and mashed potatoes. This was great. I really enjoyed it. It was a great size for me as well.
crt_sarah.jpg

At some point while we were eating Aurora also came by. I believe she was the princess that was here the shortest amount of time, just picture and head out. The kids were all happy though so it worked.
aurora.jpg

At this point they did the Wishing Star ceremony which all the kids enjoyed.
wishing_star_elders.jpg

wishing_star_sully.jpg

After the ceremony and we were done eating, Carl came back and took dessert orders. The kids all chose the smores, attriel wasn't overly interested on anything on the menu so I got both the Signature Dessert and Gus and Jaq's favorite. At this point we saw our last princess of the meal, Jasmine.

crt_jasmine.jpg

Got the kiss!
jasmine_kiss.jpg

After seeing Jasmine our desserts came out.

First the kid's smores. They all liked it. Dan got one too because it was a bit too much for the 3 of them to have all 3. Everyone was happy with this choice though.
crt_smores.jpg

The Signature Dessert. This was quite tasty and I really enjoyed it.
crt_cake.jpg

Gus and Jaq's Favorite, was not my favorite. I was not impressed at all. It was slightly better then the cheesecake at Chef Mickey's but that is about the best I can say about it. I did not like this. Fortunately I had the other dessert to console me.
crt_gross_cheese_cake.jpg

After we were done we got the chicken nuggets in a box and headed out. We all enjoyed the meal. The food was good, it probably wasn't quite as good at the price it cost, but the experience was great and the kids all really enjoyed it. We would do the Castle again since we all had a good time and the food was good.

We didn't really do dinner this evening. The younger two and I had bagels and cantaloupe in the hotel room for dinner, attriel had left over chocolate cake from our T-Rex dinner, and minion 1 ate the chicken nuggets.

All caught up! Sorry i am still making my round catching up!

I agree about BOG for breakfast a great value on the DDP not so much off of it, but i did enjoy it overall when we went, and would consider it again...

I cant wait to try CRT with DD but for the price i am waiting till she is a little older so i know she will enjoy it!

Great reviews! Looking forward to the rest!

Thanks I hope to edit some pictures this weekend, but my parents are here for minion 1's play, so it may end up slipping to next week.

All caught up! Sorry i am still making my round catching up!

I agree about BOG for breakfast a great value on the DDP not so much off of it, but i did enjoy it overall when we went, and would consider it again...

I cant wait to try CRT with DD but for the price i am waiting till she is a little older so i know she will enjoy it!

It is an amazing dining plan deal. We did it off the dining plan later, but just got 2 kids meals, it was worth it not to have to wait in an insane line for 7 dwarfs, I did prefer the cost while on the dining plan though.

Yeah I'd wait till she is a bit older. DD being almost 7 made it more or less the perfect age for CRT for her. We'll probably go back next time in 2018 when she has just turned 9 (if we go when I want to go), since the food was worth it for the experience. After that point it probably won't be on our list for awhile.

We plan on doing all the princess things for our trip coming up in October. I've got 3 little girls who will be 6, 7 and 8 when we go which I think are the perfect ages for princess everything! Looking forward to dinner at CRT. We did breakfast there last trip 5 years ago and it was great. We are hoping for free dining this year!

Fun report! I so loved the castle dinner. We likely won't go back until my daughter is older but I can't wait!

Thanks for the reviews!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter